Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar must have SOMETHING to say....980 today @ 4, part deux......

NastyBoy

Seems like a fair point. All in all, I think Lavar's handling this pretty well. I give the coaches the benefit of the doubt, but I do think their public reasons seem pretty fishy.

The only reason the coaches are forced to give public reasons, is because LA himself is choosing to keep this in public forum by coming on shows just like this one.

If anyone isn't handling this the right way, I'm sorry but it's LA. Calling the coaches out, albeit indirectly, on the air citing how he's "totally confused" about why he's not playing is calling out the coaching staff publicly. I can't imagine GW and JG, or ANY coaching staff would take very kindly to that if you think about it.

What bothers me about all this is that we may very well lose Gregg Williams and Lavar Arrington after this season. Good luck Lavar, I wish things had turned out different.

That thought has crossed my mind on more than one occasion. I would than be seriously pissed at Williams and wish him Norv type success as a head coach again.

I hate the fact that the media is using this great player for their own gain and ratings. Regardless of what the situation is with Lavar, it was not going to be solved doing this interview. In fact this just makes the team situation worse, damages Arrington in the eyes of the coaches, and creates more controversy for fans to deal with.

John Thompson can go suck eggs. If anyone follows me in tailgate you know my disdain for the media. Well this is a good example of what I can not stand about media. CREATING headlines where none exist.

Arrington is a player. Period. I we do not want him to play, he does not play. What else do we need to hear??

The only reason the coaches are forced to give public reasons, is because LA himself is choosing to keep this in public forum by coming on shows just like this one.

If anyone isn't handling this the right way, I'm sorry but it's LA. Calling the coaches out, albeit indirectly, on the air citing how he's "totally confused" about why he's not playing is calling out the coaching staff publicly. I can't imagine GW and JG, or ANY coaching staff would take very kindly to that if you think about it.

I agree.

Are you kidding? Lavar is a former #2 pick, 3-time pro bowler, do you think the media wouldn't have been all over this if Lavar wasn't doing the show he has always been scheduled to do? He pretty much handled this diplomatically till this week. He has kept his frustration in check, and its finally all out in the open, after having to suit up on Sunday, and then not even playing a down.

Are you kidding? Lavar is a former #2 pick, 3-time pro bowler, do you think the media wouldn't have been all over this if Lavar wasn't doing the show he has always been scheduled to do? He pretty much handled this diplomatically till this week. He has kept his frustration in check, and its finally all out in the open, after having to suit up on Sunday, and then not even playing a down.

That's what he's SUPPOSED to do. Just because he was a great player in college and has had success in the NFL doesn't mean that he can air his dirty laundry publicly.

He should be keeping this internal just like Gibbs and Williams are.

Funny also that LA contests that he does not approach the coaches to petition for playing time, yet he's very willing to come on this show and say how willing he is to do anything he can to get some playing time.

Doesn't this seem like a back-assward way of approaching the situation? If he showed some heart to the coaching staff DIRECTLY, wouldn't that show contrition and a willingness to conform to them like a man, face to face instead of through the media?

You know things have declined irreparably when this type of dialog is taking place through a local sports show and not behind closed doors at Redskin Park.

The media is totally twisting this.

Lavar is kind of giggling and talking about how the last time he did play he forced a fumble, had a sack, etc etc...

he doesnt get it. you know G Williams is probably listening to this shaking his head.

I'm sure Joe is happy about this to. Lavar has to stop these interviews now or the pity party is going to end before he knows it.

Oh, sh!t he just called out Williams or Gibbs by saying someone sitting in a chair out there knows why he's not playing and they need to do something about it. Say what you want but this is going to start to become a distraction to the team.

Funny also that LA contests that he does not approach the coaches to petition for playing time, yet he's very willing to come on this show and say how willing he is to do anything he can to get some playing time.

Doesn't this seem like a back-assward way of approaching the situation? If he showed some heart to the coaching staff DIRECTLY, wouldn't that show contrition and a willingness to conform to them like a man, face to face instead of through the media?

You know things have declined irreparably when this type of dialog is taking place through a local sports show and not behind closed doors at Redskin Park.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Thank you....if he's so humble and willing to do what it takes, he should be in the coaches' ears about wanting to be a holder/long-snapper/fullback...anything to get on the field!

The problem is, and it's not entirely his fault, he's never been in that situation. Some lesser-gifted athletes have had to be scrappy like that, but Lavar has always had a position for himself because of his athletic ability.

You nailed it!

Archived