Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Talk about Pets

d0ublestr0ker0ll

I'll start!

I love my Dancer, she's my avatar even though she doesn't like wearing her Redskins shirt.

Dancer is a Coton de Tulear, a rare breed originally from Madagascar. I keep her in a puppy cut, if they are shown, they have long hair. And it is hair not fur so she needs haircuts like we do. 

I chose this breed because they are loving, happy dogs, small, and very companionable. 

IMG_20170720_123016626_HDR.jpg

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 13

Yo do I get an award for "Most Posts Liked on the First Page of a Tailgate Thread"?  No?

Here are my current dogs, in front of a picture of my old dogs:  Chichi is my brindle chihuahua (8 yo), Minnie is my silver chihuahua (5 yo), and Sid is my whiteboy maltese (3 yo):

00000.jpg.643c9242619209a1781c07aed84157a3.jpg

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

There must be some serious yapping at your house.

They are extremely well-behaved, especially the brindle chihuahua.  The only thing he barks at are other dogs who have a toy he suddenly wants.  Which is extremely rare.  He barks once every 3 months or so, literally.

The silver chi and maltese have guard-dog-mentalities though.  They will go ape**** at a knock at the door, but will only "mumble" barks if they hear voices outside.  Warning barks, directed at me.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Weganator said:

Taco is a beagle dachshund mix. Total goof, but he is the best.

wait a sec. you have a dachsund mix named taco???? wtf?

about 4 years ago, my wife wanted to get a third dog. i agreed on the condition that it was the biggest disaster in the pound- old, lots of problems, ugly preferred, etc. so, we got an old dachsund/chihuahua mix. they didnt know what his name (or age) was since he was found wandering the streets, so the pound named him 'tokyo'. 

we decided (partly cuz of the chihuahua connection) to shorten his name to 'taco'. (and i thought that was original. til today, dammit :) )

on a sad note, hes had alot of problems lately- collapsed trachea, probably early stages of cancer, hes almost totally blind and deaf and we may have to put him down sooner rather than later, :(

Edited by grego
  • Sad 4

41 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

You gave Taco and home and love and care, grego. I am sure he's very happy that you give him a good life.  :)

The first week that I took him to go outside to pee, I let him off a leash to sniff around and he just took off running away (I did this only because he's not that fast and I knew I could catch him if he ran). He was so scared and didn't trust anyone. He still actually growls at my wife after all this time, and she loves him anyway. 

Early on, I was getting changed and I took my belt off my pants and he was a few feet from me and he yelped when he saw belt swing down even though it was a few feet from him. Broke my heart thinking what he must have gone through. 

Now, he goes nuts if I get up from the couch to go to the kitchen. That dog doesn't leave my side. 

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, grego said:

wait a sec. you have a dachsund mix named taco???? wtf?

about 4 years ago, my wife wanted to get a third dog. i agreed on the condition that it was the biggest disaster in the pound- old, lots of problems, ugly preferred, etc. so, we got an old dachsund/chihuahua mix. they didnt know what his name (or age) was since he was found wandering the streets, so the pound named him 'tokyo'. 

we decided (partly cuz of the chihuahua connection) to shorten his name to 'taco'. (and i thought that was original. til today, dammit :) )

on a sad note, hes had alot of problems lately- collapsed trachea, probably early stages of cancer, hes almost totally blind and deaf and we may have to put him down sooner rather than later, :(

If its any consolation, we didn't come up with the name ourselves. There was this beagle rescue down in TN that had found a litter of them behind a Taco Bell and he was the runt of the group.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1