Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

I agree. There should be more to be considered. Ironically, this is when I start to question why he has a list of women saying he never raped them. Who the heck has that list in their back pocket to whip out? I think only someone who expects these types of charges would. While I supose "my people" could get 60 people to say I never assaulted them, ut wpuld be quicker for them to just say go ask any 60 people...no need for a list. 

It's a denial that makes one look guilty. Still not enough, but it does remind me of a 90's song, 

Edited by gbear
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

The Democrat gave it to the FBI to look into. I find that to be what should've happened right away. 

And how did it become public?

27 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I can totally understand why she wouldn't come forward.  And I don't think an allegation has to be proven to a level of criminal conviction for it to be considered by the Senate.  But without any other corroborating evidence to go on, I don't see how the Senate can consider it.  There's gotta be something more than an anonymous allegation.

This is where I am. And I believe this is where the senate is. And they all know that. 

So they released it to the public for political purposes, supposedly against the wishes of the person in the letter (if I understand correctly)

I don’t know if he did it and I’m not a supporter of his. How people apply different standards for accusations and evidence is interesting to watch though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I don’t know. Apparently Dems are pissed at her for withholding this information for so long.

Releasing this to the public with absolutely nothing to back it up is pretty pathetic. I’m not surprised the dems are mad she didn’t do it sooner. It fits perfectly. 

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

Releasing this to the public with absolutely nothing to back it up is pretty pathetic. I’m not surprised the dems are mad she didn’t do it sooner. It fits perfectly. 

You and TWA and the rest need to get on the same page. First the Dem senator doesn’t release it or do anything with it. Then, after apparent pressure, she gives it to the appropriate people to look into it. 

Somehow y’all are mad about that. It’s comical. Y’all would have complained if she had immediately sent it to the FBI in July as well. 

The FBI will look into it and if the woman who wrote the letter wants anything further to happen story wise, she will need to step forward to tell her story. Otherwise this is nothing.

I’m cool with sending it the fbi

public release with no evidence to back it up is pathetic. The motive is obvious. Pretend you don’t see it, it’s fine. 

I hope the dems sabotage it after how the gop treated garland so keep on with pretending you have a clue what I think about anything. You’re really good at it, super smart dude. 

22 minutes ago, tshile said:

I’m cool with sending it the fbi

public release with no evidence to back it up is pathetic. The motive is obvious. Pretend you don’t see it, it’s fine. 

I hope the dems sabotage it after how the gop treated garland so keep on with pretending you have a clue what I think about anything. You’re really good at it, super smart dude. 

So who actually released this to the public? I don't think it was Feinstein.  

As I said earlier, if this was released by her with the intent to derail, she did it completely wrong. 

Edited by Hersh

10 hours ago, Hersh said:

You and TWA and the rest need to get on the same page. First the Dem senator doesn’t release it or do anything with it. Then, after apparent pressure, she gives it to the appropriate people to look into it. 

Why do they have to be on the same page?  Can't they have different opinions and viewpoints?

Why didn't Feinstein ask any questions about it during the hearings?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Why do they have to be on the same page?  Can't they have different opinions and viewpoints?

Why didn't Feinstein ask any questions about it during the hearings?

They were both complaining about the Dems for seemingly opposing reasons. Can’t have that by the GOP

I actually kind of dislike this coming out in this fashion.  Its a huge distraction from all the other issues Brett has.

If it can be substantisted, good, and Brett should get tossed.

But if it can't, it paints Brett as the victim and all his other bad conduct will in part or in whole get swept under the rug.

• Like 3

Ford said she told no one of the incident in any detail until 2012, when she was in couples therapy with her husband. The therapist’s notes, portions of which were provided by Ford and reviewed by The Washington Post, do not mention Kavanaugh’s name but say she reported that she was attacked by students “from an elitist boys’ school” who went on to become “highly respected and high-ranking members of society in Washington.” The notes say four boys were involved, a discrepancy Ford says was an error on the therapist’s part. Ford said there were four boys at the party but only two in the room.  

In an interview, her husband, Russell Ford, said that in the 2012 sessions, she recounted being trapped in a room with two drunken boys, one of whom pinned her to a bed, molested her and prevented her from screaming. He said he recalled that his wife used Kavanaugh’s last name and voiced concern that Kavanaugh — then a federal judge — might one day be nominated to the Supreme Court.

Edited by Cooked Crack
  • Like 1

Here's my advice whenever something like this sexual misconduct allegation comes out in the world of politics.... don't offer your opinion of whether it's credible or not until you actually know. If two people are arguing and just happen to take the side of their political party, one of you is going to look like a real asshole when more information comes out.

• Like 1