Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar must have SOMETHING to say....980 today @ 4, part deux......

NastyBoy

So Lavar admits that he hasn't asked the coaches what the deal is, but has no problem going on the radio and whining his butt off. What in the hell is that about?

Cause he's a idiot... But we're idiots for giving him so much dam money. Hopefully things will get worked out.

You know...the coaching staff does not OWE anyone an explanation. Gibbs and Williams have told Lavar and the media that Lavar is not the starter and that is why Holdman is playing over him. That's all they have to do folks!

It amazes me how quickly people change their tune. For years (and I mean several) people on this board and in this area (before this board existed) were sick and tired of the "players-first" mentality that this organization seemed to have. Especially since Snyder took over, people complained that veteran players held more clout with the owner than the staff did...well, not anymore.

Are we happy? Nope...we feel Lavar is entitled to playing time since he says so.

Amazing...just flat-out, straight-up amazing.

Gregg Williams, Dale Lindsey, and Joe Gibbs...I'm behind you! Keep pulling the strings that you're pulling because I don't remember the last time I've believed in a Redskin team or philosophy as strongly as I do this season!!

Cmon Bubba. We all know that Lavar is capable of Causing havoc for the opposing offense. We can't let this soap opera make us forget the things he has done for this team. The Carolina game, the career ending hit on Aikman, the sack and fumble recovery in the endzone in Darrell Greens last game as a Redskins against the Cowturds. The guy is a playmaker and he has shown he is capable of being discplined under Lewis.

All I can say is that if Lavar does get on the field I would not want to be a QB, RB or WR.

"We all know that Lavar is capable of"

NEWSFLASH SO DO THE COACHES, SO IF THEY AREN'T PLAYING HIM THAT SHOULD FREAKING TELL EVERYONE SOMETHING, SHOULDN'T IT!

LaVAr is not learning the system, is not studying the plays, doesn't know his assignments... wants to rely on his abilty... problem is for every great play he makes, he makes three or four bad plays, that can hurt the defense. When you read players talking about the defense, they all talk about, knowing where the other guys are, depending on them to make the play, or be were they are supposed to be....How many times has Lavar gotten beat on reverses, and screen passes? other teams knows this stuff and game plan for his aggressive tendencies....... Remember when he did his "LaVar Leap" and whiffed on the rb?

Williams wants to LaVar to play... but he wants him to know the plays, and can trust him to play within the scheme.

You must think you're funny? :notworthy

I'm not claiming to know more then the coaching staff.

Yes. Yes you are.

If the coaching staff thought Lavar was better than Holdman in this system, he would be playing.

What part of that do you not understand? :rolleyes:

Sure. You're right. But the message it sends is that although you consider him average......he plays the scheme better than Lavar, and that makes him more valuable to the defense.

If I were Lavar, I'd get that message loud and clear and fall in line.

The fact that he's coming on the airwaves claiming he's up to par and has no idea why he's not playing only confirms the fact that he feels he doesn't need to change in order to contribute.

The scheme? I hope the scheme allows the OLB to tackle more than two times a game. I hope the scheme allows to OLB when it calls for a blitz to actually put a pressure on the QB. I hope the scheme allows the OLB, after the DE makes a move in the back field and makes the runner go inside, to tackle this guy or God forbid shed the block and tackle this guy. Because if the scheme doesn't allow for all that then you are right. Lavar is not up to "par" as Holdman is.

If anyone isn't handling this the right way, I'm sorry but it's LA. Calling the coaches out, albeit indirectly, on the air citing how he's "totally confused" about why he's not playing is calling out the coaching staff publicly. I can't imagine GW and JG, or ANY coaching staff would take very kindly to that if you think about it.

I disagree here. The coaches should have been honest with him and the media from the beginning. At this point I think they need to Keyshawn him, it is clear they do not want to play him and after this why would you want to now. They relationship is over and they need to end it.

One thing I have noticed by this staff is if you are injured it doesn't gaurantee your spot, which I am not to sure is the right way of going about it but that is my opinion.

The scheme? I hope the scheme allows the OLB to tackle more than two times a game. I hope the scheme allows to OLB when it calls for a blitz to actually put a pressure on the QB. I hope the scheme allows the OLB, after the DE makes a move in the back field and makes the runner go inside, to tackle this guy or God forbid shed the block and tackle this guy. Because if the scheme doesn't allow for all that then you are right. Lavar is not up to "par" as Holdman is.

Have you ever stopped to consider that Holdman's mediocre play is less detrimental to the defense than Lavar's freelancing and not understanding the defense?

NEWSFLASH SO DO THE COACHES, SO IF THEY AREN'T PLAYING HIM THAT SHOULD FREAKING TELL EVERYONE SOMETHING, SHOULDN'T IT!

LaVAr is not learning the system, is not studying the plays, doesn't know his assignments... wants to rely on his abilty... problem is for every great play he makes, he makes three or four bad plays, that can hurt the defense. When you read players talking about the defense, they all talk about, knowing where the other guys are, depending on them to make the play, or be were they are supposed to be....How many times has Lavar gotten beat on reverses, and screen passes? other teams knows this stuff and game plan for his aggressive tendencies....... Remember when he did his "LaVar Leap" and whiffed on the rb?

Williams wants to LaVar to play... but he wants him to know the plays, and can trust him to play within the scheme.

