Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does the overall ineptitude and fail of this franchise make you enjoy professional football less?

Boss_Hogg

127 members have voted

1. 1. Does the overall ineptitude and fail of this franchise make you enjoy professional football less?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

Yes, I'm tired of thinking about the draft before October even starts, I'm tired of people saying we are rebuilding and it is going to be three or four more years until we are a good team, I'm tired of excuses from players, coaches and fans, I'm tired of only being able to wear all these Redskins shirts I have only in the summer time because I'm ashamed to wear them in public during the season, I'm tired of watching a crappy OL and secondary every year, I'm tired of using injuries as an excuse because every team in the league has to deal with them, I'm tired of Redskins players celebrating making a play when they are getting beaten badly, I'm tired of seeing players on social media after a loss, even if they are premoting a charity or something they are doing for the community they need to worry about playing better and keep there mouths shut and be embaresed like their fans are. I could go on and on but it doesn't really matter. Last nights game really crushed any hope that I had for a decent season. The Redskins are one of the worst two or three teams in the NFL and I have no faith that when they do get the high draft picks this year that they will do anything good with them.

I got mad props for all you generation Y or Millennial fans, I think it's harder for me because I remember the golden years from the late 80s to early 90s.

You guys have witnessed some horrifying football since 1993.

It's not so bad. We have access to other sports and watching other NFL teams like never before.

Overall this is a pretty good time for sports in the DMV. Besides this team of course. Maybe by the end of this decade they'll get there **** together.

Absolutely! Watching other franchises improve past us in a relatively short time is really irritating.

We have been in constant rebuilding mode for so long, IMO.

I lay it squarely at the feet of the decision makers that constantly bring in has-been coaches, that then bring in over rated or poor players that don't belong in this league. Most of our back ups are horrid.  

If I was surrounded in the misery of other Skins fans, I probably wouldn't feel so bad. But seeing as I'm surrounded by fans of the Eagles, Cows and Giants no matter where I move, yes, I do loathe watching any football when the Skins are sucking. But sadly, no matter how hard it gets, I continue to watch and root for them.

I love professional football.. plain and simple.. I watch as many good games as possible..  good/great matchups peak my interest.  The only thing that really bothers me is being the fan I have been of this team for over 40 years and having the last 20 stink up the joint with the occasional season that makes me think maybe they've turned the corner.  I had some high hopes after the eagles loss, but this giants loss makes me wonder if we'll be able to beat tampa now - who we play in week 11.  we always seem to have excuses for bad play.  the cap penalty last year and this year, it's injuries.  meh...  hard to talk about today after that stinging defeat last night..  hopefully, sometime next week, i'll somehow think we'll be able to pull the upset next monday night...  just frustrating being a fan these days, not to mention being laughed at at the local bar cause of my allegiance....

I think last night something broke in my brain. Sack fumble, 7 points to NY. Two drives of making Eli ****ing retarded face Manning aka the terrible Manning march down the field just throwing the ball really high to Anthony Mix 2.0 while our linebackers and defensive backs blow coverage over and over and DON'T TURN FOR THE ****ING FOOTBALL. +7, +7.

Then we're driving down the field at the end of the half with a sure touchdown and chance to be down only 7 despite our terrible showing, and Logan ****ing Paulsen coughs up the ball. Then the Giants get up to the 40 in spite of terrible clock management, we force a 3rd and long at the 40 with 7 seconds left and Victor Cruz, one of the few players in the NFL I would love to see get hit by a bus while he's salsa dancing around in the street, catches a pass and struts backwards out the sideline with 1 second. +3. 24-7 at the half. That's how frequently the Redskins ****ing blow ironically.

Even then I stuck around. I was already at an 8 on the 1-10 scale of anger and despair, but I stuck around like I do every ****ing time year in and year out because I must be retarded or something. I promise myself, if they come out in the 2nd half looking better, I'll stick around. We go straight down the field and score. 24-14, our defense makes a stop, our offense is rolling again. Then Kirk Cousins throws an interception. Ok, it happens. If the Giants score here I'm out. I don't turn games off but if they go up 31-14 I'm not going to watch the remaining 25 or so minutes of football.

