• Blog Entries

• By TK in ES Coverage
      The Redskins have opened their 2019 season with two losses. Both against Divisional foes. Now they get to close out Week 3 at home on Monday Night against the visiting 1-1 Chicago Bears. The Bears don't have much of an offense but seem to have what may be an elite defense.

On the flip side, the Redskins have a developing passing attack and a disastrous defense. The Redskins haven't had a Defense this vanilla since Mike Nolan received his ice cream. Oh, and the Redskins already have more guys on IR then any other team this season. 

Will the Redskins finally put one in the win column? 

As usual, poll closes at kickoff. Go vote!
stevenaa

Random Thought Thread

I like WW2 stuff. There’s something poetic about Dunkirk and Normandy. About Dynamo and Overlord. For the first the British cobbled together a few hundred fishing boats and private leisure crafts to evacuate Dunkirk. Then, after they got their **** together, they came back across the channel with an armada of military vessels so thick that it filled the horizon. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

I like WW2 stuff. There’s something poetic about Dunkirk and Normandy. About Dynamo and Overlord. For the first the British cobbled together a few hundred fishing boats and private leisure crafts to evacuate Dunkirk. Then, after they got their **** together, they came back across the channel with an armada of military vessels so thick that it filled the horizon. 

You ever seen the documentary on the Nazis on Drugs?  One of the biggest reasons people believe Dunkirk went down the way it did was because of the Nazi ground troops were burnt out from the meth they were taking and their airforce was too high to hit all their targets.  Hitler became such a drug addict that he slept through D-Day.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

You ever seen the documentary on the Nazis on Drugs?  One of the biggest reasons people believe Dunkirk went down the way it did was because of the Nazi ground troops were burnt out from the meth they were taking and their airforce was too high to hit all their targets.  Hitler became such a drug addict that he slept through D-Day.  

LOL I'm just reading a book on that called "Blitzed". The Wermacht were popping methamphetamines like tic tacs, probably what made their blitzkrieg so effective. They had no clue what the long term consequences of these drugs were, until it was too late. 

3 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

I'd love to see some really killer movies on 1) Stalingrad (I know they already made a movie about it, but it isnt very good) and 2) the Battle of the Bulge. Two crazy insane battles. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Absolutely killing it.

Oh man, gonna have to watch this.  Thank you!  Nice find!

13 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

My mom told me about how she used to have one of their albums and played it to death in college to point roommates wanted to kill her.  Should've of seen the joy on her face when I said I finally listened to Psycho Killer and liked it.  Its like she played it so much it made it into the DNA she gave, neither of us knew it was there, lolz

That's a great song.  You should check out the version from Stop Making Sense:

For me, it was hearing Once in a Lifetime.  Remember hearing that when I was a kid and my mind was blown.  Just hadn't heard music like that before.  

14 hours ago, twa said:

I was the youngest of the herd, don't think I ever got new clothes till I was teen.

I be telling the brothers to take care of that ****, I don't want no patches

Brother: 53

Sister: 50

Brother: 46

Sister: 44

Me: 36

Lots of hand-me-downs.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

I like WW2 stuff.

When someone asks me what my favorite movies of all time are, I want to include Band of Brothers so badly - but it's a series.

Its follow-up, The Pacific is aiight...

Apparently Spielberg and Hanks have been working on a third installation, about the air war in Europe.

Shiz has been delayed more than the James Webb telescope.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

When someone asks me what my favorite movies of all time are, I want to include Band of Brothers so badly - but it's a series.

Its follow-up, The Pacific is aiight...

Apparently Spielberg and Hanks have been working on a third installation, about the air war in Europe.

Shiz has been delayed more than the James Webb telescope.

say what?!  Needs that.  

Gimme a Memphis Belle meets SVP flick.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Have not. But it makes sense. Even our military now does studies on uppers for the troops. 

They covered Red a lot of ground in that campaign: France, Belgium, Holland-I believe. It would make sense that they were hopped up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chew said:

say what?!  Needs that.  

Gimme a Memphis Belle meets SVP flick.  

Memphis Belle is the tits.

The question is, how did Private Joker go from the Marine Corps in Vietnam, to bomber pilot in World War II?  They didn't have Deloreans until the 80s...🤔

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Memphis Belle is the tits.

The question is, how did Private Joker go from the Marine Corps in Vietnam, to bomber pilot in World War II?  They didn't have Deloreans until the 80s...🤔

Hmmm.....

And how did Rascal go from a ball turret gunner in WWII to a treasure-hunting teen in the 1980s?!

955783049_giphy(2).gif.ddb19efd817dadd1a4fe69bb92d30984.gif

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chew said:

Hmmm.....

And how did Rascal go from a ball turret gunner in WWII to a treasure-hunting teen in the 1980s?!

giphy (2).gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

1) Border Collies  Labradoodles

2) Chihuahuas  Labradoodles

3) Basset Hounds  Labradoodles

4) Maltese  Labradoodles

5) Labs  

Fixed :D 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

1) Border Collies

2) Chihuahuas

3) Basset Hounds

4) Maltese

5) Labs

Dachshunds, Great Danes. (And that special breed Dancer is 😁).

But I love all dogs. ❤

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Dancer is a Coton de Tulear, rare breed from Madagascar. And the cutest! Just finished cutting her hair. It's a weekly chore in the Summer because it's so hot! Here's a picture of Dancer trying to get her belly cool under the fan!

And here's how people keep cool!

IMG_20190622_173643024.jpg

FB_IMG_1565907804160.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 of my dogs got bitten by a snake this morning playing in the backyard. 4k for tests, treatment and overnight stay/observation. Anyone know an effective way to snake proof a yard?

• Sad 3

Just now, Riggo-toni said:

3 of my dogs got bitten by a snake this morning playing in the backyard. 4k for tests, treatment and overnight stay/observation. Anyone know an effective way to snake proof a yard?

Image result for flame thrower animated gif

• Like 2

just reading another thread...it amazes me how aloof some folks are in regards to images they post here. 

5 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

just reading another thread...it amazes me how aloof some folks are in regards to images they post here. 

You talkin NBA thread? I saw it, too : /

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Dayum!  Keep the grass cut and the hiding spots limited?  Don't know man.  We have brown recluse spider problem here. We often treat bites from 'em  Snake bites? Gosh I don't know if I've ever seen an animal with one.

**** snakes.  

• Like 1