Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

32 minutes ago, CaptainChaos47 said:

If everyone wants to think the front office is crap and everything from here on out is failure then why follow the team? Just say it's a failure and move on.. I've met guys in the stands.. We were down by 20 and all you did was cry.. Then we came back and won and you still weren't happy..  Move on bro we don't need you

going forward who knows what is possible but the FO of this organization has gained the disdain they receive by their own hand. respect and trust must be earned, especially when the blind allegiance of the faithful has been let down and exploited for so very long. you've heard the old expression "once bitten twice shy"....what about 15 times bitten?

every single Skins fan has the right to deal with the ineptitude however they see fit.

2 hours ago, CaptainChaos47 said:

...  Move on bro we don't need you

Really sad to see these these kinds of posts.  

Frankly, there are a lot of ES folks who post things I don't agree with, that I find misrepresenting of the real situation, or maybe said things that were poorly thought out, etc., etc.  Then

... I try to remember there's still some freedom of opinion we have in this country, and try to just roll with it.  

But regardless of difference of opinions, I tend feel that even those who I disagree with, are still offering a more honest expression of their true feelings than anything I'd get from any public record or presser involving Bruce Allen.  

So, maybe CaptainChaos47's remarks above are more appropriately directed to Bruce Allen than to some fan who is having problems with how Allen runs the franchise.

I've seen enough of Allen to have a hint on his nature and on his type of executive style, and I can safely conclude how much of this Redskins dysfunction tracks back to him and his personality.  Allen may work hard, but considering his approach, I'm amazed he's still in control.

For now, he's got an iron grip, but maybe one day, his teflon-like ability to evade blame for his actions will wear out.  One can only hope!

2 hours ago, Wyvern said:

Really sad to see these these kinds of posts.  

Frankly, there are a lot of ES folks who post things I don't agree with, that I find misrepresenting of the real situation, or maybe said things that were poorly thought out, etc., etc.  Then

... I try to remember there's still some freedom of opinion we have in this country, and try to just roll with it.  

But regardless of difference of opinions, I tend feel that even those who I disagree with, are still offering a more honest expression of their true feelings than anything I'd get from any public record or presser involving Bruce Allen.  

So, maybe CaptainChaos47's remarks above are more appropriately directed to Bruce Allen than to some fan who is having problems with how Allen runs the franchise.

I've seen enough of Allen to have a hint on his nature and on his type of executive style, and I can safely conclude how much of this Redskins dysfunction tracks back to him and his personality.  Allen may work hard, but considering his approach, I'm amazed he's still in control.

For now, he's got an iron grip, but maybe one day, his teflon-like ability to evade blame for his actions will wear out.  One can only hope!

No my post is directly for the people who even when the team wins they find something to cry about.  I was referring to the Tampa game the one which stands as the largest comeback in skins history.  I was surrounded by people who were rooting against the team.. Not Tampa fans our own.. Because it drove the narrative they wanted.. Oh we suck.. Cousins sucks ..the D sucks.. Snyder sucks..  Then we comeback and win and they were legit upset..its a sad day when you take a steelers fan to a redskins game and he's cheering for the team harder than anyone around.  It's not perfect I get it but I'm still going to cheer for the team regardless I'm not going to say they suck so if we lose I can play off the I knew we were gonna lose anyway card. The comment stands if you don't like it then move on.

5 hours ago, CaptainChaos47 said:

If everyone wants to think the front office is crap and everything from here on out is failure then why follow the team? Just say it's a failure and move on.. I've met guys in the stands.. We were down by 20 and all you did was cry.. Then we came back and won and you still weren't happy..  Move on bro we don't need you

That is the most sad, pathetic, and childish argument you can possibly attempt in any discussion or disagreement.

Maybe you're a quitter, but the rest of us arent.

