Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar must have SOMETHING to say....980 today @ 4, part deux......

NastyBoy

John Thompson saying he was proud of how Lavar is handling this......

Get it, A PAST HEAD COACH telling a player it is OK go on the radio and create controversy and whine about playing time.

I HATE JOHN THOMPSON. He is a hack that talks to hear himself talk. A hall of fame coach does not beget a hall of fame radio personality...

So if Lavar didnt do any interviews his benching would have gone unnoticed by the media and they would not have asked any questions? And if they responded to those questions with something that you truly believe is not the truth you should just stay silent and not defend yourself? This isnt really a matter of questioning the coaching staff. If they want to sit Lavar and think that's best for the team then by all means, we're 3-1 and they know what they're doing but coaches are good at coaching not public relations and they have handled this whole situation very poorly. If you want to blame Lavar for not being good enough to start go ahead but this whole debacle in the media is not his fault.

Which Atlanta game is he talking about?

The one from 2004?

And yeah, I am still in the corner that the coaches gotta find some way to get him on the field. Too much talent and money on the bench, but really there has to be somehow someway to get him on the field

I refuse to believe a coaching staff this talented and successful can't find a way to get him on the field

I love all the guys who want Williams to stick around. He's got a smoke and mirrors defense and he was a loser in Buffalo. You can have him. Lavar is a bunch of things, but at the very least the guy can rush the passer. Wait till Trent Green unloads on us.

OK thanks...how many winning seasons has Lavar led us to? Yeah, thought so.

Just so you can get your cutdowns straight, "smoke and mirrors" implies that the coach is getting more than he should out of players so it's a compliment.

Keep 'em coming though...

I love all the guys who want Williams to stick around. He's got a smoke and mirrors defense and he was a loser in Buffalo. You can have him. Lavar is a bunch of things, but at the very least the guy can rush the passer. Wait till Trent Green unloads on us.

He wasn't a loser because of his Defense..he was a loser because he had no Offense.

So if Lavar didnt do any interviews his benching would have gone unnoticed by the media and they would not have asked any questions? And if they responded to those questions with something that you truly believe is not the truth you should just stay silent and not defend yourself? This isnt really a matter of questioning the coaching staff. If they want to sit Lavar and think that's best for the team then by all means, we're 3-1 and they know what they're doing but coaches are good at coaching not public relations and they have handled this whole situation very poorly. If you want to blame Lavar for not being good enough to start go ahead but this whole debacle in the media is not his fault.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

OK thanks...how many winning seasons has Lavar led us to? Yeah, thought so.

Just so you can get your cutdowns straight, "smoke and mirrors" implies that the coach is getting more than he should out of players so it's a compliment.

Keep 'em coming though...

How many winning season has Greg Williams led us to?

Please. The Skins defense has never been better here during Lavar's career than it has under Greg Williams.

I want 56 to play and crack some skulls as much as anybody else, but man oh man, this interview has really exposed some unfortunate things about him.

Gang.......for those of you blaming GW on this one, you couldn't be more dead wrong. GW is the reason our defense is such a force WITHOUT LA.

Do you honestly expect the coaching staff to come right out and give the entire truth to the reasoning behind not playing LA? Why would they? What other coaching staff lays all their cards on the table like that? None I know of. Stop taking it so personally. If they think he's not a system player, they're not going to say that, reducing any value they have in him for a trade. Be smart and see the forest through the trees.

Personally, I find it admirable that the coaching staff is willing to stick by their own convictions and do what they feel is best for the team as a whole.

You say LA is a great pass rusher. Ok, maybe so. But if he doesn't rush the passer within the scheme of the defense, running wildly toward the ball, vacating his area of responsibility, what good is that? What should GW scheme to cover that area of the field so that LA can just rush the passer on every single down? Makes no sense.

After hearing this interview I feel sorry for Lavar.....I trust the coaches but just let the man now why he isn't playing. At least he didn't come on the radio and talk wreckless.

I'm still pulling for him to get back in the lineup...I do know this if he gets in on special teams the next person he hits may have there career ended!

I just listened to the interview and this is what I take from it.

I really think he doesn't understand what happened. That he is tired of talking about it. Wants a straight up answer of why he's not playing.

I think that after all the years he has been here he deserves a straight up explanation for not playing. I also agree with him that how could he prove he's worth playing if he isn't given a chance.

Not playing him is not justified. He can't be that bad that he doesn't deserve some playing time. We all know what he can do.

Archived