Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jeff Fisher Sucks - Countdown to being the Biggest Loser

Riggo-toni

On 9/14/2016 at 4:17 PM, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Year in and year out Jeff Fisher is going to give you the classiest, most professional looking 7-9 team that you have ever seen. They are going to look like a football team is supposed to look. And they are absolutely going to run an amazing fake punt at some point, and thy are totally going to shock a playoff team. You will remember the 7-9 season that Jeff Fisher just gave you, folks.

As Redskins fans, should we really be bashing 7-9?  That is better than we've averaged over the last 20 years.

1 minute ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Explain this one. I'm not sure what you're getting at exactly.

He gets these many chances because he is a white coach.  Name me how many black coaches get a legitimate 2nd shot at a HC job.  Norv Turner, Jack Del Rio,  Mike Mularkey are examples of guys who are terrible but get 2nd chances.  

Just now, skinfan2k said:

He gets these many chances because he is a white coach.  Name me how many black coaches get a legitimate 2nd shot at a HC job.  Norv Turner, Jack Del Rio,  Mike Mularkey are examples of guys who are terrible but get 2nd chances.  

Dennis Green, Lovie Smith, Jim Caldwell, Romeo Crenell, Tony Dungy, Herman Edwards.

With minority coaches I think it's getting that first hire, not the second one.

You know where I fall on this type of stuff bro but Im not sure this really applies in this specific case. I think it's more living off that one Super Bowl run and then his teams never being flat out bad and always seeming like they're on the verge of hitting that next level. He's built a myth up around himself based on that. The other three you mentioned there's definitely an argument there.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The Rams are 2-1...I hate fisher, but he must be doing something right in LA so far 

In order to attain a 7-9 record, a team has to win 7 games. Those 7 wins can come from any 7 of the 16 games played over the course of a season.

To assist you in not missing the point as usual, allow me to simplify: it's a bit early to be making such a bold statement. They're 2-1. Now if they were 8-1, you'd have a point. 

1 hour ago, my_friend_goo said:

In order to attain a 7-9 record, a team has to win 7 games. Those 7 wins can come from any 7 of the 16 games played over the course of a season.

To assist you in not missing the point as usual, allow me to simplify: it's a bit early to be making such a bold statement. They're 2-1. Now if they were 8-1, you'd have a point. 

i assure you, i got the point, that they are usually 7-9. i get that. i KNOW that. all i was saying was im pretty sure this is the first time since 2006 that they have been 2-1 after the first 3 weeks. my point was that i am impressed by that, while at the same time, knowing they can just as easily lose games to finish the season at that usual 7-9 record (yes, it is possible for me to be impressed while knowing it can change also).

19 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah, like I said, he's doing something right (so far, at least). Made it a point to say SO FAR so I don't get accused of "missing the point" again...

But you see, you are missing the point. This is the "Jeff Fisher sucks" thread. No place for that kinda talk around here. Take it to the "Jeff Fisher might actually be about to achieve something good with one of his teams for the first time since '99" thread. This thread only goes one of two ways: "there he goes again!" or slinks quietly onto page 2, never to be seen again. 

3 hours ago, my_friend_goo said:

But you see, you are missing the point. This is the "Jeff Fisher sucks" thread. No place for that kinda talk around here. Take it to the "Jeff Fisher might actually be about to achieve something good with one of his teams for the first time since '99" thread. This thread only goes one of two ways: "there he goes again!" or slinks quietly onto page 2, never to be seen again. 

If I add to my post by saying he usually does suck so this is very unlike him, would that make it all better? ???

Was thinking about who the NBA version of Jeff Fisher is. First thought was George Karl but thinking how beastly those Sonics teams in the 90's were, I decided that was off. Ended up googling "most mediocre coach in NBA history". The 10th result of my mediocre NBA coach search?

Screenshot_20161004-011641_zpswnp5z5gj.j

Thought that was funny.

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 7:36 PM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

He might suck, but the Rams are 3-1 right now and have knocked off Arizona and Seattle.  

Maybe he's looking to mix it up this year?  Instead of starting out poorly and winning a few at the end to save his job, he might be going for the start strong and then fade badly approach?  New city, new path to 7-9?  Could be! 

Archived