Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Have you listened to the newest one with Brian Cox? He's the guy who does a lot of space documentaries for nat geo and BBC.

Nah man but I'll favorite it to watch later.

Mind bending stuff about particle physics.

I wish I could switch brains with particle physicists who work at the large hadron collider. Their understanding of existence is on a completely different plane than everyone else.

Just finished it, loved it, great recommendation. I was instantly reminded of who Brian Cox is, because I've seen some of the documentaries you eluded to. Talked alot about the Large Hadron Collider and the first moments of the Big Bang. Also want to see his documentary on the Rift Valley in Ethiopia now, where human beings apparently came from.

Says he needs to work out, doesn't work out, complains about being bored and having nothing to do, while having 99 problems and women are all of them.

Hit the deck and do 100 pushups. Break em up in to sets, but reach 100. Take short breaks if you have to. Yeah you can do 2-5 sets of 8 reps with heavy weights to maximize growth, but I find that I'm the fittest when I do body weight exercises up to a high number of reps. Like I'll do 50-100 pullups, that's the goal. I'll knock out 12 reps at a time, down to 3 reps near the end when I'm tired. Just the way I like to do things. Just set some kind of goal and reach it. 500 jumping jacks, run a mile (more when you get in shape), or buy a Richard Simmons VHS tape.

Cue ignoring this.

I started doing burpees instead of pushups and ab work recently. 

Also really into intervals. High intensity of anything for 30 seconds followed by 20 seconds rest then 30 more seconds. Research says I can get a great workout doing this for only 7 minutes. 

I started doing burpees instead of pushups and ab work recently.

Also really into intervals. High intensity of anything for 30 seconds followed by 20 seconds rest then 30 more seconds. Research says I can get a great workout doing this for only 7 minutes.

From time to time I like doing sprints. Like if I want to shred my body asap, I go with a bunch of sprints at full speed. I heard burpees are a great full body workout too. They remind me of those drills in football practice where you're keeping your feet moving, and when the coach moves the ball to one side, you run sideways that direction, then he slaps the football and you do a burpee type of thing. There wasn't a pushup and jump when you did it in football practice though, lol.

I just like reaching big numbers for some reason. Yesterday I threw 1,200 straight punches on the heavy bag. Counted out every one, throwing 'em in sets of 100. Technique high priority and rhythm fast. Works back, shoulder, chest, even outer abs and thighs a little. Plus it's cardio for the day. Best part, I genuinely enjoy it.

Yo Do Itch, how does Roy Nelson stay fat, man? Gotta be hitting up the buffet and pastries like crazy.

You know what irritates me on ES? Someone that feels like they have to write a ****ing novel to get their point across. I mean, I'm following a conversation, then some clown has to write "War and Peace" as a response. I'm getting to the point where, if you write more than a few paragraphs, I'm skipping over your post. I know every once in a while people get long winded as I have occasionally, but not every post. Too much to read.

You know what irritates me on ES? Someone that feels like they have to write a ****ing novel to get their point across. I mean, I'm following a conversation, then some clown has to write "War and Peace" as a response. I'm getting to the point where, if you write more than a few paragraphs, I'm skipping over your post. I know every once in a while people get long winded as I have occasionally, but not every post. Too much to read.

Gettem PJ!!

Applied for and got accepted to a Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa card today. The only reason I even applied for it... Metal credit card. That thing is official. Baller status fellas.

So you hate Larry?

tl;dr

Short version:  write concisely.

52830547.jpg

There are only a few people that do that consistently. I skip right past most of their drivel also.

I always read about how CM Punk is the man on the mic. It's baffling to me. They say watch his "pipe bomb" on RAW, and to me he's like a normal dude. Stone Cold would do his protests while sitting on a chair and drinking beer in the ring, refusing to leave. That character was all sorts of win. Getting beers tossed to him in the ring, pouring them all over his head and face, lol. That was extremely inspirational to the college kids of the day.

Archived