Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Nice to see my Redskins people talking comic books. I'm a huge collector. These movies are making me pay more attention to what I get signed these days by Stan Lee. All the major names showing up like Black Panther, Ms.Marvel, etc. are making my collection a goldmine. I'm furious that the X-Men, my favs are not in the MCU. It's ridiculous. Nice to meet you guys.

Where/how do you trade. I actually have a pretty good silver age collection happily sitting in bags that have been ignored for decades. Every so often, I wonder if I should do something with them.

• Like 1

Where/how do you trade. I actually have a pretty good silver age collection happily sitting in bags that have been ignored for decades. Every so often, I wonder if I should do something with them.

Just keep in mind there's been a resurgence in value of such these days after a very long time of lower values from what I hear, so don't let yourself get clipped. 

Just keep in mind there's been a resurgence in value of such these days after a very long time of lower values from what I hear, so don't let yourself get clipped. 

I hear that. There are always two things to consider. Profit and replacement cost. Now, I suspect I won't be replacing any I sell, but if I sell I need to happy with what I could get. Most likely, I will continue to let them sit until that certain day comes.

I've been collecting since the early '90's. I don't know how much my collection is worth, but the majority of them have been sitting in plastic protection slips for over a decade now. If my sons are interested in reading them once they're older, I think I may start to sell them on ebay. Hopefully, they'll net me a nice amount of money to keep in a paypal account. 

I still read, but I'm more concerned with the stories than the collecting now. I just recently started the Marvel Unlimited license (I'm enjoying it), and the only paper books I'm still getting are The Walking Dead, Fables, and Invincible. 

I'm in the same boat, and doing some pruning of my old floppies a few times a year. I'm happy with trades and digital reading for the most part.

And Jumbo, too right you are. Though no one could have predicted it a few years ago, now the first appearance of Rocket Raccoon (Hulk 271) is selling for a pretty penny. I'm sitting on mine for a while longer to see the value increases more.

• Like 1

umbertogonzalez

RT! HOT #MARVEL #RUMOR ABOUT#CAPTAINMARVEL #SPOILER Apparently, from what I'm being told, the rumor is that the studio has cast the role of Carol Danvers & keeping it top secret. I'm also being told we will first see her in#AVENGERS #AgeofUltron as originally written in previous drafts of the screenplay. In terms of the standalone film, the Marvel brain trust has blocked out the plot & story with the intention of bringing an established writer to write the script. Comic writer Kelly Sue DeConnick wanted to take a crack at writing the screenplay but I'm not sure if she got the gig. Also, I'm told legendary comic writer Jim Starlin, who has a rich history with Captain Marvel is aboard the project as a consultant. All of the above is#UNCONFIRMED so take with grain of salt until further notice but it's within the realm of plausibility.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/marvel-daredevil-review-netflix-series-195237016.html

In the comics, they call him “the man without fear,” and there certainly is fearlessness to this new series debuting April 10 on Netflix.

As my video review above says, Marvel’s Daredevil is the TV offering from the superhero giant that we’ve been waiting for. With Spartacus creator Steven S. DeKnight as showrunner and Boardwalk Empire alum Charlie Cox as the blind protector of a very rotten Big Apple, the 13-episode first season leaves the painful 2003 Ben Affleck movie a very distant memory.

I've been seeing nothing but positive reviews about the season so far. I may suddenly be "sick" when this drops on Friday.

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

Click to read the rest

http://www.movieweb.com/spider-man-marvel-movie-peter-parker-high-school

Marvel Confirms ‘Spider-Man’ Is Peter Parker in High School

Late last month, Marvel CEO Joe Quesada let it slip that their version of Spider-Man, who will first appear in a Marvel movie before getting his own standalone reboot at Sony, is indeed Peter Parker. This came after much speculation that Marvel and Sony might go with Miles Morales for their planned Phase 3 rebranding of the franchise. Today, while doing press for Avengers: Age of Ultron, master and keeper of all things in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Kevin Feige confirmed that it is indeed Peter Parker whom we'll see, mostly likely making his debut in next year's Captain America: Civil War. He also talked about the rumored high school story line, and casting.

Collider caught up with Kevin Feige, who will be overseeing this reboot of the Spider-Man mythos for the big screen. And he deserves a fair amount of credit for bringing Spider-Man back into the Marvel fold. Casting is currently ongoing right now, and about that, the producer says:

"In terms of the age of an actor we'll eventually cast, I don't know. In terms of the age of what we believe Peter Parker is, I'd say 15-16 is right."

It is believed that the new Spider-Man trilogy will take place primarily in High School.Kevin Feige went onto explain why he is exciting to place the character back behind his desk in a classroom. And how that makes for a different take on the series:

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/04/13/our-first-look-at-david-tennant-as-the-purple-man-in-the-upcoming-a-k-a-jessica-jones-series-2853688?lt_source=external,manual

Our FIRST LOOK at David Tennant as the Purple Man in the Upcoming 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones' Series!

If you have been a fan of the Daredevil series so far that's been on Netflix (I know I have and I'm only four episodes in) then you'll probably be excited to see what Marvel and Netflix have in store for their upcoming release 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones' or 'Jessica Jones' (not sure which it is at this point.

We don't know a whole lot about the series at this point but we do know that it stars the Krysten Ritter as the protagonist of the series, Jessica Jones (duh).

This may be exciting for fans of the actress but I think that where my excitement really lies is with the casting of villain, David Tennant as the Purple Man. I've always like David Tennant ever since I saw him as the Doctor in the Doctor Who series. He was always an actor that I had said that I wanted to see play in a comic book movie of some sort (I pegged him for a Riddler in my own fancasting of Batman) but this is interesting enough for me and I'll definitely give it a shot.

As for the character he'll be playing, the Purple Man is a terrible villain who has had run ins with characters like Daredevil before, but he's never hurt anyone so terribly as he hurt Jessica Jones with the implication that he controlled her mind and forced her to do...despicable things.

Click to view the photos.

http://www.mtv.com/news/2133711/luke-cage-jessica-jones-on-set/

Here’s your First Look At Luke Cage In New Netflix Series ‘A.K.A. Jessica Jones’

He's Power Man-tastic!

Done with the new “Daredevil” series? Then you’re probably jonesing (see what we did there?) for more grounded, gritty superhero dramas from Marvel and Netflix.

Well you’re in luck, because “A.K.A. Jessica Jones” is currently filming in Brooklyn right now. Judging from the set photos of Jessica (Krysten Ritter) and Luke Cage (Mike Colter) they’ve pretty much nailed the look of the next two Defenders.

Yeah. She's a cute girl. But she's played the "attainable nerd" card for all it's worth.

She fell into what she does, which a lot of us do.

I am not a hater by any means, she admits that she is not a gamer, I get that she is a pseudo nerd...is she the hottest nerd though ?

I don't think so...not by a longshot. Congrats to Aaron Rodgers though. There goes that attainable status.