Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tax Bill

LadySkinsFan

2 minutes ago, twa said:

how significant a chunk?

are they pulling the Beto game of using prior funds from pacs and shareblue ect?

Your claim about Beto is also false. Please sit down and go learn about campaign finance rules with your President.

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm gonna need more details on this.  How big a chunk?  What level of government are they running for?  Are they people that are in a solid win or solid lose place so funds don't matter much?  Are they accepting money from the DNC that came from the rich?

I'm not doing your homework for you. Some of you need to google these things yourself.

9 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Your claim about Beto is also false.

try open secrets site and don't hide behind bundlers like J street pac or shareblue on technicalities.

12 hours ago, twa said:

try open secrets site and don't hide behind bundlers like J street pac or shareblue on technicalities.

Bundlers that take small donations and send them to candidates are not even remotely what you are trying to say they are. Campaign finance laws are very clear on this. 

Facts have never meant a thing when you are practicing mental gymnastics. 

Edited by No Excuses
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I research my counter-points.  

You made a statement.  I feel like it is on you to back it up.  

I’ve seen this a lot too from individual candidates for US Senate and House, couldn’t say how many though (I see it a lot cause my brother retweets stuff from/about midterm election candidates frequently), but it is a definite trend.

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Could somebody with more expertise than I explain this to me... how does the tax rate for the wealthiest .01% go down only 2.7% but their after tax income go up 20% (estimated). I read the TPC report but it was over my head.

The super wealthy don’t get paid much “income”. They are paid in stock or gain funds through capital gains or are paid with S Corps. Fed Income tax is for suckers!! ;)

Edited by HOF44

12 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

If some really rich dude wants it for personal use

2/2) "President Trump signed more than 100 changes to the U.S. tax code into law at the end of last year. Among them: The price of a new or used airplane purchased by a company can be a 100% write-off against its earnings."

Edited by JK

6 minutes ago, JK said:

2/2) "President Trump signed more than 100 changes to the U.S. tax code into law at the end of last year. Among them: The price of a new or used airplane purchased by a company can be a 100% write-off against its earnings."

I'm gonna assume the same abuses happen at the "can purchase a plane" level but I have seen more than a few bosses buy a really nice truck with company money, put a small sticker on it to call it advertising, use it for their own use, and use it as a tax write off.

19 minutes ago, JK said:

Yeah, I agree with you that this is much ado about nothing. My post was more just a broad, general statement. Didn't mean to sound like I was arguing.

There's plenty to criticize Trump over but there are examples of people just going "Trump did ______... Bad!!" to get clicks and this would be one of them. No shortage of people looking to cash in on the hate and division within our country right now and no shortage of suckers that let them. 

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm gonna assume the same abuses happen at the "can purchase a plane" level but I have seen more than a few bosses buy a really nice truck with company money, put a small sticker on it to call it advertising, use it for their own use, and use it as a tax write off.

Yup, contractors and sales reps do it all the time.

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Didn't mean to sound like I was arguing.

It's all good. What a lot of people don't understand is that the "write-off" is not dollar for dollar. It simply reduces your taxable income, which if you do the math, it comes out to your tax rate... or the company's rate.

Edited by JK

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, HOF44 said:

Turbo tax is live online now. If you live in a high cost of living area be prepared. My Fed tax bill went up about 5k. **** Trump!

Yup.  If you’re doing reasonably good in a high cost living area you’re going to get hammered. The tax code doesn’t deal well with different costs of living. The cap on SALT is not made up by the standard deduction or tax rate reduction. 

I have kids and last time I penciled it out the raises in limits for claiming deductions and credits related to kids might be enough to make it a net wash for me. We’ll see....

Oh and don’t forget, our “cuts” expire in 6 years. 

Then it goes up

:rofl89:

I can’t wait for certain family members to do their taxes. I’ve been waiting damn near a year to remind them of that “extra money” in their checks they were bragging about.