Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RW: Jordan Reed Injury: Updated( Concussion/MCL Sprain and Ankle )

Darrel2828

Sighs. ANOTHER one?

Just how much punishment can one guys head take before the long term FAR outweighs the short term?

Hail. 

Contact sports such as Football, Hockey, Boxing, MMA, and Rugby are by definition "contact" sports. It's what he does for a living. Can we get a little more info on the severity and diagnosis before we write his eulogy??

i have a problem lumping concussions in with other injuries when talking about a player always being injured.

a concussion isn't a frailty issue. it's a violent sport issue and anyone can get them, especially receivers.

Agreed,but he has a history of them.

Which makes this more serious if you ask me.

It's not like we're talking about his 1st, 2nd or even 3rd concussion.

I don't care what the injury is - in that I don't care what it says to people about toughness etc.   All I know is that Reed's availability had always been a weakness, and planning on him being a major part of your offense or any future plans is probably a sucker's bet.  TE is going to have to be addressed in the offseason.  We can't move forward with him.

On the bright side of he misses the next game that will be one or two less holding penalties that get called on us.

ouch, kicking a guy while he's down ... 

but now that I think of it, it would be impossible to ever criticize Jordan if you didn't do that ... yes, I know, concussions are no laughing matter. I hope he get's better, for him, not the team. what's that already, at least 3? 

Let's say the 9ers get clubbed by the Giants this week. Let's say we stay close/win vs ATL this week. 2 BIG ifs...i know, but hear me out.

With Reed & his concussion history, plus the possibility he misses 6+ games (considering how long it took him to recover from his last concussion bout), plus his usage rate in our offense ...

You see where i'm going with this?

You think a play for Vernon Davis might be in the cards?

Let's say the 9ers get clubbed by the Giants this week. Let's say we stay close/win vs ATL this week. 2 BIG ifs...i know, but hear me out.

With Reed & his concussion history, plus the possibility he misses 6+ games (considering how long it took him to recover from his last concussion bout), plus his usage rate in our offense ...

I'll follow you to every thread I have to dislike this!

It's not that Vernon Davis is trash.

It's that he doesn't fit in with our youth movement here.

He's on the decline and he's expensive.  We are looking for cheap and on the rise.  Polar opposites.

We're more likely to go Carrier, McCoy and Hamm then bring Davis in.  Especially if we would have to trade away anything of value.

Trading draft picks for aging vets while rebuilding?

tumblr_ljad0zcd4m1qevyi7.gif

Archived