Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

When they sign TP, does that change Cousin's situation? 

Respectfully, you'd have an upgrade in WR targets with multi-years of the same offense and guys set.  Reed and Davis, Doc and TP, with Crowder in the slot.

In the same system you've excelled in for years.  Everyone's going to be setup for the next 3 years...Is that a LTD changer in KC's camp?

1 minute ago, ShredSkins said:

Didn't Dan used to have a bigger jet? 

Yeah, unreported sources say that SM got drunk on the plane and passed out with a lit cigarette and burnt it to the ground.

5 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

When they sign TP, does that change Cousin's situation? 

Respectfully, you'd have an upgrade in WR targets with multi-years of the same offense and guys set.  Reed and Davis, Doc and TP, with Crowder in the slot.

In the same system you've excelled in for years.  Everyone's going to be setup for the next 3 years...Is that a LTD changer in KC's camp?

I hope so. At the very least he can look at the offensive situation here and say "Ok, this is pretty good" and feel more comfortable with what's to come. Imagine if we also get a talented RB and somehow upgrade at LG...

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I hope so. At the very least he can look at the offensive situation here and say "Ok, this is pretty good" and feel more comfortable with what's to come. Imagine if we also get a talented RB and somehow upgrade at LG...

They should be able to draft RB talent. 

TP might get overpaid a bit here...his value is at 9M per year and it's easy to assume CLE will overpay that to keep him.  Might take a 4-yr 10+M per season type deal to get him.  However, I'd view this as an upgrade from last year with all things considered.

3 hours ago, London Kev said:

We could have easily made a deal like this with Baker, WTF.

Apparently it was 1 million too much. 

4 hours ago, lavar1156 said:

I need a drink

Good think I was already at the local bar with my drink in my hand.:cheers:

14 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

TP might get overpaid a bit here...his value is at 9M per year and it's easy to assume CLE will overpay that to keep him.  Might take a 4-yr 10+M per season type deal to get him.  However, I'd view this as an upgrade from last year with all things considered.

Supposedly Cleveland offered him a contract similar to Kenny Britt's

Pryor's chances of returning to the Browns decreased dramatically when they signed receiver Kenny Britt to a four-year deal worth $32.5 million, including $17 million guaranteed.

Now, the only team to give the converted quarterback a chance at receiver could be out of the running.

The $8.1 million a year was similar to the offer the Browns made Pryor, whose production in 2016 was nearly identical to Britt's with the Rams. In his first full season as a receiver, Pryor caught 77 passes for 1,007 yards and four TDs. Britt, 28, caught 68 passes for 1,002 yards and five TDs.

Pryor's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, was seeking elite receiver money for Pryor, as much as $15 million a year, two league sources said.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/03/terrelle_pryor_visits_redskins.html

17 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Probably 11per year average.  Maybe a 4yr $44 million with 22 guaranteed.  People I'm just taking a stab at it.  It could be more not less.

I'm okay overpaying Pryor right now. It's worth the risk. It's not unlike our Garcon signing or Djax (DeSean was much more proven, but the character/motivation concerns seem similar). Those were both Bruce FAs if I remember right. 

Is Pryor an AJ Green? No. But if I'm Gruden I'm telling you can be in my system.

On 3/8/2017 at 3:00 PM, carex said:

OK been gone all day and just reviewed the DL signings. Am I wrong to think the Redskins just signed two players inferior to Baker for as much or more money than Tampa is paying to Baker? What the hell is wrong with Allen? I thought well at least the silver lining is that we'll get comp picks next year but even that is now out the window.

13 minutes ago, nonniey said:

OK been gone all day and just reviewed the DL signings. Am I wrong to think the Redskins just signed two players inferior to Baker for as much or more money than Tampa is paying to Baker? What the hell is wrong with Allen? I thought well at least the silver lining is that we'll get comp picks next year but even that is now out the window.

Don't look at the rankings.  Baker had moments he'd flash however he was the only interior DL player making plays on a terrible defense.  He also talked some trash that turned Allen off, obviously.  As far as the media rankings, they are skewed.  These two signings negate Baker.  They're legit signings. Save 1M on each and get the 2 solid DL you were looking for.  Don't need a flashy interior DL to get the hole plugged.  Need now is ILB'er. 

33 minutes ago, SlkyCaramel said:

Supposedly Cleveland offered him a contract similar to Kenny Britt's

Pryor's chances of returning to the Browns decreased dramatically when they signed receiver Kenny Britt to a four-year deal worth $32.5 million, including $17 million guaranteed.

Now, the only team to give the converted quarterback a chance at receiver could be out of the running.

The $8.1 million a year was similar to the offer the Browns made Pryor, whose production in 2016 was nearly identical to Britt's with the Rams. In his first full season as a receiver, Pryor caught 77 passes for 1,007 yards and four TDs. Britt, 28, caught 68 passes for 1,002 yards and five TDs.

Pryor's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, was seeking elite receiver money for Pryor, as much as $15 million a year, two league sources said.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/03/terrelle_pryor_visits_redskins.html

Pryor is worth that now.  Wouldn't have any issue for them to do that deal with possibly having to sweeten it a little more now that he's the last best option available.

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Just tapping into his potential and is a bigger target. If someone can bless Doctsons achilles,  kirk should have an easier time getting the ball to them. Both provide a bigger catch radius and will help in the redzone

8 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yeah its clear Baker pissed off people in the FO. Or the coaching staff, we kept some defensive coaches. But we weren't bringing him back, period. Price doesn't even matter at this point.

Didn't know that so I stand corrected. I liked his play for the contract he got though. 

5 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Didn't know that so I stand corrected. I liked his play for the contract he got though. 

Well, I can't be 100% sure. But that's the twitter rumblings and Baker and his agent both said they did not receive any offer, period. We had no interest in him at any price, that only makes sense if he pissed people off. Because like you said, at that price his production was acceptable. 

I am a little optimistic with the receivers we have now if we get Pryor. If JD comes through I feel we are bigger and younger than we were with DJAX and PG. Along with Reed and Davis  and get a run blocking guard and a real good running back in the draft and we should be OK on offense. 

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Baker and his agent both said they did not receive any offer, period.

As I suspected with Garcon, the decision not to retain a player is based upon interpersonal relationships not the football field. 

The decision is not being made by a football person.

Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

I'll be honest, this years FA is kind of feeling like years past so far. Maybe it means Scot wasn't behind those failures. 

I felt the same when I saw the DL guys we picked. Looked like the DL guys SM got us in the past. Overpaying for average players when there are some real good run stopping linemen to be had. I still think SM made these picks. Think we are building depth with these picks.

Archived