Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFC East Is Up For Grabs...

Hail Em Up

I know I know its only the first week in the pre-season but after watching Dallas, Philly, and NY the division is up for grabs.  I dont care want the media says but those 3 teams have regressed and none of them made any moves in the off-season to get better.  Even if I wasnt a die hard Skins fan I would say the Skins did way more than anybody else in the division to get better this year.  I' sorry but those 3 teams are looking like easy prey this year!!!

Hail Em Up

I did not get to see the Eagles but did catch the Cowboys and Giants.  Week 1 or any week of preseason not indicative, see our 4-0 record last year, but did at least see a weak Cowboys D and did not think the Giants offense looked very crisp (say in Jeff Garcia voice for effect) but their running game looked better than I thought it would.

Hoping they are easy prey this year.  Not sure Eli will throw 27 picks again, I saw that stat and thought to myself, good God, they beat us twice?  I think Jason Garrett will be in the unemployed line at the end of the year and hope Nick Foles and Chip Kelly suffer the worst sophomore slumps ever.

It's Pre Season. Never forget. Always remember....

LOL, I will never forget. But can you honestly say any of those 3 teams did anything and the off-season/draft to get any better than what they were last season? I mean Romo's health is a concern now and there back is Brandon Weedon (sp) and their D is pretty much what they had last year, Eli is looking shaking in a new offense, and I cant even believe the Eagles think they can win with their WR after letting DJax. I think our offense will be a lot better than 12 & 13 and our D and ST can only get better.

6282.gif

Well, let's see here;

Philadelphia:  Lost their big weapon in Jackson, Foles will likely slump this year trying to adjust, cat's outta the bag on Chip's offense, thus no more surprises.

Dallas: Defenive problems, o-line problems, Tony Lovelace Romo wash rinse repeat, and an owner who is more interested in the cheerleaders' position than his team's.

New York: this is the one that has me wondering. They are the prototypical helter skelter team, because you just don't know what they're about from season to season. One year they could be on fire and the next a dumpster fire.  And to make some ESers here happy, **** Mara.

That leaves Washington. Honestly, throw away the hype and hopes, we have a defense which needs to come together, a special teams group that needs directions to the stadium, an o-line which could be improved but not proven as of yet, a QB who has to show 2013 was truly a sophomore slump, and a fanbase, myself included, who is getting grayer by the day due to the previous year's fiasco, hoping that chapter is closed and a new, fresher one is starting.

Up for grabs? You bet! But it will take an entire team to 'grab' this division, not an individual player.  We do have quite a few good pieces of the puzzle in place, lets see if they're put in the correct positions to make a picture of an NFCE crown.

I think it's safe to say that any of the four teams could win this division.  If we play to our potential, I don't see any of the other 3 teams being any better.  I'm not sold yet on the Eagles and Chip Kelly's offense.  We will see how it works in season 2.  Dallas is Dallas.  The Giants definitely have their problems as well.

My prediction is 10-6 wins the division.

I think it's safe to say that any of the four teams could win this division.  If we play to our potential, I don't see any of the other 3 teams being any better.  I'm not sold yet on the Eagles and Chip Kelly's offense.  We will see how it works in season 2.  Dallas is Dallas.  The Giants definitely have their problems as well.

My prediction is 10-6 wins the division.

Maybe even 9 will do it. There will be no Wild Card teams from the NFCE.

Cowboys will be putrid this year.    I see the Skins being as good as RG3 is, and if he is back to his 2012 form, battling my Eagles for the East.

Well, let's see here;

Philadelphia:  Lost their big weapon in Jackson, Foles will likely slump this year trying to adjust, cat's outta the bag on Chip's offense, thus no more surprises.

Dallas: Defenive problems, o-line problems, Tony Lovelace romoSUCKS wash rinse repeat, and an owner who is more interested in the cheerleaders' position than his team's.

New York: this is the one that has me wondering. They are the prototypical helter skelter team, because you just don't know what they're about from season to season. One year they could be on fire and the next a dumpster fire.  And to make some ESers here happy, **** Mara.

That leaves Washington. Honestly, throw away the hype and hopes, we have a defense which needs to come together, a special teams group that needs directions to the stadium, an o-line which could be improved but not proven as of yet, a QB who has to show 2013 was truly a sophomore slump, and a fanbase, myself included, who is getting grayer by the day due to the previous year's fiasco, hoping that chapter is closed and a new, fresher one is starting.

Up for grabs? You bet! But it will take an entire team to 'grab' this division, not an individual player.  We do have quite a few good pieces of the puzzle in place, lets see if they're put in the correct positions to make a picture of an NFCE crown.

hmm, wasnt the cat out of the bag last Nov-Dec when the Eagles went 7 and 1...then losing by less than a FG to the Saints?   If anything Chip was gaining momentum as the season progressed.

Sure, it might go down as you say, but assuming Chip is a one year wonder and that Nick will regress are hardly sure things.

Yep 9 might be enough. If Dallas had won the season finale in any of the past 3 years, they would've won the division each time at 9-7. Speaking of which, we play Dallas in the season finale this year. Maybe we'll be the ones who get to rip their hearts out this year.......

We did it before. (Fond memories).

This division doesn't have Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers or a dominant defense. It's up for grabs because there are no dominant teams.

Check their regular season records. 

