Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Josh Doctson WR TCU

PCS

We potentially have the next Calvin J this roster is looking good mods change my name to KCUZ3 hiw bout it?

Woah, woah, woah. Pump the brakes. I'm all for being happy for the draft, receivers should always be fun to watch. But Calvin Johnson? Kind of early to be making those comparisons.

We finally have a legit BIG #1 WR. Haven't had that since...what Art Monk?

Sick of midget WRs. Finally we got a behemoth who can WIN A JUMP BALL. Huge in today's NFL.

Woah, woah, woah. Pump the brakes. I'm all for being happy for the draft, receivers should always be fun to watch. But Calvin Johnson? Kind of early to be making those comparisons.

He's more Deandre Hopkins, who is a beast in his own right.

Nobody is Megatron though lolol.

Doctson is basically AJ Green, with a slightly less ridiculous catch radius. 

AJ GREEN:
6'4, 211 lbs, Arm length: 34.375", Hands: 9.25"

40 time: 4.50
20 yard shuttle: 4.21
60 yard shuttle: 11.46
3 cone: 6.91 seconds

Vertical: 34.5"
Broad Jump: 126"
Bench: 18 reps

JOSH DOCTSON
6'2, 202 lbs, Arm length: 31.875", Hands: 9.875"

20 yard shuttle: 4.08
60 yard shuttle: 11.06
3 cone: 6.84 seconds

Vertical: 41"
Broad jump: 131"
Bench: 14 reps

And they both make absurd catches look easy. Doctson with the best catch rate of any draftee, at 73.8%. That's Jordan Reed-level efficiency

Hello fellow Redskin fans! Long time lurker here on ES and I would just like to chime in on my opinion on our newest addition.

First thing, I must admit that I was shocked about the pick, I was fully expecting Vernon Butler.  What pops out about Doctson is his 41" vertical, that is simply incredible and unheard of. He is going to win a ton of deep balls, and he has incredible hands. Watching some film on him, he frequently dives for deep footballs running full sprint and holds onto the ball. The more I think about it, the more I think this was a great pick, with plenty of strong DLine guys still on board we can get a ton of value in the 3rd even 4th round this year. 

Second, this reassures me Scot is building around Cousins and that he doesn't view him as a fluke or a 1 year wonder. Our offense is going to be scary this year and I believe Cousins is in for a monster year. If Garcon and Jackson don't perform this year there are two very capable guys coming up behind them, next man up. 

The strong part of this team is the offense, that's what got us a division championship last year and we can continue to get strong pieces for the offense to make it truly scary and build the D with scrappy football players that locate the ball like heat seeking missiles. 

I believe this is the plan, and I trust in our GM.

22. Washington Redskins: Josh Doctson | Grade: A

(Pick acquired in trade with Houston Texans)

After moving back a spot, Washington gets one of the draft’s best receivers in Doctson, whose +28.9 receiving grade led the nation in 2015. Doctson has incredible body control, making downfield catches over defenders with regularity and separating well in the intermediate game. TCU quarterbacks had a passer rating of 149.2 when targeting Doctson last year — the best in the nation — and he ranked third in the country with 17 catches on deep passes (20+ yards in air). His ball skills will give him a chance to become the most productive deep threat in the draft, even better than the faster Fuller. Doctson’s catch radius will make Redskins QB Kirk Cousins look even better and he adds yet another dimension to an already well-rounded passing game.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/04/28/draft-2016-nfl-draft-pick-by-pick-grades-and-analysis-of-round-1-2/

Doctson is basically AJ Green, with a slightly less ridiculous catch radius. 

AJ GREEN:

6'4, 211 lbs, Arm length: 34.375", Hands: 9.25"

20 yard shuttle: 4.21

60 yard shuttle: 11.46

3 cone: 6.91 seconds

Vertical: 34.5"

Broad Jump: 126"

Bench: 18 reps

JOSH DOCTSON

6'2, 202 lbs, Arm length: 31.875", Hands: 9.875"

20 yard shuttle: 4.08

60 yard shuttle: 11.06

3 cone: 6.84 seconds

Vertical: 41"

Broad jump: 131"

Bench: 14 reps

And they both make absurd catches look easy. Doctson with the best catch rate of any draftee, at 73.8%. That's Jordan Reed-level efficiency

Shaw and Mayock both compared Doctson to Jordan Mathews so I wanted to do the same thing you did with Mathews:

Jordan Mathews

6'3", 212 lbs, Arm Length:  33.25", Hands: 10.375"

40 time: 4.46

20 Yard Shuttle:  4.18

60 Yard Shuttle:  11.84

3 Cone:  6.95 sec

Vertical:  35.5"

Broad Jump: 120"

Bench:  21 reps.

Based on this, I say he is closer to AJ Green.  Mathews is stronger but far less athletic.  5.5" is a pretty big difference in vertical jump (almost half a foot, really???).  Mayock and Shaw YOU FAIL!  Way to do your research jackasses. 

We got ourselves a freakin athlete.

LOVE the pick! Got an absolute STUD at WR, the overall best in the draft IMO. We really needed a big WR that doesn't have the dropsies and can attack the corners of the Endzone. He is basically everything that Garcon isn't, which is a very good thing. Will be Reed like in his reliability. Our offense just got a heck of a lot better :)

Acceleration is based in power. The 4.5s dash time is coupled with a few other variables, such as the 41in vert. Aside from jumping height and distance, the jumps also measure power. Top Speed is a different entity and usually contributes more to the last 25y of the dash. Doctson begins his routes from an excellent leaned power position, and does not have long femurs for his height. This makes him physically a better accelerator than a burner and explains the coexistence of a less than elite speed time with an elite performance on the field. It also indicates he is an ideal red zone receiver.

Good thing about this, DL are still just waiting for us in round 2 (or Jack). Doctson is arguably the best WR in this draft, and we will be losing one of Garcon or D Jax soon. Even if we didn't let one go, now we have a big receiver to go with Reed. Whatever Scot decides, I back him 200%! 

Interesting pick in Doctson. Not what I really envisioned, but I really like the kid. It's clearly a pick for the future which should gives us a nice WR corp for the upcoming years with that small guy that is Crowder and a huge target like Doctson. 

Still surprised, but not mad at it either. It should be interesting down the road. 

Feel like home here Josh!

Archived