Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

So last night I saw TWO house centipedes in the basement. They are the grossest things ever. I can handle spiders and beetles and silverfish and ****roaches (though those two are really gross),but these things freak me out to no end.

My favorite are the blind spider/cricket combination things that hop around basements.

Freaks almost every girl I know out to no end, and I find it hilarious. My dog used to chase them around and then they'd jump at him and he'd run away :ols:

Anyone else use Office 2010?? I use copy/paste shortcuts (ctrl c & cntrl v) and for some reason when I'm in Outlook ctrl v automatically pastes a screenshot instead of the text I've copied. Do I need to change the settings somewhere so that the copied text is the default??

So last night I saw TWO house centipedes in the basement. They are the grossest things ever. I can handle spiders and beetles and silverfish and ****roaches (though those two are really gross),but these things freak me out to no end.

HATE these ****ers. When I see one - death via ammonia.

My favorite are the blind spider/cricket combination things that hop around basements.

Freaks almost every girl I know out to no end, and I find it hilarious. My dog used to chase them around and then they'd jump at him and he'd run away :ols:

You mean camel crickets? I think that's what they're called. Brownish and usually about the size of a quarter?

I hated those things. They didn't creep me out, they were just annoying.

I'm also pretty sure that I have a 6th Sense or some kind of superpower, where I can walk into a room and spot a bug or small animal almost immediately, no matter what random corner or spot on the ceiling it's on. It's really rare that I get caught off-guard.

The worst was when I came home the other night, went into my kitchen to get a drink, and looked up and immediately saw about a 4 or 5 inch long gecko inside my light. Those things are absolute hell to catch with how fast and squirmy they are.

Why do packages of Ramen Noodles insert the flavor packet on the wrong side?

If they put it on the sie that has the seam, you can easily tear the package and get ito ut.

But it's not, it's on the other side, thereby insuring that you will either drop it in the boiling water, or spill dozens of noodle pieces all over trying to get it out.

Anyway, so now you know whatI had for lunch.

~Bang

What, were you watching Animal Planet earlier or something?

Eh, it depends.

That's a big deal down here in South Florida, where the python population is skyrocketing from their (obviously illegal) introduction into the Everglades a few years ago. The pythons don't have anything close to natural predators, outside of maybe larger alligators.

I've seen and read about local stories of pythons found partially killed and sometimes eaten by alligators, and I've also seen and read about local stories that talk about the opposite case. The problem pythons have though, is that their stomachs have a very tough time digesting alligators due to their scales, especially if its a bigger gator.

A python could kill and eat an alligator, but doing so could cause its own death shortly afterwards.

It was a story on msn yesterday.:) And yeah, the python came out victorious (sort of). The video shows the burmese python swallowing the 8 foot alligator whole (amazing, I know). Anyway, at the end of the video, it shows where the python had died (basically exploded), and you could see the alligator inside.

Truly mesmorizing stuff. I never would have guessed a python could swallow an 8 foot alligator whole like that. Like you stated, I figured the scales would do him in. However, I think they said the python exploded, not from the scales, but from the heat outside or something.

You would think an alligator would be way too quick for a python, and could eat him up real quick. Not the case.

---------- Post added July-11th-2011 at 06:59 PM ----------

I hate heartburn.

One word: Prilosec.

You mean camel crickets? I think that's what they're called. Brownish and usually about the size of a quarter?

I hated those things. They didn't creep me out, they were just annoying.

I'm also pretty sure that I have a 6th Sense or some kind of superpower, where I can walk into a room and spot a bug or small animal almost immediately, no matter what random corner or spot on the ceiling it's on. It's really rare that I get caught off-guard.

The worst was when I came home the other night, went into my kitchen to get a drink, and looked up and immediately saw about a 4 or 5 inch long gecko inside my light. Those things are absolute hell to catch with how fast and squirmy they are.

Yeah, that's them. They're blind but must have a really good sense of hearing/be able to sense movement like flies do or something.

They crack me up, I'm so used to them because we've always had them in our basements but they scare the **** out of every female I've ever met.

One snuck up on me in the shower the other day. Drowned his ass...after screaming like a 6 year old girl.
:ols:

---------- Post added July-11th-2011 at 07:03 PM ----------

Hope Solo sounds like a munchkin

On another site I was on yesterday, guys were actually saying they thought this chic was hot. Am I missing something here?

---------- Post added July-11th-2011 at 07:04 PM ----------

I have a buddy that keeps telling me how hot she is.

Nope she has a serious man jaw.

Pretty eyes though.

LOL I should have kept reading. THANK YOU. She's so manly, its not even funny.

Eh, it helps but it doesn't completely fix it. I have a really bad stomach and I'm on Nexium for it (which is crazy expensive) and I do use Prilosec occasionally but I usually have to resort to popping Tums on the regular. I'm gonna end up like the old dude in Ocean's 11

That sucks. You probably should go see a doctor if you haven't already. I mean, I have heartburn problems myself. But I'm a little older than you. You're pretty young to be having that big of an issue with it, imo.

---------- Post added July-11th-2011 at 07:41 PM ----------

Hope Solo is hot!

:puke:

---------- Post added July-11th-2011 at 07:42 PM ----------

you know this time of year sucks when wnba scores are on the front page of espn.com.

Wtf

fail

That's ALWAYS a bad sign. Hopefully, not to sound cold or anything, but hopefully it's just an unattended or something. :(

sure taking awhile ,and the suits keep showing up

one uniform has changed and bagged his gloves three times....odd

That sucks. You probably should go see a doctor if you haven't already. I mean, I have heartburn problems myself. But I'm a little older than you. You're pretty young to be having that big of an issue with it, imo.

Yeah been there, done that. Even had an endoscopy. Doc can't figure out what it is.

Archived