Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Multiple Sources: D. Hall Torn ACL

SWFLSkins

An MRI confirmed Redskins FS @DeAngeloHall23 tore his ACL Week 3. Huge blow to the def & his leadership on/off the field is priceless.

DeAngelo Hall tells me MRI is complete he completely tore his ACL. He has to wait until swelling goes down before Dr. Andrews can do surgery

Sad news indeed, guy was a leader back there.

Good dude. Met him a few times... Go VTech!

Sorry to see the loss but I expect he will still be out there cheering on our boys from the sidelines...

If this is it for him, then I hope to see him reporting for the 'Skins in the coming year and replacing some of the older reporters, or Portis.

Question is, what do we do with the roster spot? Not too many options out there and we will need someone on the active roster to make 53.

Side note that game was brutal for both teams......

#Giants announce RB Shane Vereen has a triceps injury that will require season-ending surgery.

I asked DHall if he plans to come back: "I feel like I can bounce back, but 3 years of injuries...May be time to hang them cleats up".

There was a time when I was so ready for DHall to be off this team - early 2012 to be exact. Since that time he really grew as a player and a person into a true leader. Despite his reputation, especially early in his career - guy just wanted to win!

If this is the end of his football career, then he can leave knowing he did all he could. Probably not a HOF career but should be in the Redskins ring of honor some day.  

I've always loved and had a soft spot for Hall since his VT days especially when he ripped the ball away from Roscoe Parrish and took it back to the house in what would be the biggest VT win of my lifetime, beating #2 Miami in 2003. 

I loved when we signed him and despite a rocky start with some frustrating penalties, I've been glad that he has been a part of the team the whole time. Proud to see him grow as a leader even as his skills declined. His leadership will be missed. Just retire man, you've earned it.

His play, however, will not be missed. Blackmon at FS and Duke at SS. Let's go.    

13 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

A true Redskin.  Thanks for everything, DHall!

Yep, my sentiments exactly. Three years of injuries, age, and other factors caught up to him. Spirit willing, but flesh turned mortal. Thanks for the effort. I hope you come back strong and enjoy the next phase of your life (be that another comeback attempt, announcing, coaching, or whatever)

2 hours ago, DJD2 said:

Hate to say it but prob last time we see him in the B&G.

I think it's the last time he's in uniform.  2 Achilles (And actually 3, right? Didn't he re-rupture it during recovery one season?) and then an ACL?  Even if he can recover, there's just no way that he's going to have the physical talents to play at the NFL level anymore.  It's just not possible.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm a huge fan of Hall. Somehow I wouldn't be surprised to see him try and come back next year. Hell of a 13 year career and he's already in the HoF.

He's in the HOF? Of what? 

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

A true Redskin.  Thanks for everything, DHall!

When he was signed, I was very "meh." I know a lot of folks were really excited because he's a VaTech guy.  Not being a VaTech fan, that didn't do much for me.

But he's grown on me over the years, and it's unfortunate to see him go out like this.  

Most underappreciated Redskin in the ES era... love DHall. A gamer, played his best under the bright lights-- didn't get a ton of opportunities in those situations here, but when he did, you could count on him. He was a beast against Dez in that 2012 NFCE championship game.

Archived