Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor A Football Life Air Date 26 September

Hail Em Up

I enjoyed the documentary, though I wish they would have focused a little more on some of the tackles and hits he made other than the Moorman hit

There are a few tackles he made that I've just never seen anyone make, ever. Like it isn't humanly possible. The tackle of the Bengals RB in the backfield and a tackle of Donovan McNabb in the open field to save a first down come to mind. Just head scratching plays... Too busy wondering how he did it than be impressed

Yeah, that was rough.

They missed out on this, though: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/09/AR2008020902504.html

Don't worry, it's one of the few good Post articles.  Sean, even with that injured knee, went to clean his grandmother's house.  It would've been nice to have had that mentioned.

But that ****ing Giants ad in the bottom right infuriated me the whole time.  Leave it to the NFL Network to **** up something brilliant by the NFL Network.

It was very therapeutic to see little Jackie in the gym, looking like a young athlete in training. She's a pretty young girl and Sean would have been a huge part of her upbringing I'm sure. I remember what a beautiful little baby she was in '07 and I keep that photo of him holding her at Training Camp on my wall for perspective. 

Watched it with my wife earlier. I knew I wouldn't be able to make it, but she lost it too even though she didn't watch football when Sean played.

It was very well done. The whole thing is so tragic. I've never really gotten over it or been as connected to the team as I was after that in some ways, I'm not even sure of. It just feels different. The franchise has been set back quite a bit because of this and still is dealing with the impact of the loss.

As VOR stated above, I was happy to see the media called out, both for their initial treatment of Sean, and in the reaction to his death as well. I didn't expect that I was glad to see a glimpse of the man behind the media headlines and some

of the reasoning behind his actions.

Thank you. Get a life Cliche21. How can you watch that about a man taken away from his daughter and you're pissed about a friggin Giants ad? Damn....

1)  Pretty sure you misinterpreted Boss_Hogg's post and are going to feel like quite the dumbass.

2)  Pretty sure that I've established myself quite well on how I feel about Sean.  Defended him vehemently when many on the board despised him, haven't changed my signature since he died except to acknowledge bubba's passing as well.  Literally any and every post that I make about him is lauding how amazing of a person we got to witness and how badly I feel that many missed out on him while he was alive.

But yeah, let's ignore everything else and make a stupid ass comment like you just did.  After watching that about Sean being taken away.  Please high five yourself for me.

I don't have NFLN but they do have several videos which probably cover a good deal of the show.  Looked very well done, and seemed like an inspirational ending showing his daughter.   Nice to hear again about what a generous, family-oriented man Sean was.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/washington-redskins/0ap3000000397355/A-Football-Life-Sean-Taylor

Thank you. Get a life Cliche21. How can you watch that about a man taken away from his daughter and you're pissed about a friggin Giants ad? Damn....[/quote

I agreed with NC21.

I couldnt read the names of the people talking because the FINDING GIANTS banner was in the way.

Yeah, that was the whole point.  It wasn't that it flashed up once or twice, I could accept that as it is a business, but it was there the WHOLE time.  The WHOLE time, and literally the first person's name that came up was blocked by it.  I met my wife after Sean was taken, and I was eagerly awaiting her watching this so that she could get a glimpse of what I was blessed to watch.  First thing she says?  "Wait, he wasn't on the Giants, why is that there?"  Nothing about the Moorman play it began with, nothing about Sean at all.  Just ****ty, ****ty production.

I can remember a brief interaction I had with Sean in the locker room following the Titans preseason game. He was talking to Pearson Prielou (sp?) and he saw me standing there and immediately looked away making it clear he didn't want to be bothered. I'm sure he didn't know me from anyone in the media and his refusal to talk to the media at that point in his career was well established. I asked Pearson a few questions and on my way out of the locker room I literally bumped into Sean... It was a classic three stooges moment as we both tried to exit the door at the same time.

I was nervous being in the locker room to begin with and I immediately recoiled and said sorry, and for him to go ahead. He stood there and looked at me and backed up as well and said "after you". I said "no, please, go ahead". He simply looked at me, shook his head and smiled. I knew then that he was prepared to stand there for as long as it took, by God I was going through that door first.

I also remember watching him warm up before the game on the field. He was the first one on the field just running like a crazy person catching balls from a backup QB. I didn't think much of it, just figured it was normal for safeties to come out of the tunnel before anyone else and get reps. What the hell did I know... I think it's clear now that Sean was so good because he put in the work others didnt

It's a common theme you always hear about the greats... Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, Dick Butkus, Barry Sanders. The passion and drive to succeed transcends everything... They are better than you because they've worked harder than you and nothing can stop them from working day in and day out. Like they are possessed

I've often said if I were a GM I would find a way to incorporate work ethic into my draft strategy... It really is what separates players at this level. Really awesome of the NFL network to focus on that because I think it might otherwise be lost, and the viewer left simply to think "well I guess he was a talented athlete!" The true story is so much more inspiring,,. Work hard for your dreams

Thank you. Get a life Cliche21. How can you watch that about a man taken away from his daughter and you're pissed about a friggin Giants ad? Damn....

Not sure what you are even talking about to begin with, anyone who watched the documentary had to be frustrated by not being able to read many of the names because of an ad in the lower right corner the whole time... But I digress, this isn't the thread for that kind of posting. Bite your tongue or report a post next time

Great post Andy. Gibbs said it best - some guys are born to play football. Couple that with a chip on your shoulder (and God knows Taylor had that) and an incredible work ethic and you have greatness.

And this is not the thread to post petty complaints about the 2014 team for those taking the opportunity to do that.

Great post Andy. Gibbs said it best - some guys are born to play football. Couple that with a chip on your shoulder (and God knows Taylor had that) and an incredible work ethic and you have greatness.

And this is not the thread to post petty complaints about the 2014 team for those dong that.

I had some great company for that game, wish we could do it again!

And this is not the thread to post petty complaints about the 2014 team for those dong that.

I don't know if the people who are bringing up today's team understood what we had from 2004 - 2007.  No, there was no Super Bowl, but that was one hell of a time to be a fan, and it was all centered around Sean.  It began with him and it literally died with him.

Sean was touted as a linebacker playing safety who could cover like a corner.  He was the best of EVERYTHING on that side of the ball.  The best part was that his football talent wasn't even his best part.  He wasn't a saint, no one is, but he always put his family first.  When Jackie was born, he CHOSE to get on a path that is unbelievably difficult to take.  He was just starting to guide his ship away from the storm when five lightning bolts took him away from us, and more importantly, his family.

Those who only speak of him for his play and how it compares to today's team just either are too new to this team or weren't paying attention.

I believe it was '07 that I came close to getting his autograph at training camp. I had been previous years and always wanted his sig. He came right over to the area I was standing, and I just froze like a statue. Lol. That's a normal reaction for a teenager when their hero is 7-8 feet away right? 

Just remember him reaching mainly for items from kids that had their arms extended to him.

Ok. I watched it and never recognized a Giants banner. But yea this isn't the time nor place for something this petty. My bad

Who cares, man?  You were defending Sean first and foremost.  Can't blame you for that in the least, and I'm glad that he has you in his corner.  

Worst part is we shouldn't be having this conversation at all.  There should be no documentary at all.

He should be here getting ready to make the Legion of Boom look like the Legion of Poon. . tang, and more importantly, be showing his daughter how a real man learns from a loss and ALWAYS gets back up.

Archived