Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Positive Thread

Bigmuss1

1 minute ago, Rattlesnake88 said:

This is the best our special teams have been in a long time. Kirk is doing enough to keep offense in position to win. Matt jones had his second 100 yard game of the year. Skins are at .500 and back in the picture. Life is good. 

Couldn't agree more, that's why I don't understand all the doom and gloom around here.  

I was hoping Robert Kelly was gonna pop that run into the end zone today!  

@Bigmuss1,

We probably could have won 31-10 (Kirk threw an int that allowed the Browns to set up shop in the RZ and Cody Pankey hits a long FG) and you'd still be getting a lot of doom and gloom.  Also, after we got up 14-0, I was hoping for a second half where I could just enjoy a beat down.  Might have been our last opportunity this season.  Course, our beat down of the Saints was a bit unexpected.

We are playing the worst 3-1 team in the league next week with a subpar running game, and it probably won't feel like a road game much being in Baltimore. 

We then play a Eagles team that we have owned recently, and will eventually lose right?  

We then play the terrible Lions who we should beat, and can't run either. 

Then go to a neutral field against the Bengals who our head coach should know best against the AFC North.

I'll be ecstatic if we go into the bye week 5-3.

The most positive thing that happened yesterday was our football team benefitting of a terrible call.   Duke Johnson definitely fumbles, however, Duke Johnson also definitely recovers the football.  The refs angle blocked her from seeing what actually happens.  She sees a pile of redskins and assumes we recovered the ball, mean while, Duke is standing there holding the ball over his head!  

Oh well, we finally get one!

Maybe it's a positive that we are reacting this way to an 11-point win? The players even seemed pretty apathetic about the win in the limited number of interviews or sound bytes that I caught. 

We scored 31 points, rushed for over 100 yards, and evened our record at 2-2 yet most of the fans and a lot of the team is treating this as a L. On some level, I think that has to be a good thing, right? 

I know I labeled this the positive thread, but I would be lying if I didn't admit I get super frustrated during the games.  I'm sure the players feel it to, you can see flashes of how they can play then, boom, there is a 1.5 quarter stagnant / no emotion play.  However, you also cannot deny what your eyes are seeing, they are improving every game.. The at times, not so stellar play, could be the reason the players reacted in interviews the way they did....who knows?  

23 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Also, Scherff is one nasty, mean SOB in that interior. I love that pick.

And the holding call on him was complete BS, he dominated his man so completly, I think the ref thought he had to hold.  Love that pick as well!!

Positives for me:

Trent Murphy is playing great! Showing why he led the nation in sacks his last year at Stanford!

Scherff is the real deal! The guy plays tough and is has solid mobility for a guard.

Matt Jones played very well, his running style looks so awkward with the stutter jump step but if it gets the job done! No fumbles for Jones yesterday is another great sign.

Kirk Cousins accuracy looked great on the deep ball yesterday. I thought both deep balls to Desean were perfect. 

Cravens- Before he got injured was again very solid in coverage, that pass break up where he simultaneously hit the receiver and ripped the ball out was beautiful. Hes going to be a starter for a long time at LB or Safety.

Spencer Long- Had no issues with snaps and was solid in run blocking.

Jordan Reed- When he does not get double teamed is still unstoppable, the guy jukes at least 1 player every time he touches the ball, it's crazy that you can almost guarantee he is not going down from first contact, so fun to watch!!!!!

Trent Williams- Is still Trent ****ING Williams.

Despite their horrible play, and inability to tackle anyone yesterday, the defense created the turnovers that put us back in the game and ignited the crowd again.  FedEx was like a funeral home for the second and third quarters.  

The fans really supported the team until the end.  Our section was going completely nuts during the 4th quarter, and I have no voice today.

I am positive that Triplette is an idiot.  I have never seen an official add time on the clock so many times, and he is just a dirty bird.  His calls/non-calls were very blatant.

It was nice seeing RG3 go and hug all the Redskins after the game.  He definitely seemed completely down yesterday and it was good to see the Skins give him a little love.  He's just a young kid.

No matter how the score goes, my loyalty never wanes.  HTTR FOREVER-!!!

KC's two first drives were a thing of beauty.  Seriously we looked like the 91 Skins in those two first drives.

Norman is well worth the money.  Imagine if we didn't have him back there, probably we would be 0-4 right now.  Played a horrible 1st half and then just went kept fighting and figuring this 6-5 dude out until he struck like a freaking cobra.

I love our two kickers, remember the time when we could have won games if we didn't miss 35 yard FGs?  or our punter had hang times that were laughable?

Can it be as simple as putting more "beef" on the OL, because they were opening holes and as much as Jones balled yesterday in the 1st half he probably left 40 yards on the field by not having good vision on the holes opening up front for him.

2-2 and going into Baltimore with and offense that just might have figured out a "few things". 

2 hours ago, Bigmuss1 said:

Did anyone else see the botched fumble call?  

That was insane...I can't believe the Browns didn't make a huge deal about that!

2 hours ago, bankonhank said:

Positives for me:

Trent Murphy is playing great! Showing why he led the nation in sacks his last year at Stanford!

Scherff is the real deal! The guy plays tough and is has solid mobility for a guard.

Matt Jones played very well, his running style looks so awkward with the stutter jump step but if it gets the job done! No fumbles for Jones yesterday is another great sign.

Kirk Cousins accuracy looked great on the deep ball yesterday. I thought both deep balls to Desean were perfect. 

Cravens- Before he got injured was again very solid in coverage, that pass break up where he simultaneously hit the receiver and ripped the ball out was beautiful. Hes going to be a starter for a long time at LB or Safety.

Spencer Long- Had no issues with snaps and was solid in run blocking.

Jordan Reed- When he does not get double teamed is still unstoppable, the guy jukes at least 1 player every time he touches the ball, it's crazy that you can almost guarantee he is not going down from first contact, so fun to watch!!!!!

Trent Williams- Is still Trent ****ING Williams.

Every person on this list is a home-grown player. That's pretty awesome. 

8 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

That was insane...I can't believe the Browns didn't make a huge deal about that!

Every person on this list is a home-grown player. That's pretty awesome. 

I didn't even think about all the players being home-grown, what a novel thing for this team! It would be amazing if Trent Murphy turned out to be an 8 or 9 sack a season player. 

18 minutes ago, bankonhank said:

I didn't even think about all the players being home-grown, what a novel thing for this team! It would be amazing if Trent Murphy turned out to be an 8 or 9 sack a season player. 

Look at the consistent teams in this league, home grown talent and rosters that do NOT turn over or throw big money in free agency (Giants D this year), seem to be the teams that win.  I think (fingers crossed in GMSM) the Redskins are headed down that path.

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 8:46 PM, Bigmuss1 said:

Couldn't agree more, that's why I don't understand all the doom and gloom around here.  

I was hoping Robert Kelly was gonna pop that run into the end zone today!  

Yea, it sucks, but just as soon as we get our hopes up, it all comes crashing down. This makes people nucking futs !

Tress Way is as solid as they come!  Best I can do...

Archived