Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

4 hours ago, carex said:

he's playing in a 4-3 so we don't know how he'd have done for us

How much of the time lol I kid but seriously no defense stays in 3-4 or 4-3 all the time. Still hurt that they got him for only a 6th round pick

2 hours ago, fordranger76 said:

I remember a lot of us were wanting that one big time guy on the line last year. I was a Hankins guy. I understand why they signed the guys they did for the potential upside but I do not understand why they did not give an immediate out in the contracts. McClain should be cut this year but they hamstrung themselves with a cap hit. I still like McGee as rotational depth but they should be getting a new lineman this year. This may be the year they get Poe or Logan believe it or not.

That would make me very happy ? 

3 hours ago, fordranger76 said:

I remember a lot of us were wanting that one big time guy on the line last year. I was a Hankins guy. I understand why they signed the guys they did for the potential upside but I do not understand why they did not give an immediate out in the contracts. McClain should be cut this year but they hamstrung themselves with a cap hit. I still like McGee as rotational depth but they should be getting a new lineman this year. This may be the year they get Poe or Logan believe it or not.

the Skins can make him one of the designated June 1st cuts and not have to big a cap hit

I won't get into Cousins...

But resign Brown and if we Sign Poe.... that changes what I'd do in the draft.

If we sign Poe I am drafting Fitzpatrick as a FS.

I'd Resign Murphy on a prove it deal. I'd also sign another Bills ILB in Preston Brown...

I check how the market for Breeland plays out but not willing to go overboard with him.

If we can nab Michel with our 2nd pick, then I looking at a WR in FA as well. Obviously like Landry a lot. I think a year three Doctson and Landry on the outside with Crowder back in the slot could do a lot of damage. Especially with a miraculously healthy Reed and hopefully RBs out of the backfield like Thompson and Michel

2 hours ago, Skins199021 said:

I won't get into Cousins...

But resign Brown and if we Sign Poe.... that changes what I'd do in the draft.

I'd Resign Murphy on a prove it deal. I'd also sign another Bills ILB in Preston Brown...

I check how the market for Breeland plays out but not willing to go overboard with him.

If we can nab Michel with our 2nd pick, then I looking at a WR in FA as well. Obviously like Landry a lot. I think a year three Doctson and Landry on the outside with Crowder back in the slot could do a lot of damage. Especially with a miraculously healthy Reed and hopefully RBs out of the backfield like Thompson and Michel

First of all, I want to apologize... the comment about trolling the other day was (in large part) due to a post I thought you had written, but I had gotten you mixed up with someone else.  My bad man.  

If we don't bring back Cousins, I've mentioned the idea of not being heavy players in FA... but there are a few guys I'd make exceptions for - Poe is one, along with Logan and a top guard.  I hate the idea of losing Cousins, but if we were to beef up both lines in the process, it would be a big step in the right direction.  We might squander the talents of guys we have while we search for a qb, but as a Plan B, I'd be pretty happy with that.  

I really liked what what we saw from Nicholson at FS, but Fitzpatrick gives you the flexibility of playing S or corner, which would be a big plus, while also paying dividends down the road whether or not Nicholson can play for us.  

I'm not as high on Michel as others, but he'd be an upgrade and gives us our first 3 down back since Portis.  

I'd guess Landry signs before the draft, but who knows.  

If if we were able to land a DT/NT and G in FA, another position I'd really like to see added is a TE.  Fumagalli, Schultz or Hurst in the 3rd/4th would make me happy.  QB would a major issue, as would receiver, but at least we'd likely have a much improved defense and run game.  

3 hours ago, Skins199021 said:

If we have a chance to draft Fitzpatrick, we should do that regardless. A FS who can cover and play the whole field is such a rarity, and such a valuable commodity, to get an elite talent to hold that spot for the next decade would be a slam-dunk.

11 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

If we have a chance to draft Fitzpatrick, we should do that regardless. A FS who can cover and play the whole field is such a rarity, and such a valuable commodity, to get an elite talent to hold that spot for the next decade would be a slam-dunk.

Absolutely and he can play multiple positions back there in case of injury but that guy will be long gone before 13 unless he does awful in the combine right?

Wait a second...Jonathan Allen should have been gone when we picked last year and he fell. Maybe we get lucky twice

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

Ironically, my impression is that if we re-sign Cousins, we won’t really be able to afford Landry.  

If we resign cousin's we might be able to get him at around 18m cap hit for 2018.

HTTR 

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Chances are we extend Crowder, re-sign Grant, then draft a receiver. 

