Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Remember when we thought Washington was good? by Eric Marmon,NBC Sports Philadelphia

Dancing Bear

20 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Got it, thanks, a great football mind what more can you say.

Next week, 26-3 skins over the aints.  We are going to be dominant this year, just look at how well we did shutting down Aron ****ing Rodgers.

Rodgers with a bummed knee..

17 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I see your limply gimpy Rodgers and raise you a Redskins with a bummed coach and bummed owner.

Gruden is not a bum nor is our owner.. Rodgers had a bummed knee and it helped..and if ya think we're gonna hold Drew to 3 ur nuts..

We're pretty good and the Eagles don't have their magic from last season.  It'll be a competitive fight for the division.

It also feels like we need to win the division to get to the playoffs because the NFC North is a lot more competitive than expected and the NFC South will probably send at least two teams.  And Seattle is always a threat.

His commentary is designed to agitate.  Obviously, he is worried that the winning ways of the Redskins are near.  He is afraid to feel that bile in his stomach starts to churn every time the Eagles face the Skins. His voice is loud like a bad rap song through cheap speakers.  Don't pay any attention to it.  This franchise has worked hard through every adversity... though sometimes self-imposed.  Unfortunately, we, the fan, feel the pain greatest.

He hates the Redskins; don't hate the Eagles or you'll be just like him.

3 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Didn't Rodgers beat the Bears on that same bum knee??

In the second half     at home    against a divsional rival...wait..ohhhh I get it..our defense deserves alot of credit for sure..I was extremely impressed and happy with the win and the way we got it regardless of his conditions..he wouldn't have beat us with out a bummed knee..that says alot about our corners...

On 10/3/2018 at 10:42 AM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ohh right. Some reason i was thinking Philly lost back to back Super Bowls Against Panthers and patriots in the early 2000s. 

Point still valid though, they were in the super bowl twice in the past 20 years, which NickyJ stated that the top franchises should do, so that would still make the eagles one of the top franchises :P 

You realize that it is literally impossible for them to go to the SB against the Panthers, right?

1 minute ago, Taylor 36 said:

You realize that it is literally impossible for them to go to the SB against the Panthers, right?

Oh right. NFC. Not sure why i had Philly in my mind about that having been the super bowl matchup ? I’ll chalk that up to it being before 10 AM when i posted that ??‍♂️

Washington has been the assumed bad team of the NFC East for the last 20+ years.  When they aren't bad, it surprises most reporters.  They often try to resist the temptation to put them in the conversation of the good teams.  That's fine, I don't blame them, this franchise pretty much deserves the bad press it gets.

However I will say that making grandiose statements on a team based on games in September is a fool's errand.  Claiming Washington is bad or piling on about it is just lazy low hanging fruit.  Chances are yeah this team will likely be at or around .500 when the season is over.  Maybe they won't be, but the odds are that is where they will be, about the same as they have been for the last three seasons.  So most reporters are just getting a head start on what is usually the inevitable.

Right now, they are 2-1 with a showdown against the Saints on MNF.  After that game they will be 3-1 or 2-2, neither of which is a horrible start to the season, although one of those records definitely looks much better aesthetically. 

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

Washington has been the assumed bad team of the NFC East for the last 20+ years.  When they aren't bad, it surprises most reporters.  They often try to resist the temptation to put them in the conversation of the good teams.  That's fine, I don't blame them, this franchise pretty much deserves the bad press it gets.

Good post - I wanted to hone in on one opinion that I completely share. 

Reporters from other markets or national reporters have to "cover" 32 teams. Teams like the Browns or Redskins have traditionally allowed those reporters to pencil them in for last place and focus more of their attention on the better teams or teams who might more realistically rise up to compete. Sure, once every five years they'll be wrong and we'll go 9-7. Oh well, that just buys them four more years of throwing us fourth and being pretty on-the-money. 

Hopefully the past 2-3 years is actually changing that, but I don't blame anyone for not trusting this "trend" yet. 

On 10/3/2018 at 2:17 AM, Peregrine said:

Yes, wrong things can be disputed.

Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Packers, Colts, Broncos, Saints, Giants, Panthers, Seahawks to name a few.

Explain how the bolded have been more successful over the past two decades. Giants have missed the postseason more than they've made it under Eli. SB wins aren't the be all and end all. Especially considering the first one was because of a fluke play. Seattle? They've lost more SB's than they've won. Carolina? 12 years between SB appearances. The 7-9 Saints, sans 2009, have been very dissapointing. Especially considering they have a hof QB. Ravens have missed the postseason more often than not too. But it's debatable. Colts can be debated.

I factor in division titles, attendance & popularity, playoff appearances.

I am not 100% convinced the Monday night game is going to tell us a lot about the trajectory of the Skins this year.   Chances are they lose and then win 3 straight.  It is more about their identity which I believe they are still trying to figure out.

Still believe Drew Bree's is going to light up our secondary. The only way he can't is if our D line puts him on his ass a few times and stuffs their RB early and often.  

Can the Offense respond? Not in a shootout they can't.  Not with this QB.    So this is going to boil down to the D in this game IMO.

Hopefully Monday is this year's Raiders game.  Going into that game, the census was that the Raiders were on their way to a great season and the 'Skins would be their usual 8-8ish team. It was supposed to be a coming out party for the Raiders offense.

Well that game flipped in a hurry.

The big difference is that this game is in the dome which is huge for the Saints offense.

On 10/4/2018 at 10:11 PM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Remember when folks said “what if the Colts are actually good?”

About that, it’s confirmed that they are not good.

Watching them play on Thursday had me shaking my head as to how we could let them manhandle us they way they did.  Its why I have zero confidence in the team, home opener after an away win and you let a bad team own you.  That game baffles me and its why I have no clue what we are, but we're gonna find out real soon.

5 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

What's that have to do with them being a good team?

Sure, not explained well. 

I look at that game against them as all on the offense. Defense actually played well but got worn down since our offense couldn't move the ball.

I haven't seen our OL play that poorly ever, and I think that was on their DL being pretty decent as evidenced by the 17 sacks on the season. Smith didn't have any time to do anything, our RBs didn't have any space, so we lost that game because one of our strengths got manhandled.

Archived