6 hours ago, CaptainChaos47 said:

No my post is directly for the people who even when the team wins they find something to cry about.  I was referring to the Tampa game the one which stands as the largest comeback in skins history.  I was surrounded by people who were rooting against the team.. Not Tampa fans our own.. Because it drove the narrative they wanted.. Oh we suck.. Cousins sucks ..the D sucks.. Snyder sucks..  Then we comeback and win and they were legit upset..its a sad day when you take a steelers fan to a redskins game and he's cheering for the team harder than anyone around.  It's not perfect I get it but I'm still going to cheer for the team regardless I'm not going to say they suck so if we lose I can play off the I knew we were gonna lose anyway card. The comment stands if you don't like it then move on.

Well we haven't won anything since the 1991 season.

Smith, Brown, Richardson, get Hankins and a slot/depth CB, draft a top 3 RB prospect, draft OL or get a vet in that doesn't want a 10mil p/y deal, have a couple of comp picks lined up for 2019. 

Decent enough job lined up so far in my eyes. Must be easily pleased :ols:

9 hours ago, CaptainChaos47 said:

The comment stands if you don't like it then move on.

Sorry chief, but you’re not the bouncer at Club Redskins.

Folks are free to be as happy or mad as they want about how things go down here.  So you’re just going to have to accept the criticism and you can deal with it.

What I find strange is this belief we’re so awful because we believe Bruce Allen is the definition of mediocre.  I might see your point if we were constantly in here crapping on most of the players and coaches all the time.  But we’re not and never have.  After all the actual Redskins that I think of actually play or coach the team.  They don’t sell Bruce Allen jerseys for a reason. 

2 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Well we haven't won anything since the 1991 season.

Yes, but the Chicago  Cubs went over a hundred years without a world title.

If their fans can deal with a century of no World Series, I can deal with the reality of a quarter century of no Redskin Super Bowls without ripping up my fan card at every perceived grievance with the team. :) 

9 hours ago, CaptainChaos47 said:

sounds like your argument should be directed at the folks you referenced more so than anyone here.

37 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Sorry chief, but you’re not the bouncer at Club Redskins.

Folks are free to be as happy or mad as they want about how things go down here.  So you’re just going to have to accept the criticism and you can deal with it.

What I find strange is this belief we’re so awful because we believe Bruce Allen is the definition of mediocre.  I might see your point if we were constantly in here crapping on most of the players and coaches all the time.  But we’re not and never have.  After all the actual Redskins that I think of actually play or coach the team.  They don’t sell Bruce Allen jerseys for a reason. 

Lol seriously?? Have you read this board during the season?? 

29 minutes ago, onedrop said:

sounds like your argument should be directed at the folks you referenced more so than anyone here.

It was 

2 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

Yes, but the Chicago  Cubs went over a hundred years without a world title.

If their fans can deal with a century of no World Series, I can deal with the reality of a quarter century of no Redskin Super Bowls without ripping up my fan card at every perceived grievance with the team. :) 

Hey you're lucky I don't have a fan card!

Don't even have an eXtremeSkins fan card either by the way...

Moving forward, I don't want any more Cowboys players or Cowboys coaches on this team. My patience is wearing thin with a lot of team moves, but I'm gonna become a purist on this question. If you spent any time in Irving, I don't want you in Ashburn. Period. Now that that rant is over, I'd say that it's pretty telling that Allen wants the team to kick the tires on Scandrick. Ten years in the league with only 8 INTs, and the kid has been placed on injured reserve twice. No thank you. Let Fuller walk, but wanna give ol' Scandrick a look-see........okay.

3 hours ago, skinzplay said:

Moving forward, I don't want any more Cowboys players or Cowboys coaches on this team. My patience is wearing thin with a lot of team moves, but I'm gonna become a purist on this question. If you spent any time in Irving, I don't want you in Ashburn. Period. Now that that rant is over, I'd say that it's pretty telling that Allen wants the team to kick the tires on Scandrick. Ten years in the league with only 8 INTs, and the kid has been placed on injured reserve twice. No thank you. Let Fuller walk, but wanna give ol' Scandrick a look-see........okay.

