stevenaa

Random Thought Thread

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Hate it when a multi-billion dolllar company requires their minimum wage employee to ask me to donate to their charity.

 

 

 

even if they are a non-profit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got letters of requests this week, from the folks we normally give to...V Foundation, Wounded Warriors, ASPCA, and Lifeline Animal Project...they all got a little.

Found out we don't itemize enough to get a tax credit for it. Whatever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Omg, y'all...the new movie Clint Eastwood is producing is going to have partial filming IN MY RESTAURANT PARKING LOT. Tomorrow, Tuesday, and Thursday. 

Holy cow. 

Edit: hope they pay for a fix on our neon sign.?

Edited by skinsmarydu
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Omg, y'all...the new movie Clint Eastwood is producing is going to have partial filming IN MY RESTAURANT PARKING LOT. Tomorrow, Tuesday, and Thursday. 

Holy cow. 

Edit: hope they pay for a fix on our neon sign.?

 

Ask if you can be an extra :headbang:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

 

Ask if you can be an extra :headbang:

I'm going in tomorrow (my day off). I know a guy who was in all the Hunger games movies, I'm sure he'll be there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beach trip was nice, great to hang out with my best friend and his family for a week.  Kids got along great, pretty sure Tazette has a crush on his youngest son (he's a year younger than her).  They were almost inseperable, always sitting together, playing games, sharing deserts.  

 

Got some great clips of my friend wearing his UNC hat (from the lost bet) and raising his beer glass while yelling, "Duke Sucks!" after every round.  Already planning another trip back next year, adding in another good friend of ours from childhood and his family along with his brother (my other best friend) and his son.  Gonna have to rent one of those big ass houses (will be 8 adults and 7 kids),  Hope they got one that big with a pool.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

One more month before the return of football.

 

Feel like I could go another 7, but sure, why not. I love a little torture.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://abc7.com/business/best-buy-to-abandon-cds-entirely-by-summer/3689242/

 

RIP CDs.  

 

Interestingly, vinyl gets two more years.

 

Man, I loved going to buy a cd.  I love having the convenience of my entire music collection on my phone and laptop but there was something great about being able to read liner notes and seeing your collection grow.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, my first post night shift trip to the beach was a blast.  And I gotta stop being hard headed.  Wife says “ want me to put on your sunscreen?”  “Nah babe, I got it.”

 

needless to say, my pasty white ass is medium well now with well done streaks where I missed completely.  

 

Moral: let your wife or significant other put on the sunscreen.  Not to stop the burning, to stop the 8 hours of ridicule and I told you so.  

 

Also, fresh water is weird to swim in and smells weird.  Lol.  

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

http://abc7.com/business/best-buy-to-abandon-cds-entirely-by-summer/3689242/

 

RIP CDs.  

 

Interestingly, vinyl gets two more years.

 

Man, I loved going to buy a cd.  I love having the convenience of my entire music collection on my phone and laptop but there was something great about being able to read liner notes and seeing your collection grow.  

 

I prefer CDs.  That way if I want to convert them digitally and put on my phone I can.  Plus, my vehicle came with a 6 disc CD changer and I have a **** ton of CDs still. 

 

But, it's not like everyone is phasing them out, article said only Best Buy completely and Target will only sell on consignment basis.  But I'm wondering if that only applies to actual brick and mortar stores?  I would think they would still sell them through their online store.

 

Edit:  initially read the Target thing incorrectly.  They won't carry them in stores, but if a customer wants to buy one, they will order directly (i.e. special order), so no inventory on hand.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Is it bad I’m starting to get used to being hungover. 

 

That's a is the cup half full or half empty type question.  Are you taking the preemptive strike before you go to bed after a night of drinking and taking a couple of Advil and drinking a ton of water?   Popping a Vitamin B12 before bed?  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

 

That's a is the cup half full or half empty type question.  Are you taking the preemptive strike before you go to bed after a night of drinking and taking a couple of Advil and drinking a ton of water?   Popping a Vitamin B12 before bed?  

 

 

Nope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Nope. 

Over the years, we have steadily held true to Taze's prescription. How long will you ignore good advice??

Another tip, eat before you start. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Is it bad I’m starting to get used to being hungover. 

 

You should be taking better care of your body instead gutting out poor decisions.  I rarely get hangovers, everyone's body is different, I have a good feel for mine at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

 

I prefer CDs.  That way if I want to convert them digitally and put on my phone I can.  Plus, my vehicle came with a 6 disc CD changer and I have a **** ton of CDs still. 

 

But, it's not like everyone is phasing them out, article said only Best Buy completely and Target will only sell on consignment basis.  But I'm wondering if that only applies to actual brick and mortar stores?  I would think they would still sell them through their online store.

 

Edit:  initially read the Target thing incorrectly.  They won't carry them in stores, but if a customer wants to buy one, they will order directly (i.e. special order), so no inventory on hand.

 

I do to. Mostly from Amazon. If something happens to all the music online, I still have CDs.  My new truck didn’t come with a CD player. I have a small stereo at home that I bought at BJs for $80. Sounds as good as my Onkyo system from back in the 90s.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now