Sign in to follow this  
BRAVEONAWARPATH

The Official "DC" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

I thought JL was ok.  As others have said the CGI Steppenwolf wasn’t good. I found it distracting at times.  They didn’t really set up his character well or the mother boxes.  The biggest positive out of this movie was it set things up for the DCEU to go in a number of directions with characters.  

I think the Aquaman (or “Aquabro”) movie will be good.  I liked the Atlantian scenes.  

31 minutes ago, drowland said:

I thought JL was ok.  As others have said the CGI Steppenwolf wasn’t good. I found it distracting at times.  They didn’t really set up his character well or the mother boxes.  The biggest positive out of this movie was it set things up for the DCEU to go in a number of directions with characters.  

I think the Aquaman (or “Aquabro”) movie will be good.  I liked the Atlantian scenes.  

I think they edited the crap outta this thing to get it to 2 hrs and to prevent it from being bloated like BvS.  But it hurt JL, cuz like you say, they just dive right in to things and characters that woulda benefited from taking a little more time.

54 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

They're seriously doing an Aquaman movie?

Coming December 18, 2018.  Filming as we speak.

Edited by justice98

3 hours ago, AJ* said:

"All based on some silly fear he had that something bad might happen?" Bad stuff had already happened lol. How is it a silly fear when in the prior movie he took down SHIELD because it was infested with Hydra agents? If he's already seen how corrupt government agencies can get and has saved the world from such terrorists then isn't that a good reason to want his group to remain autonomous instead of signing up to be regulated and controlled by god knows who? He brings up solid points in the discussion. What if something catastrophic happens where they can help but aren't able to because they have to ask permission first? And if they are "sent" somewhere how do they know who or what they're truly fighting for. It's basically SHIELD all over again.

This is my point. Why doesn’t he wait to see if the accords end up handcuffing them or becoming corrupt? He willingly plunges the team into battle and destroys the avengers on a hunch it might go south at some later date. He didn’t weigh the pros or cons of that situation at all. Some leader he is. 

It was dumb and it was forced to me that he would do that to the team rather than actually be cautious and wait it out knowing full well what it meant.