Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wash Post: Kentucky teen gets burned after mimicking ‘fire challenge’

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/07/29/kentucky-teen-gets-burned-after-mimicking-fire-challenge-he-saw-online/?tid=hp_mm

The gallon challenge. The cinnamon challenge. That crazy salt-and-ice challenge. Some are potentially more dangerous than others, but the latest — the fire challenge — has many people worried.

A Lexington, Ky., teen is recovering from second-degree burns after pouring rubbing alcohol on his skin and setting himself ablaze, imitating “fire challenge” videos on Facebook and YouTube.

“I just poured alcohol on it, and lit it, and it just automatically went and burst,” the 15-year-old told WKYT-TV. Then he told CBS Cleveland, “Literally after it got put out it was already blistering, it’s just hard.”

Goddamn kids are stupid nowadays. I was his age just six years. Never even thought of trying any dumb **** like this.

This videos are popping up everywhere. If you can stomach one, watch how smiley and happy they are beforehand. Unreal man.

Eh, kids have always been dumb. It's just the manner that changes. I mean I was her age in the 90's and we did our fair share of dumb ****. Hell I personally have scars to remind me. Then, for example, in the 50's they played chicken. And I'm positive you could go back to the beginning of time and find dumb **** from teens then. I do wonder if the Internets makes it more widespread though.

And I'm positive you could go back to the beginning of time and find dumb **** from teens then. I do wonder if the Internets makes it more widespread though.

Thank you for the mental image of a cavekid taunting a sabertooth!  Awesome

When they coined the term, It's all fun and games till someone puts an eye out, they weren't just whistling dixie.  It was bb gun, bottle rocket and roman candle wars when I was a kid.  That and jumping our bikes on ridiculous ramps.  Still, I have to say we were smarter than this bunch.  Fire and electricity should scare the bejesus out of you the first time you experience them.

Eh, kids have always been dumb. It's just the manner that changes. I mean I was her age in the 90's and we did our fair share of dumb ****. Hell I personally have scars to remind me. Then, for example, in the 50's they played chicken. And I'm positive you could go back to the beginning of time and find dumb **** from teens then. I do wonder if the Internets makes it more widespread though.

Anyone that looks back on a well spent childhood should be at least little surprised they managed to survive it. By 15 though a person is normally smart enough to avoid the obvious dangers like setting themselves on fire intentionally.

Sadly enough, I remember doing this as kids back around when I was 13-15 years old (so 1988-1990).  I personally never did it.  But one of my friends did.  I left, and one of the younger kids in the neighborhood (like 8-9 years old) wanted to try it, burned his hand.  Not bad, but burned.  His older brother beat the **** out of my friend lol.

lol.

i swear, i was going to post this based on the title.

nicey done. :D

X3!

I agree that all kids are stoopid. It just comes with the territory. However if someone had suggested I burn myself with some sort of accelerant back then I would have just looked at him like he was crazy. Strangely enough, this is a generation of kids raised with car seats and bike helmets. I guess they're just trying to make up for the thrills they didn't get by other means.

Maybe. Or maybe it's the same and tthe internet just lets the rest of us can watch.

It does, but it also proliferates the ideas faster and wider so more people can do stupid stuff and hurt themselves. Just search for fail videos on Youtube.

Archived