Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WORST movie ever

Larry

elephant

directed by gus van sant, but the movie is all improvised by teeangers who aren't actors and have no acting experience whatsoever. story sucks (based on columbine) and there are just really long scenes with one camera where absolutely nothing happens

i really can't stand this movie but my friends try to be all artsy and indie and say how much they love it

OH GOD--that was like watching a bad video game cinematic play out.

It was terrible and so were the GD stupid names. My gf at the time, well she wasnt enthusiastic about it, but she wanted to see it. I had a bad BAD feelin' bout it and it was confirmed.

What's worse is that all of it not only took place in Canada but involved that feared Canadian intelligence service! :laugh:

The worst part for me was the anticipation of seeing "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" type fight sequences, and EVEN they sucked. :laugh:

elephant

directed by gus van sant, but the movie is all improvised by teeangers who aren't actors and have no acting experience whatsoever. story sucks (based on columbine) and there are just really long scenes with one camera where absolutely nothing happens

i really can't stand this movie but my friends try to be all artsy and indie and say how much they love it

and can you believe that **** won the Palme d'Or?

I agree that movie was terrible, and I've never liked a Gus Van Sant movie, but thid one of his worst that I've seen(and believe me I only watch his movies when forced to). However, if you ever get a chance to see Gerry, don't take it. I think that one's even worse. It's got as much nothing happening, and it takes place in the desert.

Battlefield Earth- like i said in the thread a few months ago: I think a 10 yr old directed this movie and I think he did a ****ty job.

Don't even know where to start. I'll just ask how cavemen can use a flight-simulator and learn to fly harrier jets :doh:

Starship Troopers gets my vote.

There are bad movies that are at least fun to watch at the time, like Six String Samurai or Roadhouse. My friends and I turned Plan 9 into a drinking game and had a blast watching it.

Starship Troopers is tripe. Paul Vorhoeven admits he hated the novel, which is a classic by one of the masters of sci-fi, and turned it into a joke, burying the book's message about responsibilty and a youth finding within themselves what they truely believe in beneath nazi-like uniforms, facist rhetoric, bad acting, over-the-top gore, and giant farting beetles.

Starship Troopers gets my vote.

There are bad movies that are at least fun to watch at the time, like Six String Samurai or Roadhouse. My friends and I turned Plan 9 into a drinking game and had a blast watching it.

Starship Troopers is tripe. Paul Vorhoeven admits he hated the novel, which is a classic by one of the masters of sci-fi, and turned it into a joke, burying the book's message about responsibilty and a youth finding within themselves what they truely believe in beneath nazi-like uniforms, facist rhetoric, bad acting, over-the-top gore, and giant farting beetles.

I actually, grudgingly liked that movie. I thought they made a lot of good decisions in that one.

I expected a bunch of CGI fight scenes with powered combat armor, as though people thought that was the most important part of the story.

Instead, they pretty much abandoned that entire aspect of the book, and left most of the character things (which were the important parts of the story) in place.

I still don't think it was as good as the book, but the filmmaker is limited as to things he can put in a film.

I expected "stink", but what I feel I got was "Great book, better than average movie".

The Blair Witch project.....what a bogus piece of work that was, gee i'll just walk around the woods making stupid noises and film with shakey camera

work. :doh:

I could never watch it again, because I know the truth about it.

But on opening weekend when this was released it was a very good scarey movie in a packed theater.

Archived