Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Michael Cohen/Trump SDNY Investigation Thread

No Excuses

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

It has finally happened to me. Shock fatigue. These ****ers have normalized the outrageous.  It's a Scandal-a-Day world now.  Any one of those scandals, say, 8 or 10 years ago, would have shocked the American conscience but today produces half-hearted protests and a yawn.. 

My capacity for outrage has morphed into a general overriding disgust.at these people. 

Read Max Boot's piece from just this morning:

Here are the political norms that Trump violated in just the past week

Remember that old adage that a frog will jump out of a boiling pot but won’t notice if the temperature is slowly raised until it’s boiled alive? It turns out that it just isn’t true. In fact, frogs will hop out when the temperature turns uncomfortable. Which suggests that we may not be as smart as slimy green amphibians. President Trump is throwing one democratic norm after another into a big pot and rapidly raising the heat, and we’re too busy watching the royal wedding to notice. Just look at all of the significant norms he has transgressed in the past week:

Revealing intelligence sources.

Politically motivated prosecutions.

Mixing private and government business.

Foreign interference in U.S. elections.

Undermining the First Amendment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/global-opinions/wp/2018/05/21/here-are-the-political-norms-that-trump-violated-in-just-the-past-week/?utm_term=.dc724892d876

3 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:
Not really surprised. This is a party that supported a man accused of child molestation. Cohen is a saint compared to that.

It's a criminal enterprise that is deathly afraid of our judicial system. Hence the full blown assault against people they appointed to the DoJ.

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Not really surprised. This is a party that supported a man accused of child molestation. Cohen is a saint compared to that.

I'm surprised. I don't think there is a chance in Hell he still has that job without his Trump association. Is he still Trump's lawyer?

2 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

DARPA funded research on recovering evidence from shredded document several years ago. 

The feds are scary mofos.

I saw them do that in season 1 of Better Call Saul and thought it was unrealistic. 

We have a a government contract at work and it requires us to have a cross shredder. It basically turns paper into dust. Seems like a wise investment if you are involved in mountains of illegal activity 

39 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I saw them do that in season 1 of Better Call Saul and thought it was unrealistic. 

We have a a government contract at work and it requires us to have a cross shredder. It basically turns paper into dust. Seems like a wise investment if you are involved in mountains of illegal activity 

Cohen didn't upgrade, still has one of the strip shredders.

Even I have a crosscut shredder.

Avenatti withdraws motion to represent Stormy Daniels in Cohen case

Michael Avenatti has withdrawn his request to represent adult-film star Stormy Daniels in the case centered on the FBI raid of President Trump’s attorney Michael Cohen. 

Shortly after a conference hearing Wednesday in a federal district court in Manhattan, Avenatti withdrew his request to weigh in on the case. 

Cohen is reportedly being investigated, among other things, for the $130,000 he paid Daniels ahead of the 2016 presidential election to keep quiet about the affair she says she had with Trump. 

Avenatti reportedly faced tough questions during the hearing from federal District Judge Kimba Wood, who told him in court on Wednesday he would have to stop his “publicity tour” if he wanted to participate in the case.

Cohen’s attorneys fought hard to keep Avenatti from joining the case, arguing in court filings that he’s has created a “carnival atmosphere” by making public statements and doing national TV appearances in which he’s shared nonpublic information and made misrepresentations about Cohen.  

Earlier this month, Avenatti released bank records leaked to him that showed several companies had paid Cohen through a shell company for consulting services. 

Wood reprimanded Avenatti in court, according to multiple media reports.

"You cannot declare your opinion as to Mr. Cohen's guilt, which you did. You would not be able to give publicity to documents," Wood said, according to the New York Daily News. 

"You're entitled to publicity. I can't stop you — unless you're participating in a matter before me."

Click on the link for the full article

Archived