As another poster in this thread said, 9 might be enough. Philly's the favorite, but I wouldn't put big money on them.

Honestly, I'm tired of talking about how we can be players in our sack of trash division.  The NFC Beast is down, sure.  It will be back.

I want to talk about what we're doing to compete with Seattle, San Fran, Denver, New England, etc.  Every time we play an upper echelon team, we get our asses kicked and then we say "well, they're _____ they're like super good".

Sorry, I'm just sick of the "our division sucks so bad we just might sneak in there at 8-8!" talk.  What the **** does it matter if we can't build something that can take us past wild card weekend?

I'm gonna be patient with Griff and Gruden this year.  Haslett can **** off.  He better inspire our boys to climb mountains.  

I thinkl the East is no where near the dominant form it has been but it will not be down for long . Every team has a legitimate hand on the crown and the wooden spoon this year.

Dallas I think as things will pan out have a fantastic offensive line and if they commit to the run could be a force on offense .. But Murrys in ability to stay on the field and the simple fact that is not who they have been lead me to question that. With Bryant and Williams (and Beasley) but I think age is going to catch up to the team with Romos back and at some point Whitten is going to take a step back . Ultimately it is their defense that is going to let them down, I may be wrong, it could be a pleasant surprise but I am not sure they even know who is going to replace Lee this year and in a shakey secondary loosing Sandrick is not going to help.. Also with Linehan in the coaching staff you wonder how long a rope Garrett has...

The Giants seem to be shuffling deck chairs on the titanic - their Achilles will be their offensive line as it has been in recent seasons and there unusually was a lot of change all over the roster . That said it is never a good idea to rule out a Manning and these may be a late blooming team as the offense clicks . Unfortunately I do not see a lot on defense to help them out...

The Eagles are an odd team . In one aspect they have a lot of talent in specific positions but questions elsewhere . But personell is not my issue here, on paper they are talented.... however i do not see Foles being close to his statline last season and I have real concerns about their WRs with Maclin still recovering, and Cooper ailing (and over achieving last season) there will be an awful lot of reliance on the young ones... and of course McCoy... some of which are not even practicing with Foles...  However the main thing that  concerns me is Kelly he may be an offensive genius and time will tell how he does as a coach but his people handling skills seem to be deficient so far. The DeSean Jackson thing is one issue, there are ways to handle that and implying a player is a gang banger is not one of them. Then you have Mathis (i think) being snubbed in getting a rise while money was being flung around to Peters and Cooper.... and I can see their being a conflict between McCoy and Kelly as Shady does have a rep of being a headstrong player like Jackson and if things go badly how long does McCoy have given his contract is up soon.

Then there is us . We failed on every aspect of the game last season -off field distractions will always be there with this team but things like special teams and coaching conflicts and stagnant  offense cannot get much worse right? I will predict there will be bumps in the road but I can see shades of coach Gibbs in Gruden, he is not a micro manager but he is involved and trusts people to be able to do their job. Also there is a fundamental shift from changing from coaches implementing systems to teaching fundamentals... and the concern is maybe this will lead to a more vanilla but consistent O and D. That said I can see us surprising people I think we are going to be a physical run first team with a feast or famine defense but unlike Gibbs 2 I think with RGIII and the pass catchers we have I am not sure we will ever be out of a game, but I am not sure how much we can expect the defense to help us out of holes, and special teams will I imagine be solid but it is not hard to improve on the unit we saw last season.

Lots of changes but I think for the good. As a transitioning team I would normally put us at a disadvantage in the division but I also think things were so bad under the Shanahans change will be just what the doctor ordered - and it is something I do not normally say...

Sorry I was rushing the last post but i hope people get the overall message - anyone can win

While I won't deny that the NFC East is definitely up for grabs, it's shocking how little most of you know about the Giants' moves this offseason. The defensive side of the ball (especially the secondary) has been bolstered multiple times over with DRC/Thurmond/Bowman in addition to Amukamara, Rolle, and Brown. The offensive side has been strengthened as well along the line, which will of course be the crux of this season, and skill positions minus our tight end.

I'm not going to say anyone is a runaway favorite this season, but how some of you just say how terrible the Giants are on both sides of the ball is truly astounding.

Lots of changes does not equal lots of improvements (as Redskins fans should know) . Is Zack Bowman still with the Giants I did not see him on official depth charts but I may have missed him. Bit player - Thurmond I liked but he is a good No.3. and DRC as one of the starting CBs would worry me . DRC plays well when motivated and given the chunk of change thrown his way by NY do we think he will be that shining light ? Demps another off-season addition is a good platoon guy but bolsters the special teams more than anything.

A good secondary works as a complement to a good front - I like Prince and I like JPP (assuming he is healthy) but they are bright spots on a gloomy roster - Mike Patterson and Cullen Jenkins do not strike me as a scary front. JPP may have lots to do this year .

Even then I do think the Giants will struggle because of the other side of the ball.. Schwartz was a steel but J D Walton as a starter ..., really ? He has not been healthy since 2012 and was good but nothing spectacular. Then you have Mosley who is not new to the team but new to starting - three new guys is tough - but you also need to hope Beatty not only gets better (as in recovers from the broken leg) but also gets ... well better . That Offensive line was a huge problem last season and I struggle to see it improving this year given the moves made.

Every team it seems has more questions this season than answers.

Archived