Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How long will the Trump Presidency last?

88Comrade2000

Poll:How long will the Trump Presidency last?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. How long will the Trump Presidency last?

• Less than 6 months
    • 6 months to 1 Year
    • 2 Years
    • 3 Years
    • 4 Years - One Complete Term
    • 5 Years
    • 6 Years
    • 7 Years
    • 8 Years - Two Full Terms

7 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

with full disclosure, who leads most of the fortune 500 companies? who hold a majority of elected seats in this country? 

I can assure you it is not Southeast Asians (I had to correct you), South Asians (again, corrected), or Nigerian and English Americans.

Also, at least from the Nigerian perspective which I can attest too, most of those immigrants are the best of the best in their country. 

I know white people like to think things are fair for everyone else, and thats why Trump gets elected and he brings in his Nazis and White supremacists. But hey, Ben Carson and Omarosa Manigault are in his White House so its all good.

When Americans began to display empathy and concern for oppressed groups and denounce their privilege en masse, then people like Trump will not be in office. We saw last election that you and your brethren are either clinging to your whiteness or have your head in the sand like a flamingo while benefiting from it all. Shoot, when white people stop thinking of themselves as the norm and ignoring their race and stop looking at non-whites as "others" then we will see Trump and his ilk lose power.

Like I said earlier, I think Trump gets 8 years at least because this is what a majority of whites voters want, until the definition of whiteness changes and those people who thought they were white becomes the other.

right there with you in terms of rooting out racism and getting rid of it. wherever theres a racist law, lets get rid of it, if theres institutional racism, fix it, bad cops, get rid of them. 

while we're at it, lets look at the minority and/or immigrant groups that excel, figure out why that is- which is going to be a strong emphasis on the family unit, waiting til marriage to have kids, strong work ethic, and an emphasis on education- emulate it. and teach it. 

lets look at why millions of people from other countries want to come here- many from countries with horrible human rights records -in the first place.

and lets look at how obama won so convincingly in 2008. the way things are looking now, it shouldnt be very difficult.

"Barack Obama captured the White House on the strength of a substantial electoral shift toward the Democratic Party and by winning a number of key groups in the middle of the electorate. Overall, 39% of voters were Democrats while 32% were Republicans — a dramatic shift from 2004 when the electorate was evenly divided. The Democratic advantage in Election Day party identification was significantly larger than in either of Bill Clinton’s victories.

While moderates have favored the Democratic candidate in each of the past five elections, Barack Obama gained the support of more voters in the ideological “middle” than did either John Kerry or Al Gore before him. He won at least half the votes of independents (52% vs. 49% for Kerry), suburban voters (50% vs. 47% for Kerry), Catholics (54% vs. 47% for Kerry), and other key swing groups in the electorate."

https://www.theglobalist.com/9-facts-on-modern-slavery-in-nigeria-2/

Maybe regardless of the length of presidency, one can poison the well for decades to come. Reagan is a poor comparison, because he was a very popular president but he planted the seed for modern government's wastefulness that has survived almost 30 years now and sees no sign of abating.

15 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Four years. Very likely 8. Congress is in cahoots and a near majority of the American people have proven themselves that dumb. 

what asbury said earlier is relevant- a decent percentage of americans held their nose when they voted for him, perceiving both candidates as deeply flawed. 

he still lost the popular vote and currently has historically poor approval ratings. this is not a recipe for reelection. 

6 minutes ago, grego said:

what asbury said earlier is relevant- a decent percentage of americans held their nose when they voted for him, perceiving both candidates as deeply flawed. 

he still lost the popular vote and currently has historically poor approval ratings. this is not a recipe for reelection. 

Bush 2 got re-elected.

I hope you are right. I lost some faith when W was reelected. I lost a lot more faith in the electorate when Trump was elected. 

In a weird way, I'd feel better if Trump and Moscow actually hacked and rigged the vote. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they did. Trump has cheated at practically everything else he has put his hands on, but as far as I know right now America has proven itself with this vote. 

1 hour ago, grego said:

right there with you in terms of rooting out racism and getting rid of it. wherever theres a racist law, lets get rid of it, if theres institutional racism, fix it, bad cops, get rid of them. 

while we're at it, lets look at the minority and/or immigrant groups that excel, figure out why that is- which is going to be a strong emphasis on the family unit, waiting til marriage to have kids, strong work ethic, and an emphasis on education- emulate it. and teach it. 

lets look at why millions of people from other countries want to come here- many from countries with horrible human rights records -in the first place.

and lets look at how obama won so convincingly in 2008. the way things are looking now, it shouldnt be very difficult.

