Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Nah I'm fine. Not really too into them anymore. Still enjoy some songs though.

Tell him I hope he's enjoying his time off!

---------- Post added July-12th-2011 at 11:34 PM ----------

Not only that, but their bass player is a drug addict accused of robbing a pharmacy of Oxy before a show

Busted!

~Bang

That's quite a shame. I knew he had problems a couple years ago but he cleaned himself up for quite a while, seems like a relapse.

Too bad.

And you can. I'm not any pillar of strength,, just a guy trying to swim in the currents that life drops me in just like you. So swim, bro. You're still thrashing in that tar pit.. I can hear it in a lot of your posts. If there is one thing I've learned and that this past weekend once agsain drove home.. you can only control your own path. So focus on it. Be a good dad, but forget the ex. She won't help you. Only hold you back.

~J

I am, actually. Slowly but surely. I'm actually going out with a really nice girl (finally!!!) and starting to make those first few baby steps toward getting my life back. And, though issues like father's rights will always be important to me, I can say, legitimately, that my past IS my past. I saw my ex a few weeks ago, and had no feelings at all...positive or negative. And I think that's the healthiest place I can be in, as far as she's concerned.

You know me. My hot-button issues will always get a rise out of me. But I hope you've noticed, or will, that I'm not blaming her for things anymore, or sitting back and feeling sorry for myself. It's taken me very nearly 4 years, but I have moved on with my life, and it feels great.

(It also feels great to be seeing a girl 13-years my junior. The ol' man's still got it.) ;)

He is. I just helped him score Paki girls at a hookah bar tonight. He is a very happy man.

He says he misses you all : sad face.

Haha. Who was the comedian that told a joke about how all our old enemies are now mostly allies, and there always gonna be one of your buds who only bangs pakistani chicks now.. Haha, that's BLTO. Hes starting it!

Wonderful!

I am very happy for you, truly. I know what you've been thru, we've had some private discussions, and I know how hard it is.

I'm VERY proud, if i may use thqat word. i know it's been very hard for you and getting beyond has been difficult. I absolutely know when the person you believe is your greatest ally turns out to be the opposite, it creates a lot of soul searching, a lot of self doubt, a lot of self wondering and self blame, warranted or not.

I'm smiling from ear to ear, Jason.

Life beckons. Enjoy it, and I know you understand there is more to defining you than that.

****ING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~John

Wonderful!

I am very happy for you, truly. I know what you've been thru, we've had some private discussions, and I know how hard it is.

I'm VERY proud, if i may use thqat word. i know it's been very hard for you and getting beyond has been difficult. I absolutely know when the person you believe is your greatest ally turns out to be the opposite, it creates a lot of soul searching, a lot of self doubt, a lot of self wondering and self blame, warranted or not.

I'm smiling from ear to ear, Jason.

Life beckons. Enjoy it, and I know you understand there is more to defining you than that.

****ING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~John

I hope you know how grateful I am for your support throughout. Your patience, encouragement, and planting that tiny little seed of hope during some DAMNED dark days will never be forgotten. So if I haven't said it before, thank you. Thank you very, very much.

I'm almost to the point of feeling grateful for the challenges of the last few years. I've learned so much, and grown so much, and made so many good friends as a result, that I see the bad experience as a necessary means to an end. I'm a better person. I love HH, flaws and all. I respect myself enough not to settle. And I like the feeling of being able to help my friends, instead of being the one asking for help all the time. Pay it forward right? It feels so good to be able to use my experiences to help others.

I realize it's not over. I think if you ever stop trying to improve yourself and your situation, you inherently slip backwards. And there will be times that my wheels get stuck again. But when they do, I can look back and say honestly, "I've been through worse. I can handle this."

Thanks again, John. You're a damn-fine man, and it's an honor to call you my friend.

Kickers upset the Sporting KC last night 2-0 in the quarterfinals of the US Open Cup. First team to ever beat KC in Livestrong Sporting Park. A streak of 10+ maches undefeated including 10 MLS teams.

Kickers are two wins away from bringing the most prestigous trophy in the US soccer back to Richmond.:)

Whoa Richmond has a MLS team?

No, that's why KC fans are rioting. Our soccer team is one level under MLS but it beats MLS teams all the time.(We could go MLS if it weren't for financial issues). KC had beaten over 10 MLS teams at the new stadium and never loss a game there until last night. The fans are livid. Our Richmond team is equal to a MLS team but just can't financially make the switch yet. We'd need to improve our stadium,etc. Plus DC United might get mad.

Richmond has won the Open Cup before. They took down like 4 MLS teams to win it over 10 years ago. We're the only lower leverl team to ever win the cup during the MLS era. Honestly KC fans shouldn't be embarrassed. We could hang and beat basically any MLS team with the players/coaches we have. We're almost always at the top of division

Soundgarden last night :beavisnbutthead:

Finally got my computer fixed (for free; thank you IT guy at the company my dad works for :) ).

Net via Wii=not fun.

May have to get a new one soon though.

Slow at work today...too bad there's nothing on ESPN3 to watch. World Cup

---------- Post added July-13th-2011 at 10:14 AM ----------

I need to get the Howard Stern work schedule

He worked 6 days in July :)

Where can I get a job like that?

True enough...with his money :ols:

I didn't find out until recently that Clapton did the solo on "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." Badass.

Archived