No receiver in the 1st round for me. Especially if no cousin's. NT and ILB with our 1st 2 picks.

HTTR 

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/35387/zach-brown-among-redskins-non-kirk-cousins-free-agent-decisions

LB Zach Brown: The Redskins want him back and already have had discussions. But they’re not yet willing to meet Brown’s price tag – and there seems to be a decent gap. Keep in mind Brown had a strong season in 2016 and had to settle for a one-year deal for $2.3 million last offseason. Of the top 10 paid inside linebackers last season, seven average at least $7 million per year. If that’s what Brown wants, it’s real hard to see him getting that in Washington. He’s a good player with flaws whom the Redskins would like to keep – at the right price.

DL Phil Taylor: He’ll be coming off a torn ACL, and he hasn’t played since 2014. But the Redskins liked what they saw in training camp. It’s easy to see him being re-signed, just to see how he recovers. After missing so much time, Taylor must be viewed as a bonus. Regardless, they’ll continue to look for another interior pass rusher.

LB Mason Foster: The Redskins really liked how Foster played – at the end of 2016 and even while hurt in ’17. He can play either inside spot, thanks to his ability to handle play-calling duties as well. Losing him impacted the defense. He has been a bit underappreciated during his career, but he can help Washington when healthy.

LB Will Compton: They’ve had talks about a possible return, but the question would be: in what role? It’s hard to imagine Compton returning if Foster and Brown do, knowing he wouldn’t be competing for a starting job. Injuries slowed Compton at the end of ’16 and for much of ’17.

LB Junior Galette: They’d like to keep him around, but Galette wasn’t happy with his snaps this season. It’s hard to imagine a whole lot changing for him, barring injuries to others. He applied good pressure in the second half of the season, but game-changing plays would have helped his cause for a big deal.

LB Trent Murphy: The Redskins really want to keep him, knowing they need as many good pass-rushers as they can get. Murphy recorded nine sacks in 2016 before missing all of last season with a torn ACL. That will limit his price.

C Spencer Long: The Redskins appear ready to move on from him, thanks in part to how well rookie Chase Roullier played as Long’s replacement this season. Yes, Long can play left guard, but still the Redskins want to find ... a left guard. In other words: they don’t anticipate Long’s return. The two sides had negotiated in 2017, but no deal was reached. Barring a change in thinking, it appears he'll be elsewhere.

18 hours ago, markmills67 said:

If we resign cousin's we might be able to get him at around 18m cap hit for 2018.

Maybe so, and it depends on if we re-sign Brown and others as well.  I’d think that Landry and Kirk (with an inflated cap number if you reduce it to 18 the 1st year), plus our re-signs next year (Scherff, Smith, etc.) would be untenable, but I don’t really know (and I’m not willing to do the research and math at this point, lol).  

HTTR 

No receiver in the 1st round for me. Especially if no cousin's. NT and ILB with our 1st 2 picks.

HTTR 

NT, DT, ILB, G, RB, C and safety are what I’m looking at in the early rounds.  Still think adding a TE in rds 3-4 could be a good value for us, but my hunch is that the FO won’t see it this way.  

I’m thinking we might look at corner and receiver from the 3rd and on.  

Speaking of corner, I’ve said before that I think Manusky is gonna want another talent there.  Losing Breeland is a bit of a blow, and so far, Moreau and Holsey are somewhat unknowns.  

Although I am leery of re-signing Taylor, he’d be an interesting plan B if we don’t wind up 1) signing Poe/Logan or 2) drafting a DT/NT.  

On 18/01/2018 at 1:40 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

LB Zach Brown: The Redskins want him back and already have had discussions. But they’re not yet willing to meet Brown’s price tag – and there seems to be a decent gap. Keep in mind Brown had a strong season in 2016 and had to settle for a one-year deal for $2.3 million last offseason. Of the top 10 paid inside linebackers last season, seven average at least $7 million per year. If that’s what Brown wants, it’s real hard to see him getting that in Washington. He’s a good player with flaws whom the Redskins would like to keep – at the right price.

Bruce is gonna Kirk him, I believe.

Let's tag him!

I like Brown and want to keep him, but I do feel we overrate him as an overall player because of how bad that position has been since London left.  I don't see how what he did here really changes his situation any from a free agency perspective.  He was a sure tackler that can make up ground and stop the run before he got here.  Yet we ended up with him for under 3M late in free agency.  I can't see his deal exceeding 6M per season.  I think he's the first guy the team resigns.    

Archived