Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Girlfriend and her boys just left to go back home after 10 days here. I miss them already. :(

Sounds like you had a good time though... That's what counts!

And Ren is right... You definitely outkicked your coverage. Well done, sir. :ols:

Relationship question:

I've been with my new boyfriend almost every hour of the past 3 weeks. I'm really good friends with all of his friends, and was so before we started dating, but I still feel like I'm kinda over staying my welcome when I'm at their house 4 days a week. I don't want to be that girl that is there all the time so then I'll suggest leaving....except when I do leave, he wants to come be at my place. And I don't want them to think I'm that girl that's stealing him away cause I honestly wouldn't care if he wanted some more alone time with his friends...but I'm obviously not upset he wants to be with me.

Am I worrying about this too much? Should I just let him deal with his friends on his own and not say anything or should I encourage him to spend more time with them, without me? Blah, over thinking, but I've really never been in a relationship like this before. It's weird to me.

I learned today that a friend of mine's daughter was raped.

Mother ****er had BETTER go to bed tonight thanking his Maker that I value my freedom as much as I do.

I heard that. One of my dearest friends was raped years ago. I swear...if I ever find that SOB, he's a dead man.

I heard that. One of my dearest friends was raped years ago. I swear...if I ever find that SOB, he's a dead man.

I hope you find that piece of **** but at the same time I want your hands clean and your freedom with your loved ones. :(

Changing the subject, guys, today I heard a part of U.S. is suffering a heat wave, down here we suffered something like that for nearly 3 weeks back in may.

I live in Mexico city and with 89 F I nearly want to shoot myself, I saw Boston was 82 F at 11 am, is that true?????

Damn, that was insane.

Now the heat wave is gone we have electric storms every single day (is that time of the year) and I can swear that never never I have experienced storms like this, the floods have most part of this country on red light. Disaster zone.

Am I worrying about this too much? Should I just let him deal with his friends on his own and not say anything or should I encourage him to spend more time with them, without me? Blah, over thinking, but I've really never been in a relationship like this before. It's weird to me.

Worrying too much.

Be careful, though. Usually, from my experience, relationships that start like that fall off FAST. I'd curb the time spent with him a bit... But then again, if you really enjoy it and feel its working, then go for that, too. But the spending time with friends thing is his problem.

Worrying too much.

Be careful, though. Usually, from my experience, relationships that start like that fall off FAST. I'd curb the time spent with him a bit... But then again, if you really enjoy it and feel its working, then go for that, too. But the spending time with friends thing is his problem.

Yeah I know. And I've always given my friends **** for being in relationships like this, but I dunno we just really get along well and have a lot of things/friends in common so we're with the same group of people a lot. Who knows, he's leaving at the end of the summer anyway so just tryin to enjoy the amount of time we've got :) Plus he's out drinkin tonight and I am sitting at home on ES haha

One of my best friends asked his gf if she wanted to move in with him in September when he was getting his own place. He told me that she was pretty hesitant and from what he gathered, it was essentially a no. So he asked me if he should be worried. My response: "Well I have one way to test this out. I will ask her to move to Dallas (they live in Houston) and move in with me. If she says no, then that's a good sign. But if she says yes, then...well I'm sorry that's not good."

He replied with "You are joking right?" :ols: Now I kinda want to ask her just to make things awkward. Because I love awkward situations. :ols:

I contemplated a visit to his house. I know who he is, and I can find out where he lives. But as much as I hate the heat, I enjoy walking outside for more than an hour a day, and not being fenced in.

Yeah I know. And I've always given my friends **** for being in relationships like this, but I dunno we just really get along well and have a lot of things/friends in common so we're with the same group of people a lot. Who knows, he's leaving at the end of the summer anyway so just tryin to enjoy the amount of time we've got :) Plus he's out drinkin tonight and I am sitting at home on ES haha

If it feels right, go with it.

If he doesn't feel cramped and you feel comfortable, what is the problem?

And vice versa, of course.

Enjoy yourself.

I'm a bit weird, according to everyone I know.. my wife and I are together practically 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week. We both work from home, so we're both here all the time.