"Barack Obama captured the White House on the strength of a substantial electoral shift toward the Democratic Party and by winning a number of key groups in the middle of the electorate. Overall, 39% of voters were Democrats while 32% were Republicans — a dramatic shift from 2004 when the electorate was evenly divided. The Democratic advantage in Election Day party identification was significantly larger than in either of Bill Clinton’s victories.

While moderates have favored the Democratic candidate in each of the past five elections, Barack Obama gained the support of more voters in the ideological “middle” than did either John Kerry or Al Gore before him. He won at least half the votes of independents (52% vs. 49% for Kerry), suburban voters (50% vs. 47% for Kerry), Catholics (54% vs. 47% for Kerry), and other key swing groups in the electorate."

https://www.theglobalist.com/9-facts-on-modern-slavery-in-nigeria-2/

breh, none of this has to do with eradicating the white supremacist mindset that whites have. I am not interested in having this conversation until you start displaying empathy and compassion for the oppressed because all you are doing is talking past that point and pushing it to the side. You need to start encouraging your other white friends and family to do the same. Thats the problem with this country. Thats why Trump is going to get 4-8 years and start REALLY Making America Great Again.

9 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Or ignorance. I'll be happy to take this one to PM if you want. 

Or your point will be public and ... then I can't help you.  

2017... ha...I need to show empathy ? To what ?

So because I have tan skin I need to feel differently ? Absolutely not. Blacks kill blacks more than anyone. 

Where is the ****ing march or protest about that ? Yeah , more worried about what the police are doing to tan folks...

Should be more worried about raising kids that don't destroy their own communities, and rob folks for sneakers. 

You don't want to go here with me. Trust.   Have a great evening, and forget we even talked about this. 

you lack empathy and are willfully ignorant. Have a great life.

3 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

yes.

I am through coddling your feelings. Show empathy and compassion and try and make a change or you gonna see more Trump and Trumps.

Not all white people

6 minutes ago, Springfield said:

breh, none of this has to do with eradicating the white supremacist mindset that white

23 minutes ago, mrcunning15 said:

Not all white people

then show and prove. Do something. Stop showing empathy and compassion only when it steps on your doorsteps, and do it for all peoples. I am tired of it. People are getting sick and losing their lives and a majority of white people dont care. 

23 minutes ago, Springfield said:

You're acting like some sort of racial conspiracy theorist.

racial conspiracy theorist? how? 

America's problem is race. Its no conspiracy. You guys just voted a white supremacist into the presidency. This is no conspiracy.

22 minutes ago, grego said:

my family mostly hispanic and black, so maybe i'm on the right track.

I genuinely dont care. If you are sitting back and ignoring the race issues in this country or dismissing white privilege and white supremacist mindset that this country has lived and thrived on, and the fear that oppressed people have then I don't care what you are. You believe in white supremacy.

12 minutes ago, Springfield said:

You're acting like some sort of racial conspiracy theorist.

We need to make another topic for this, but white supremacy running rampant is very clearly not a conspiracy theory and I know you know that. The examples provide themselves. Almost daily. 

Just now, grego said:

true, but they are all immigrants, so, not quite as bad on the evil whitey scale. :D

Newer or have they been here long enough for infection to spread? 

That personal responsibility spiel was suspicious. :kickcan:

Just now, BenningRoadSkin said:

i dont think it should be because this president ran on white supremacy, AND HE WON! AND A MAJORITY OF WHITE PEOPLE VOTED FOR HIM!

This is all related. 

Its true.  If you strip away all the white power dog-whistling, Trump spent the entire campaign saying almost nothing of substance.

"We're gonna do great, trust me."

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

i dont think it should be because this president ran on white supremacy, AND HE WON! AND A MAJORITY OF WHITE PEOPLE VOTED FOR HIM!

This is all related. 

Agreed its related. But im positive this wasn't the intention of the topic. Im sure you can see that. We can go nuts in a topic specifically geared toward this discussion, though. 

Also, while im quoting you.... you gotta chill a little bit. You preach on empathy and compassion, which is literally my EXACT argument with this whole race thing (you wouldn't believe how similar our view points are, seriously) but no one will listen to you if you continue to be as abrasive as you are while trying to present it. I dont think you are wrong. I think your presentation is. 

You literally told Grego that he lacks empathy and turned around and told him you dont care about his specific situation. Thats hypocrisy, and it hurts your argument. And im not trying to defend him or anyone else. I just want your (our) message to be heard and it would be negligent of me not to let you know how you come across when im sitting on the same side of the isle as you. 

Sorry if that comes off wrong. Just trying to help. 

Archived