We get an interception, what a miracle. They review it and elect NOT to put points on the board for the Giants, another total ****ing miracle given the fact that we're something like 0-4 on challenges this year when we really should be 4-0 or at least 3-1. Anyway, the smallest glimmer of hope sweeps back into my mind. For just a moment I thought "hey, maybe we'll manage to dig ourselves out of this...maybe this is a game changer..." then BAM Kirk Cousins comes straight out and gives the ball right back to the Giants.

I don't even know what happened after that. I turned the game off and went upstairs to play Counter-Strike, which was far more enjoyable than watching the Redskins absolutely suck penis on national television for the 54001924818th time in my life. I saw the score before going to bed, hung my head ashamed of the team, wondering aloud "why the **** am I devoted to this pile of scrubs with no hope of success???" 3 years now and we're still starting Tyler Polombus, a player who could be upgraded by placing a folding chair at the right tackle position. This team is going nowhere.

Then I climb in bed, turn on the TV, decide I'll put on the daily show for some laughs. They have an entire segment on the Redskins name featuring some of the dumbest redskins fans you'll ever find, and a bunch of pissed off Native Americans. It was the final kick to the testicles of the evening. I hate this stupid team and the only thing we all have left to cling to is our past, history, and identity and they're taking that away too. The name will change, we'll go with something stupid, safe, boring, innocuous, so as not to offend the easily offended. We'll become another franchise with a bland and nonsensical name with no history or pride. Like the ****ing Jaguars, the Wizards, the Phoenix Coyotes, who ****ing cares anymore?

Who honestly can say they give a **** what happens to this baby **** burning dumpster tire-fire of a franchise at this point? I'm not sorry, I don't apologize, **** the Washington Redskins. Everything we do is wrong. I can't take this **** anymore. I no longer enjoy watching football. I cannot root for another team, but I can't for the health of me continue to subject myself to this one. It's been 23 years for me of not turning the game off, putting off other things on Sunday so I didn't miss a single second of the futility, pain, misery, stupidity. I barely remember anything of when we were great, all I remember is ****ing garbage and being the laughing stock of the NFL. The Washington Redskins are a joke and we're all the punchline.

As bad as it is from home - it's exponentially worse when you're at the game.  Gloating fans of opposing teams, dejected skins fans.  I don't know what's worse, Skins fans leaving early because it was over or Giants fans leaving early before it was over. 

Truth.

I have season tix in the lower bowl, section 114. The place as overrun with vagiants fans in the 4th quarter. I don't blame the Skins fans for leaving. The team quit.

I'm usually the guy that gets excited about the start of OTAs, free agency, the draft, or anything remotely football related. When people at work talk about other sports I usually chime in with a "It's only ____ more days til football season." But with the way the league is headed and what I saw last night, yeah, the fun is being sucked right out. I'll still watch it because, I don't know, maybe just because I've been doing it for so long and remember what it used to be like, though I've got no hope for my team this year (or next, or the year after that to be honest).

My wife points out when I watch the Redskins I'm a different person.  When I don't watch football, non-football season I'm a hellaluva lot happier..

I'm usually the guy that gets excited about the start of OTAs, free agency, the draft, or anything remotely football related. When people at work talk about other sports I usually chime in with a "It's only ____ more days til football season." But with the way the league is headed and what I saw last night, yeah, the fun is being sucked right out. I'll still watch it because, I don't know, maybe just because I've been doing it for so long and remember what it used to be like, though I've got no hope for my team this year (or next, or the year after that to be honest).

The league is also ruining the game.  Way too many damn flags for petty ****, but when obvious stuff should be called it's not!!  It gets old week after week after week!!

Answer to the OP - God yes!

I stayed up last night here in the UK to watch that debacle. thats a 1.30 am kick off. I do that every prime time match and have done that since we started getting the prime time games live over here in the UK. Thats years.

The MNF game against Seattle - I will watch the next morning. I'm not staying up all night for another beat down. 

And Why didn't the refs eject the Giants players for making Nile Paul's head a Giants sandwich?

Because they weren't on the Redskins and that would have made Roger Goodell's gaycation with John Mara awk-waaaarrrrrddddd!

