Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins cuts, plus cuts from all NFL teams (Seastrunk, Hocker, P. Thomas among cut)

Just a note of caution-- seems like some fans treat cut down day like a reboot of FA. But the list of players cut in late August who then go on and have an impact with a new team that same year is very, very short. As a matter of fact, I can't even think of one off the top of my head.

Players get cut for a reason. Sometimes you might get a team loaded at one position that let's a good prospect go, but NFL teams aren't in the business of releasing players with big upside.

If you are looking for a starter or key contributor from the cut list, then you are likely already in pretty big trouble.

I'd say kickers and punters might be an exception to this because if a team has two good kickers in camp, they are unlikely to go out of their way to keep the loser of the competition.

I worked that much out for myself.  :lol:

Just odd timing I guess.  Like maybe there was more to it.

Gruden mentioned in the press conference that they thought the appeal process would be over sometime this afternoon. Perhaps the appeal is done and thus he felt comfortable speaking about it.

Why not cut BM and then bring him back Monday?

I believe his suspension would essentially be "suspended" until he was picked back up by a team. So if we picked him back up Monday we'd still have the same issue...needing to drop someone to pick him up, then he becomes suspended, then we get the roster exemption, and then we need to bring someone back.

Why not cut BM and then bring him back Monday?

that's a pretty tasty contract for a safety starved team to claim.

Definitely not worth the risk.  Plus I'm not sure of his garuntees. 

EDIT:  NM... they wouldn't need to claim his contract.

He can play nt in a pinch. I'd be ok cutting him and bringing him back though

I'm not sure I've ever seen Golston play NT.  At least I can't think of a time.  And admitedly I despise him, so when he is in I watch and wait for him to screw up just so I can say "I told you so" to the five fans he still has.

I'm not sure I've ever seen Golston play NT.  At least I can't think of a time.  And admitedly I despise him, so when he is in I watch and wait for him to screw up just so I can say "I told you so" to the five fans he still has.

well, the announcers have mentioned him playing there numerous times

I am curious, is the consensus that Gruden will use Morris almost exclusively?

I see last year he had a close to 5050 split between Green Ellis and Bernard.  If we keep 5 backs, I think it means the end of 300 carries for Morris. The abuse RBs take has never been more on the radar of.... everyone. 

I was thinking that most assume a coach likes to keep his guys over the previous coaches PS candidates. Our offense looks an awful like Mike's, adding in Jackson and Lauvao only. Maybe he keeps a Seastruck or Redd to balance things out, get more of his guys. 

So wer'e keeping Way as our punter??? Wow.  Inexperience if I've ever seen it.  Had that one booming punt last night, I guess it was love at first sight?

Maybe they saw that various sources had confirmed Bills Punter Brian Moorman was released and are thinking about bringing him in. 

Well, glad Malone didn't win the job, Way had a great night, and the knock on Malone was he was inconsistent.  Way has some great distance, and if he's inconsistent then he's still better or at least as good as Malone.  No real shocker here, we're not familiar with either of these guys.

I had a feeling Malone was going to get cut... That Way dude was kicking the ever living **** out of the ball last night. After his first two punts, I said "sign him now!" Lol

Well, glad Malone didn't win the job, Way had a great night, and the knock on Malone was he was inconsistent. Way has some great distance, and if he's inconsistent then he's still better or at least as good as Malone. No real shocker here, we're not familiar with either of these guys.

I guess I wasn't the only one. Seriously dude, I went back and looked at a punt. I rewind the play to see a freaking punt! Lol

Archived