Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Own3d Thread.(Keep it clean)

unsonny

When i used to do cartoons (and to a lesser degree with the Bang Radio Hour podcast) by far the biggest complaints i'd get were people calling me names for doing exaggerated voice characterizations. (Fact is every voice i do i've heard before, mostly people I know.
well, i give you.. uh this feller.

You can't exaggerate it. Reality is always the best place to find the funny.

~Dang

• Like 4

Tobias Funke is a fictional character from Arrested Development. His wife knew all about him.

He's a therapist of sorts, and an analyst, so he combined the two on his door to read Tobias Funke, Analrapist.
I am not sure if i remember correctly, but the fallout from that led him to try to join the Blue Man group.

~Bang

5 hours ago, Bang said:

When i used to do cartoons (and to a lesser degree with the Bang Radio Hour podcast) by far the biggest complaints i'd get were people calling me names for doing exaggerated voice characterizations. (Fact is every voice i do i've heard before, mostly people I know.
well, i give you.. uh this feller.

You can't exaggerate it. Reality is always the best place to find the funny.

~Dang

I kid you not, that is our local affiliate in Lexington, and I remember watching that report live. Laurel county is about and hour's drive from us, and an hour and a half from Lexington. My wife and I burst out laughing atbthe rediculousness of the whole thing. Believe me, the majority of people in Kentucky facepalm crap like this...but...there's just enough still around that ALWAYS wind up being interviewed for the news!

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
  • Like 1

I've always listened to voices, accents, local colloquialisms..,,, i've always been a mimic. (thank you Mel Blanc)

That guy was perfect..  genuine through and through, and some of his phrasing just kills me. "they was a screamin' an' a-squallin'.".  oh man, I love it.

~Bang

• Like 1

Y'all should meet my neighbor Tony..  some of the worst emails i ever got from the cartoons were people calling me racist because i patterned a character after Tony..   he's a shade-tree mechanic, damn good with a car.. but hell if he knows what to call what he needs. He takes more liberties with the English  language than anyone i ever met. Cracks me up talking with him.  I have gone to the junkyard with him to help him rip a part and listened to him tell the desk man he needs "a froomalater"

(He needed a carburetor)

He'd say "It needa have a nickalitta to go up 'roun' the back way"..  meaning god only knows.. but chances are if it went "up around the back way", it was a hose or a belt.

Tony has also shown up at my door with two pieces of bread and asked me if i had anything he could put between it.  Nowadays he shows up with a soda bottle he's cut in half and asks me to fill it with ice, (" an' lemme git a Coke if you got one." I brought him a diet pepsi.. "Izzat a coke? Do it taste like coke?" When  i told him it was cola, just about the same, he gave me the squint-eye. Now he just asks for a soda,, but he's slick, he waits to see what we unload from the grocery store.

I've known Tony for almost 30 years now.

hell of a chess player. 

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1

i will not deny laughing like hell at Sam Dick's name, and the sheriff's accent, and wondering whether or not the chicken farmer had a hard time understanding the non-accented reporter 

Course, anyone who knows me for any length of time knows I will not miss a name like "sam dick" and it will make me laugh like a 7th grade kid every time.

Anybody remember The Mullettes? Skeeter and Duane would love to have a beer with this guy,

~Bang

When i was in grad school ...two of the most important minds in International Trade Theory were Dr. Head and Dr. Dick.  

and they collaborated on journal articles.   a lot.

at the same time my wife worked for a guy named Long Yang.     and HIS boss' name was Dick Johnson

scouts honor

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

When i was in grad school ...two of the most important minds in International Trade Theory were Dr. Head and Dr. Dick.  

and they collaborated on journal articles.   a lot.

at the same time my wife worked for a guy named Long Yang.     and HIS boss' name was Dick Johnson

scouts honor

I had a principal in school named Mr. Dick, and his wife's name was Anita.  No ****.

• Like 2