Its not something you're supposed to be ejected for. Didn't stop them from doing it to Brandon Meriweather last season (or was it 2012 or 2011? I don't know the ****ty defense is all running together in my brain)

Watching this franchise lose is very tough. I’ve said this in other threads, but will repeat it here. It is the defeatist attitude we show. Something bad happens and you just know the game is over. These guys give up too easy. It is infuriating.

I can’t stand watching people just lie down and be trounced. Grow a back bone, stand up and have some damn pride in the fans, your teammates, and the franchise that pays you. At the very least you should have pride in the good name on the back of your jersey. Quit embarrassing your family.

I have a renewed respect for Ryan Clark for the way he handled himself all game. Attitude and pride. Unfortunately, I think if he was here his whole career he would have the defeatist attitude as well. It is a disease.

But there are several things going against me and football right now.

1. The sport is over saturated. We see it everywhere. It sucks. I feel the NFL is being shoved down my throat at every turn.

a. Games all day on Sunday (which I enjoy).

b. Thursday games, which I do not enjoy and think it is very unsafe for the players.

c. Monday games are o.k. just because they have been there ever since I can remember.

d. Later in the season we get Saturday games. Really?

e. Games over seas. Yay! We are over seas! Look look we are over seas!

2. Now every news source has to have a NFL article somewhere. It is normally not a feel good article, but a self righteous article. Just a quick glance at CNN and they have 4 NFL articles up and that does not include their sports section.

3. As already been said: The politics. We don’t need to listen to your stupid crap. For a lot of us, football is a way to escape normal drudgeries of every day life. So when I watch football, I don’t want to hear your political stand or any other righteous crap. Talk about the game you are announcing. Leave it at that.

4. All the negative publicity that goes with the NFL. I am sick of it dominating my discussions with people and these same people repeating the same crap to me day after day. Yes, I get it, you told me that same thing for the last two weeks.

5. All the crap rules. Roughing the passer on Jason Hatcher last night? Really? Eli’s head didn’t even move a centimeter when he lightly grazed the helmet on accident.

6. Everywhere you go people are football experts and they will argue with you until they are blue in the face. They are right and you just don’t watch the game.

7. Fantasy Football – this is self imposed, but this will be my last year. People in my league take this crap way too seriously. I have a person I do not get along with because of fantasy football. Really, over fantasy football? This year is it for me.

Nothing about the NFL is enjoyable for me at the moment. I just want to sit on my couch on Sunday and escape. But that doesn’t seem possible anymore.

The NFL has gotten too large and it sucks.

I truly wish I could divorce myself from my love of football, but I can't. Actually, I wish I could stop caring about the Skins and move on to a team that might be competitive again in my lifetime (I'm a year older than Snyder, so odds are not good he'll die early enough for me to see the postmortem turnaround). I wanted the Saints to win the SB after we passed on GW for the amazing Zorno -I thought it was a great way of giving Dannyboy the finger. I wanted the Packers the next year to prove Rodgers is a far better QB than DikPic Favre and because it was Mark Murphy showing Danny how a good team is run.

But the Skins are my crack cocaine - the glorious highs I remember are long gone in the past and all I can ever hope for is convulsions and disappointment. ...but no matter how much I know it's self destructive, I just can't put the burgundy pipe down. DAMMIT all to hades!

Did people stop listening to music altogether after the Beatles broke up?  If Harley-Davidson stopped making bikes would motorcycle enthusiasts still ride?  Your favorite restaurant ran out of Sweet Baby Rays… are you not gonna eat the BBQ ribs you just ordered??

The point is that my love for football is just way bigger than my love for the Skins.  I've traveled from NYC to FedEx for nearly every home game over the past 3-4 seasons, and I think I'm finished after last night.

I will still slap on my worn-out Cooley jersey every Sunday and drink myself into an excited/angry mess, but for the rest of this season it will be in front of my 42'' flipping back and forth with the RedZone channel.

Answer to the op - Since the Redskins is and have been my team, YES.

Last night's ****ty performance just proved once again that we make sick teams well, suck playing games during primetime, and the dreams and hopes of the offseason have met reality.  A friend of mine that unsually calls me a "dead skin fan" called after the game and said "sorry man."  That sucked because he was not laughing. 

Archived