There is no evidence Lavar is not learning the system

There is no evidence that Lavar is making bad plays and hurting this defense

There is no evidence that Lavar has gotten beat on reverses or screens in this defense

There is no evidence that his replacement is playing better or capable of playing better than him

I disagree here. The coaches should have been honest with him and the media from the beginning. At this point I think they need to Keyshawn him, it is clear they do not want to play him and after this why would you want to now. They relationship is over and they need to end it.

One thing I have noticed by this staff is if you are injured it doesn't gaurantee your spot, which I am not to sure is the right way of going about it but that is my opinion.

how do you know they haven't been.

Gibbs doesn't lie. period.

and how many times since his comeback, we have seen people accusing him of not telling the truth, or making a bad decision... only to realize later he was 100% correct

Call

me delusional

All you want, df. Trust me, it doesn't make you look stupid. :paranoid:

;)

And what impact has Holdman made on those rankings? Up until this week, he had a whopping 5 tackles. How many sacks does he have? Where does the team rate in turnovers caused and where do they rank in total sacks?

I'll save you the trouble of finding the links, because we are at the bottom of the league in all those categories.

But it's the way it's done...there is no "right" way or "wrong" way. Gibbs hasn't changed since his first tenure here...so this shouldn't shock anyone.

I completely agree. That's why I'll reserve my judgment... because any fool can see that Warrick Holdman did not have an acceptable game on Sunday.

I haven't read all the other posts, but i have read some where people are saying "what's that all about, Lavar hasn't asked why he's not playing? that doesn't make sense" or "Lavar played well last year, why not now?"

There are so many things in this situation that don't add up. We won't know the true story for a long, long time.

There is no evidence Lavar is not learning the system

There is no evidence that Lavar is making bad plays and hurting this defense

There is no evidence that Lavar has gotten beat on reverses or screens in this defense

There is no evidence that his replacement is playing better or capable of playing better than him

Sure there is, he's not playing. That's all I need to see.

They don't have to PROVE anything to you or the media or justify their actions. They are judged based on how the team performs so they'll play the guys that give the Redskins the best opportunity to succeed.

Some of you need to accept the fact that Lavar isn't the same player he was in 2003. If he was he would be on the field playing. He was injured off and on all last year. He had a torn meniscus and a bad bone bruise which hadn't fully healed until a cpl months ago. He missed the off-season and all of training camp.

Lavar was always a player who could rely on his athletic ability to make plays and was known to miss asignments. Well the injury has changed all of that, he can't rely on his ablility anymore, if he wants to be productive again he has to learn the system 100%.

I've posted these before but they keep getting drowned out...

Dale Lindsey after the Dallas game:

"LaVar needs more work [in practice]," Lindsey said. "On top of that, he has to feel confident that his knee is OK and that he understands what the [defensive] system asks him to do and then can go out and do that to the best of his ability, and we have to feel the same way about him."

Lindsey before the Chicago game:

"LaVar still has big-play potential, " linebackers coach Dale Lindsey said, "and that's very evident when he's in there. He can do some things that other people can't do, but we're still waiting on him to get back into football shape, to get the feel for the game back, and get the confidence in his knee. We'll bring him back in slowly, but as much as he can handle and we still function well as a team."

"Just because you've done it before, and then you take a year off, doesn't mean you can do it again. There's a rhythm and a feel for the game you have to get back. Your body's got to get used to the contact. Most of the time when guys have knee surgery, they have to get confidence back in that leg. It's a lot tougher process than people think."

Lavar himself before the Chicago game:

"In years past, I would have been jacked up for this first game, so jacked up to get on the field for the Pittsburgh [preseason] game or so jacked up to get back on the practice field and know that I can move well enough to make plays," said Arrington, who figures to play extensively in a regular-season game for the first time in 51 weeks in Sunday's opener against Chicago. "It's not like that anymore. "

"I've slowed everything down," Arrington said. "I slowed how I view things. I slowed how I react to things. Not just in football, but in life. I used to create something in my mind and make myself go 100 miles an hour towards whatever that was."

Until he can learn to be productive in Gregg's system without his above average physical ability he's gonna sit on the bench. He better figure it out soon and prove to the coaches that he can be productive or he'll be traded and take a big pay cut.

You are assuming that the coachs were not honest with him just based on Lavar's side of the story. The coach's don't air their laundry out in public so unfortunately for us we won't know the whole story, but I seriously doubt that Lavar has been lied to, or the coaches were not being honest with him.

"NEWSFLASH" I don't need a newsflash. To each his own. Only your wrong and I'm right. :D This is no different than us screaming for Brunell's head last year or Ramsey's head this year. So Bubba, if your the opposing team do you fear Holdman or LA? With all of the media outlets at our disposal now some of us fans to have a touch of knowledge when it comes to the game.

Yes. Yes you are.

If the coaching staff thought Lavar was better than Holdman in this system, he would be playing.

What part of that do you not understand? :rolleyes:

Honestly? I think this goes deeper then any of us will ever know.

He was fine in the "System" last year before he got hurt. And he looked fine in the "System" in the preseason this year.

My point is that the coaching staff had no problem "FULLY" explaining the QB switch. Now they just blame it on packages not being called and not subing as much this week. Those are just lame explainations.

Put him in. Show us he can't play in the "System" then I'll shut up.

Archived