Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

7 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Woah, now, let's not be attacking hard copies.

Outside of saving money buying used because somebody's cat was chewing on it, what's the advantage to getting hard copy anymore besides nostalgia?  Do I feel. Ad not being able to sell softcopies could destroy used game stores? Maybe, but anything I want that's used is usually priced like it's new anyway, like PS4 controllers, so I'm not as empathetic as I should be because they arent.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Outside of saving money buying used because somebody's cat was chewing on it, what's the advantage to getting hard copy anymore besides nostalgia?  Do I feel. Ad not being able to sell softcopies could destroy used game stores? Maybe, but anything I want that's used is usually priced like it's new anyway, like PS4 controllers, so I'm not as empathetic as I should be because they arent.

I mentioned it earlier but hard data caps and slow download speeds. Buying a game and having to wait 2 hours, 8 hours, 2 days..to download isn't optimal. Also, can't remember what the online requirements are for Xbox1 and PS4 digital games. Do you have to have an internet connection each time you play them? 

Personally I have no problem with either format, but I acknowledge that digital isn't for everyone (yet). 

13 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I mentioned it earlier but hard data caps and slow download speeds. Buying a game and having to wait 2 hours, 8 hours, 2 days..to download isn't optimal. Also, can't remember what the online requirements are for Xbox1 and PS4 digital games. Do you have to have an internet connection each time you play them? 

Personally I have no problem with either format, but I acknowledge that digital isn't for everyone (yet). 

We said the same thing about netflix wiping out video rental stores in regards to not enough people having high speed internet.  I downloaded a game, it doesnt need internet access that I know of (of course it would for updates, but I can decline that)

7 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Anybody have any advice for someone about to use Air-BnB for the very first time ?

Like, any particular Do's and Don'ts, and words of caution to be aware of ?

Like for example, anything from "watch out for the spy-cam on the bedside lamp" to tips on getting the best deal ?

I do this in any hotel, but particularly Air BNB. check for bedbugs first. Take your phone flashlight and scan the pillows, sheets and bed closely. Pull back the covers. Most air BNB's use residential washers  that may NOT get hot enough for what's required in commercial settings. If you're particular about it, bring your own linens.

45 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

I do this in any hotel, but particularly Air BNB. check for bedbugs first. Take your phone flashlight and scan the pillows, sheets and bed closely. Pull back the covers. Most air BNB's use residential washers  that may NOT get hot enough for what's required in commercial settings. If you're particular about it, bring your own linens.

Sister drives trucks, she got me into not even checking anymore, jus spray and pray, even at hotels.  And pull back the headboard if you can to get behind it, too.  I got bit up one time in Pittsburg, never again.

16 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Sister drives trucks, she got me into not even checking anymore, jus spray and pray, even at hotels.  And pull back the headboard if you can to get behind it, too.  I got bit up one time in Pittsburg, never again.

spray with what? Raid then lay my head on it??

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

With your face buried in that pillow? I'd be very concerned. 

You’ve obviously never experimented. 

Popeyes chicken sammich is smack. 

57 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Was wondering where you got your sig name from, thanks for the clarification. 

I have a sig?

2 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

spicy or regular? does it beat chickfila? that's the holy grail of chicken sandwiches

Better imo. But I am biased cause I heard so many amazing things about Chick-fil-A and when I first tried it was severely underwhelmed and since then my expectations are biased. 

Spicy cause I’m a man

Yes on pickles. 

Archived