A lot of folks i know think their 10 hours away every day is needed.. me, I don't even think about it. I like my wife. Obviously love her, but I like her too. There is a difference. We have a good time. And that makes it very easy.

Corny as it sounds, she's my best friend, too. We're not clingy, or "that" couple, as you worry over.. we just enjoy each other's company.

No reason you can't do the same.

~Bang

How far away do they live from you? Is this the same lady from a couple months ago? If so you better lock her up. You done outdid yourself ;)

She lives outside of Reno. About 8 hours away. I'm pretty much dirt poor these days so visiting is tough. She's picked up all the slack though and that is way cool. Yep. Same one from a couple of month ago. More on that in a moment. And yep,I certainly did outdo myself. :)

Sounds like you had a good time though... That's what counts!

And Ren is right... You definitely outkicked your coverage. Well done, sir. :ols:

We did at that. Her oldest gave me the shake and hug on the way out. And yes I did Dawg. Coverage is still looking for the ball. ;)

As for the lady. We served together in the Air Force for a couple of years. 23 years later courtesy of Facebook,we met again. :)

h_h. Sorry dude. That has to be tough. Hopefully the scumbag gets justice served on him.

I'm a bit weird, according to everyone I know.. my wife and I are together practically 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week. We both work from home, so we're both here all the time.

A lot of folks i know think their 10 hours away every day is needed.. me, I don't even think about it. I like my wife. Obviously love her, but I like her too. There is a difference. We have a good time. And that makes it very easy.

Corny as it sounds, she's my best friend, too. We're not clingy, or "that" couple, as you worry over.. we just enjoy each other's company.

No reason you can't do the same.

I'm happy for you, brother. Just a touch envious, but happy. And I fully understand the love/like difference. I still love my ex. She still loves me. But we sure don't like each other much. I sincerely hope that I can find someone at some point in my life, with whom I can have the relationship you describe. You must feel very blessed.

Kinda gives me hope too. I know your life hasn't been a cakewalk by any means. But I admire a man who has come through what you have, and is able to pick himself up, dust himself off, and create a well-deserved great life for himself and his bride. Well done, and God bless your family, always. (I know, I know. But if I believe, it can't hurt, right?) :)

h_h. Sorry dude. That has to be tough. Hopefully the scumbag gets justice served on him.

Thanks, buddy. And from your lips to God's ears.

I'm happy for you, brother. Just a touch envious, but happy. And I fully understand the love/like difference. I still love my ex. She still loves me. But we sure don't like each other much. I sincerely hope that I can find someone at some point in my life, with whom I can have the relationship you describe. You must feel very blessed.

Kinda gives me hope too. I know your life hasn't been a cakewalk by any means. But I admire a man who has come through what you have, and is able to pick himself up, dust himself off, and create a well-deserved great life for himself and his bride. Well done, and God bless your family, always. (I know, I know. But if I believe, it can't hurt, right?) :)

Thanks, buddy. And from your lips to God's ears.

You can do it HH. You've got a great outloook.

But, if I may sound cruel, bear with me. You gotta get by her. It's hard.

This weekend my former stepson got married. Pretty much everyone in his entire life was there,, but me.

No invite, not even a mention of it when he was here for a few minutes a couple weeks ago.

Wounds remain, and occasionally things like this bring it up.

I was that boy's dad for 15 years, and not so much as an acknowledgement. My son (his half brother) was in the wedding, so it's not like I didn't know, but the complete lack of even telling me about it hurt.

But life goes on, and if this is the way it's to be, then that is the way it is. Got to harden that heart in some directions and focus on others. The past is gone, and part of mine has been erased in the minds of everyone I gave it to for 15 years.

The point is that life can be cruel. But you've got mor to live for than that. Move, or be stuck in a tar pit to slowly sink.

Fact: they won't help you. You have to do it.

And you can. I'm not any pillar of strength,, just a guy trying to swim in the currents that life drops me in just like you. So swim, bro. You're still thrashing in that tar pit.. I can hear it in a lot of your posts. If there is one thing I've learned and that this past weekend once agsain drove home.. you can only control your own path. So focus on it. Be a good dad, but forget the ex. She won't help you. Only hold you back.

~J

Archived