Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I like WW2 stuff. There’s something poetic about Dunkirk and Normandy. About Dynamo and Overlord. For the first the British cobbled together a few hundred fishing boats and private leisure crafts to evacuate Dunkirk. Then, after they got their **** together, they came back across the channel with an armada of military vessels so thick that it filled the horizon. 

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

I like WW2 stuff. There’s something poetic about Dunkirk and Normandy. About Dynamo and Overlord. For the first the British cobbled together a few hundred fishing boats and private leisure crafts to evacuate Dunkirk. Then, after they got their **** together, they came back across the channel with an armada of military vessels so thick that it filled the horizon. 

You ever seen the documentary on the Nazis on Drugs?  One of the biggest reasons people believe Dunkirk went down the way it did was because of the Nazi ground troops were burnt out from the meth they were taking and their airforce was too high to hit all their targets.  Hitler became such a drug addict that he slept through D-Day.  

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

You ever seen the documentary on the Nazis on Drugs?  One of the biggest reasons people believe Dunkirk went down the way it did was because of the Nazi ground troops were burnt out from the meth they were taking and their airforce was too high to hit all their targets.  Hitler became such a drug addict that he slept through D-Day.  

LOL I'm just reading a book on that called "Blitzed". The Wermacht were popping methamphetamines like tic tacs, probably what made their blitzkrieg so effective. They had no clue what the long term consequences of these drugs were, until it was too late. 

3 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

I'd love to see some really killer movies on 1) Stalingrad (I know they already made a movie about it, but it isnt very good) and 2) the Battle of the Bulge. Two crazy insane battles. 

12 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Absolutely killing it.

Oh man, gonna have to watch this.  Thank you!  Nice find!

13 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

My mom told me about how she used to have one of their albums and played it to death in college to point roommates wanted to kill her.  Should've of seen the joy on her face when I said I finally listened to Psycho Killer and liked it.  Its like she played it so much it made it into the DNA she gave, neither of us knew it was there, lolz

That's a great song.  You should check out the version from Stop Making Sense:

For me, it was hearing Once in a Lifetime.  Remember hearing that when I was a kid and my mind was blown.  Just hadn't heard music like that before.  

5 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

I like WW2 stuff.

When someone asks me what my favorite movies of all time are, I want to include Band of Brothers so badly - but it's a series.

Its follow-up, The Pacific is aiight...

Apparently Spielberg and Hanks have been working on a third installation, about the air war in Europe.

Shiz has been delayed more than the James Webb telescope.

7 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

When someone asks me what my favorite movies of all time are, I want to include Band of Brothers so badly - but it's a series.

Its follow-up, The Pacific is aiight...

Apparently Spielberg and Hanks have been working on a third installation, about the air war in Europe.

Shiz has been delayed more than the James Webb telescope.

say what?!  Needs that.  

Gimme a Memphis Belle meets SVP flick.  

11 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Have not. But it makes sense. Even our military now does studies on uppers for the troops. 

They covered Red a lot of ground in that campaign: France, Belgium, Holland-I believe. It would make sense that they were hopped up.

36 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Memphis Belle is the tits.

The question is, how did Private Joker go from the Marine Corps in Vietnam, to bomber pilot in World War II?  They didn't have Deloreans until the 80s...🤔

Hmmm.....

And how did Rascal go from a ball turret gunner in WWII to a treasure-hunting teen in the 1980s?!

955783049_giphy(2).gif.ddb19efd817dadd1a4fe69bb92d30984.gif

15 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

3 of my dogs got bitten by a snake this morning playing in the backyard. 4k for tests, treatment and overnight stay/observation. Anyone know an effective way to snake proof a yard?

Dayum!  Keep the grass cut and the hiding spots limited?  Don't know man.  We have brown recluse spider problem here. We often treat bites from 'em  Snake bites? Gosh I don't know if I've ever seen an animal with one.

**** snakes.  

Archived