Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN.com: Four Arrested in Beating Broadcast On FB Live

zoony

That's sick. I try not to think of Chicago as the place it's described as, but stuff like this makes me think the whole place needs a restart. What kind of person could actually to that to someone. And I like to think kids are the best of us but those fools where 18! Sick man. They should go to jail forever. Society has enough problems. 

If a group of 18 year old white kids did this to a disabled black teenager while letting a couple of racial epithets out, what would the reaction be if authorities said they weren't sure it was really a hate crime, ...but maybe just kids being stupid?  Exactly.

It's the perception of that kind of double standard, whether real or not, that fuelled the Trump movement. This needs to be charged as a hate crime, and these psychos need substantial jail time.

1 hour ago, Weganator said:

To the 'just a mistake crowd'

tWFkZe.jpg

Ahh hate crimes another great wedge issue from the backlash. The problem i always see with these types of reforms ie hate crimes, affirmative action, social justice, etc is that whatever good intentions they were suppose to bring it always seems to bite them in the ass. Whether or not this gets charged as a hate crime or not, i don't care they will get their day in court and justice will be served either way they are probably looking at a long time in jail.

As utterly appalled/ shocked/ sickened/ insert other relevant adjective to cover this absolutely heinous crime, made even worse that it was perpetuated on someone SO vulnerable; I'm arguably even more lost for words that anyone is actually trying to flippantly defend it. 

Seriously, some of y'all need to give your heads a SERIOUS wobble! 

I'm not one for vengeance at all but a night thrown in among the equally Evilly disturbed Ayran Nation in jail would be too good a punishment for these sick ****s. 

18 man. EIGHTEEN! And two girls among the three! WTF is going on when we're producing specimens like these cretins so young?

Despicable. Hope the maximum book is thrown at them and they get a LONG time inside to stew on how they've utterly ****ed up their worthless life before it's even just begun. 

Hail. 

29 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Based on many responses.. glad I have not watched it. 

When the videos of executions in the middle east started being posted, and shared, online I bailed from watching videos from shocking news events. I just can't do it anymore, it's too depressing. It was fun/interesting at first, a long time ago, but not anymore.

Maybe i'll go watch some cat videos.

29 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

If a group of 18 year old white kids did this to a disabled black teenager while letting a couple of racial epithets out, what would the reaction be if authorities said they weren't sure it was really a hate crime, ...but maybe just kids being stupid?  Exactly.

It's the perception of that kind of double standard, whether real or not, that fuelled the Trump movement. This needs to be charged as a hate crime, and these psychos need substantial jail time.

This can't be said enough.  And to the naysayers, notice neither he nor I said the perception was justified.  That's a conversation for another thread.  But obviously this highlights where the perception comes from.

10 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Politics aside, this is about hate.  Hate doesn't know party lines.  Until all sides learn to sit down and discuss concerns, even if those concerns are unfounded, hate will just continue.

Deep down, I don't think it's really about politics.  These cats probably wouldn't know the first thing about politics.  It's really about evil.  

Somebody that would do this is beyond being reasoned with.

25 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

It would be almost exactly what it is now? It's not a double standard. It's THE standard. In most cases the cops don't start by claiming a hate crime unless you walk into a black church and kill everyone, ya know. They almost always wait and gather information before they jump to that. It's always been this way. 

Check out the BLMKidnapping tag on Twitter if all you want is people being outraged that it's not immediately declared a hate crime. That's all thats happening currently. 

What I hate about this personally is people like you taking advantage of the situation to push the stupid idea that some how the perception of a double standard is what's important here. It's not.

11 minutes ago, mrcunning15 said:

The problem i always see with these types of reforms ie hate crimes, affirmative action, social justice, etc is that whatever good intentions they were suppose to bring it always seems to bite them in the ass.

I've read some interesting takes on whether the 'hate crime' thing is wise, has worked, is worth it, etc.

I agree with the implication that it had good intentions. It sounds good - we're going to increase the punishment if the motive for the crime was based on race. I'm down with that.

As always, scaling that to a country of 300+ million people with incredibly diverse areas (including diverse opinions on race/racism) means wrapping it in bureaucracy, and making it ripe for political gaming.

The idea that motive shouldn't have anything to do with punishment is also interesting, but motive is woven throughout our legal process and I don't personally think it should be removed, I find it an interesting argument nonetheless.

