Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

3 hours ago, bobandweave said:

So I’m speaking to the owner or the GM now? I don’t pretend to know what they are going to do, I just post what makes the most sense to do. 

well I try to keep my predictions somewhere between what is likely and what I hope for. 

51 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I heard a segment from 106.7 where they mentioned Craig Hoffman interviewed Jay Gruden and Gruden said something to the effect of they have had  contract talks with Zach Brown and it looks like Brown wants to test the market in FA. 

I take from that Brown doesn't like the Redskins offer.

Allen is known to low offer players contracts.  The only one he didn't was one who had multiple concussions in college and the NFF plays TE for us.  Go figure.

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Allen is known to low offer players contracts.  The only one he didn't was one who had multiple concussions in college and the NFF plays TE for us.  Go figure.

Yep.

Chris Russell liked

Just talked with Jay Gruden. Nothing super notable. They’ve had discussions with Zach Brown, but it seems he wants to test the market.

3 replies5 retweets2 likes

11 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Would love to see us sign Jeremy Hill in free agency. Maybe then we’d get our running game going finally. 

The explosiveness he showed the second half of his rookie year is gone for some reason. Maybe he just had fresh legs then and was never very explosive, idk. Whatever it is, he has looked horrible the last couple years and been outplayed even as an interior power runner by Gio Bernard...who is not an interior power runner. Their OL isn't great so they all have similar efficiency (or lack thereof) running behind it over a larger sample size but he did not pass the eye test in comparison to Gio or Mixon, behind the same OL. 

He wouldn't be a bad body for cheap but for me, RB is not a position where I think it's cost-effective to spend money on a known mediocre or slightly better player. I don't think Hill gives us anything we aren't already getting on a rookie contract from Perine. Better to look for someone who hasn't had a ton of carries yet and hope to catch lightning in a bottle. Preferably by using mid-late round draft picks to keep the position stocked year to year. 

Why do I feel like Jerrick Mckinnon would be perfect here? Am I wrong? 

He’s practically begging for a larger role, and any time he’s been the featured back in Minny I believe he’s done well. 

But that’s totally based off fantasy football knowledge. :ols: 

5 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

He’s practically begging for a larger role, and any time he’s been the featured back in Minny I believe he’s done well. 

I actually agree. He and Thompson could keep each other fresh, playing essentially the same role (though creative coaching could find ways to get them both into a few plays), with Perine mixed in as the power back.

On 1/1/2018 at 12:54 PM, Wildbunny said:

Unlikely to the least.

With Dunbar locked, we'll let Bash hit FA and he'll sign elsewhere for some kind of big money in Dallas or anywhere else. But I doubt we really make a hard push on him.

Yea it doesn't seem wise to sign Breeland, when you've invested some high picks on Moreau and Fuller, whose proven his worth last year.. I say draft a kid late and or invest in another young safety..

6 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

I just looked up his score on PFF, 84.6, big time, and 82 as a receiver.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000909725/article/mckinnon-ready-to-be-the-guy-as-free-agency-awaits

The running back, who had his best year as a pro this past season, is ready to be a bell cow. With Latavius Murray still under contract and budding star Dalvin Cook (who began jogging Monday, per the team's website) expected to make a full recovery from an ACL injury, McKinnon spoke like a man Monday who sees the writing on the wall when it comes to his future in the Vikings' backfield.

"I want to be the guy," McKinnon, who's set to be a free agent this offseason, told reporters, via ESPN. "I don't put in all the work in the offseason to come back and be in this role. I appreciate the role. It worked out well, but I want bigger and better things for myself."

While it might be easy for some in purple to justify McKinnon's likely departure, given the way Cook looked prior to his injury and the way Murray ran as a change-of-pace back, McKinnon's spark in Minnesota's offense shouldn't be understated.

He had career-highs in rushing yards (570), total touchdowns (five), receiving yards (421) and catches (51). He was one of the few Vikes to find success in the NFC Championship Game, leading the team in rushing and receiving yards.

Change is coming for a Vikings team that fell just one game short of the Super Bowl. Their offensive coordinator is off to New York. The quarterback situation still needs to be figured out. Now it appears one of their top playmakers in 2017 will be on a new squad when the season kicks off in the fall.

7 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

Dude, great minds. I was literally watching cut-ups all day of McKinnon yesterday.... reminds me of Le'veon Bell. This dude can run, catch, and block.... and take it to the house..

38 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I wanna sign Cousins, and Samamy Watkins to be our WR2 and Amendola to take over for Grant...Draft DLINE in round 1 and take a RB thats got agility and can catch the ball and run in round 2. Thats all i want....

You want Amendola, who I believe is a slot guy as our primary backup to all WR positions, which is what Grant's primary role is

Zach Brown wants north of 10 mil per year.

I would love nothing more than to sign him and draft Roquan Smith... that's the best middle of the defense since Wilbur Marshall and Collins and them were here.

Doesn't look like it's in the cards.  For me you have to keep either Kirk or Brown (I'd prefer Brown between the two)... sucks.

Hopefully we keep him on a short leash or we meet halfway or something.  He changed the whole defense. 

If Spaight is anywhere near the starting line-up next year we may as well simulate the season.

9 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

I'd love to get him and Rashad Penny with CT.  That's a massive upgrade that can move the ball and help just about any rookie or proverbial back-up getting a chance to start.

It's not impossible that he gets that much as free agency is crazy.  I just don't see how you go from having to take a deal for under 3M for one season to signing a LTD at 10M APY the next.  Dude is awesome at stopping the run and has elite sideline to sideline speed.  But he's shown to be a liability in coverage and not necessarily a general of a defense.  If I can see that as a novice fan, I'd imagine true talent evaluators see it to and aren't about to lock up 10M a season for an ILB that's not awesome in most every duty of the position.

33 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It's not impossible that he gets that much as free agency is crazy.  I just don't see how you go from having to take a deal for under 3M for one season to signing a LTD at 10M APY the next.  Dude is awesome at stopping the run and has elite sideline to sideline speed.  But he's shown to be a liability in coverage and not necessarily a general of a defense.  If I can see that as a novice fan, I'd imagine true talent evaluators see it to and aren't about to lock up 10M a season for an ILB that's not awesome in most every duty of the position.

The bigger worry to me is that Jay says we need two of the three back in Foster, Compton, and Brown.

That tells you where this is going. 

It is absolutely essential to upgrade that position at this point.

I personaly feel like the lack of talk on a possible resigning of Brown-Foster duo is more concerning than the QB talk. They looked amazing early in the season before Mason Foster went down. What I’ve seen from them is by far the best ILB play since the switch to 3-4. Not saying any of them is a  London Fletcher material, but they complement each other soooo well. One of them hits the gap, the other one makes the tackle. Simple as that. I feel like they can both be locked up for under 15m APY for both. 

Archived