I wouldn't be so tough on bringing guys that used to play for the Cowboys. I'm fine with it if they bring something to the team.

But I do agree that I'm not a big fan of Scandrick. But that's another thread.

funny that I missed it (decided to turn the radio off for a few minutes while Grant went on a rant), but appareantly Craig Hoffman and Grant disagree on the direction of the front office. They had the writer of the piece breaking down the Alex Smith trade and Grant was upset at the process while Hoffman was saying its better than its been recently, including under Scot. Said there was a lot of infighting then.

Interesting.

Edit because I had this in the Alex Smith thread instead of this one.

But I will have to listen to the podcast because Grant won't let up and Craig won't back down. Craig is basically saying "I know more than you about this situation and Scot was not peachy clean but I can't talk about it". He basically said that there's a lot going on in the trial and if the fans heard what was discussed there, whether fans would like him as much.

Oh and he said that Scot wasn't the best scout on staff.

So we look to Craig Hoffman for his assessments on scouts now?  

I’d venture a guess things weren’t always on the up and up with Scot in the fold considering his demons, and the fact that he was never given the ability to do the job he was hired to do.  He literally brought in none of his own people and had no final say on the roster.

Not sure what any of that has to do with anything at all.  

15 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So we look to Craig Hoffman for his assessments on scouts now?  

I’d venture a guess things weren’t always on the up and up with Scot in the fold considering his demons, and the fact that he was never given the ability to do the job he was hired to do.  He literally brought in none of his own people and had no final say on the roster.

Not sure what any of that has to do with anything at all.  

Its been my POV this whole time that there was a lot more going on than just Bruce's ego and Scot's drinking. I thought that the reason Jay was given the extension and Doug was promoted was because there was tension between Scot and the other scouts (and possibly Jay), and that Doug helped resolve this by listening to scouts to try to build boards that took all their opinions into account. Its not an anti-Scot opinion as much as a anti-certain management style that Scot may have had (i have no confirmation of this though). Craig's comments today kinda brought me back to thinking this.

12 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Its been my POV this whole time that there was a lot more going on than just Bruce's ego and Scot's drinking. I thought that the reason Jay was given the extension and Doug was promoted was because there was tension between Scot and the other scouts (and possibly Jay), and that Doug helped resolve this by listening to scouts to try to build boards that took all their opinions into account. Its not an anti-Scot opinion as much as a anti-certain management style that Scot may have had (i have no confirmation of this though). Craig's comments today kinda brought me back to thinking this.

But like I said, given that Scot wasn't allowed to bring in his own folks nor have full control of the thing he was supposed to have full control of, it's not hard to see why there would be problems.  I'm not absolving him of anything because I don't know him from a hole in the wall.  But you can see the potential for catastrophe miles away given his own demons and the differences between what we were told he'd be doing vs. what he was actually given liberty to do.

So I get the frustration with Fuller being gone... but, do any of you that are so upset that he’s gone think that maybe they really liked what they see from Fabian Moreau and think he can take the next step? Or that they reluctantly traded him to get a piece they viewed as more important (quarterback over cornerback)?

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

So I get the frustration with Fuller being gone... but, do any of you that are so upset that he’s gone think that maybe they really liked what they see from Fabian Moreau and think he can take the next step? Or that they reluctantly traded him to get a piece they viewed as more important (quarterback over cornerback)?

There's a really good ranking by Bucky Brooks on NFL.com that I refer to and you can clearly see where they would rank a "right corner" in importance.  I tend to agree with most of how he ranked them.  :-)

Oh and most GM's - ex-GM's had Moreau as a 1st rounder if not for injury.  Also, a lot have commented how much more athletic he was/is than Fuller.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000503855/article/ranking-each-positions-importance-from-quarterback-to-returner

Archived