39 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Do you remember what happened with the white kids that raped the disabled black kid in Idaho earlier this year?  Slap on the wrist and nobody cares.  Always helps when there's a viral video.

9 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Deep down, I don't think it's really about politics.  These cats probably wouldn't know the first thing about politics.

I agree, in a sense. I'm sure they aren't debating the change to the fiduciary rule or doing any sort of substantive policy thought. 

But at the same time, you would have to be living under a rock to not have heard the "Trump is racist and his supporters are evil" narrative this past year.

Just now, justice98 said:

Do you remember what happened with the white kids that raped the disabled black kid in Idaho earlier this year?  Slap on the wrist and nobody cares.  Always helps when there's a viral video.

I must admit, I do not remember hearing about this. That would indeed be horrific and inexcusable as well.

58 minutes ago, youngchew said:

How can you do something like that to another human being?  Sick ****s, I hope they get 10+ years.  Teens or not, they ain't wired right and don't need to be on the streets.  

I'd pay to read the psych evaulation on these kids.  

2 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

I must admit, I do not remember hearing about this. That would indeed be horrific and inexcusable as well.

Similar type of deal, they didn't wanna call it a hate crime, didn't wanna label him a sex offender, and the ringleader basically got probation a couple weeks ago, with the opportunity to have the conviction dismissed.  The authorities curiously claim the investigation concluded there were "racial undertones", but the attack itself was not racially motivated.  They said the football players in question were just preying on a vulnerable person for kicks.  The civil suit alleged racial epithets were flying left and right, but I guess they couldn't prove it either way in the criminal investigation.  

Anyway, the point is, before we go to the "if the situation were reversed....." stuff, we should just be aware that it has been, and recently and nobody blinked.  It made the news, it just didn't go viral on FB to get the masses frothing at the mouth.

9 hours ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

I consider myself to be the epitome of a stupid kid. Never in a million years would it cross my mind to do something even approaching this. And i went to federal prison at 23. Psychotic behavior. Period. 

That said i wouldn't attach anything bigger politically to it. Not yet anyway. We desperately need to get back(?) to judging the individual in this country. 

Says the guy who lumps all Cops together...and Marylanders...and well....everybody he doesn't like.

The people who initiated this attack are pure scum.

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

Deep down, I don't think it's really about politics.  These cats probably wouldn't know the first thing about politics.  It's really about evil.  

Somebody that would do this is beyond being reasoned with.

im sure that is usually true.   most dumbasses scrawling swastikas or morons marching in Klan robes don't really have any mind for politics .. they are just dumbasses being dumbasses.   Dylan Roof and these dumbasses (i didn;t watch the video, nor do i particularly care to-- so i will just have to live with being a sheep following general reactions) are also probably just generally motivated by general hate, rather than politics...

i think the original IDEA of hate-crime legislation was an attempt to get at the systematic purveyors of fear (the dudes behind the scene that spur on the dumbasses), or an opportunity to bring federal charges when local officials failed to adequately prosecute clear crimes ... but it never really ended up being that.  Instead it just ended up usually just being a sloppy catchphrase that by definition is amorphous and difficult to apply.   

i fully believe in the idea of "hate crimes", and am fine with bellybutton gazers debating whether or not a specific incident applies... but it is probably time to drop (or drastically alter) its usage in the law.     (same goes for the uproar about whether to define a crime as "terrorism")

"**** donald trump!"

"**** white people"

-- exact words yelled by kids standing right next me a few months ago when they "protested" by walking out of HS and to down town Silver Spring. 

Im not sure what is more prevalent. 

Trump supporters hatred for black people or BLM supporters hatred for white people. Id say its equal and both are dumb as hell. 

4 hours ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

"**** donald trump!"

"**** white people"

-- exact words yelled by kids standing right next me a few months ago when they "protested" by walking out of HS and to down town Silver Spring. 

Im not sure what is more prevalent. 

Trump supporters hatred for black people or BLM supporters hatred for white people. Id say its equal and both are dumb as hell. 

There is alot of hatred on both sides. Always has been. 

High-school kids protesting are not equal to BLM supporters, however. Do your self the justice of understanding the difference. 

37 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Per CNN: The four have been charged with hate crimes.

Also, aggravated kidnapping, aggravated battery, and aggravated unlawful restraint.

Good. They need the entire book thrown at them. 

Archived