Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FA: *TJAX*Davis, Clingan, RJ, McCoy, DJ, RC, McGlynn, EJ, Moore, Jordan, BMeri, Rogers, Hatcher, Geathers, Sharpton, Porter, Hayward, Lauvao, Roberts

DC9

:lol:  :lol: I love you lil' bro, but just because you jump out of planes and can kill a guy with two fingers that's no reason to diss the mighty Mr Axe to THAT extent!

*BTW, I can kill a man with two fingers too I'll have you know. But mine would be wrapped around a gun so it kind of loses the effect.  :(

Hail. 

I didn't say they shouldn't be respected or that they aren't good dudes or aren't at least as good as Army Rangers (sometimes)... but some of the movies that I've seen in the last couple of years... I have first hand knowledge of a couple of those bits and it's hilarious how A-Team they've made them. :lol:

Okay, looks like we are in on Donald Penn and Ryan Clark.

Let's get these two knocked out.

That paired with Weeden signing with the Cowboys would make for a fantastic day.

If DY can take reps at TE I'm okay with that. But having 2 of your 3 TEs in the frail category is not a healthy decision.

DY probably needs to be a TE to make the roster.

For all the flack that Shanahan got for stubbornly following his "system" and not being flexible, I'd be amazingly disappointed if the new guys come in and basically ignore a top 3 fullback in the league with a proven running game simply because his system didn't previously utilize a full back a lot.

I'm excited that we're about to get Penn signed. Our front line should be light years ahead of last year's. It would be awesome to see us sign Owen Daniels and Ryan Clark. I'm liking how free agency has turned out for the most part. Is anybody else not really worried if Jared Allen goes to the Cowboys? Seems to me age is getting up with him and even still we have Trent Williams who will lock him down.

I'm a little worried that the Cowgirls got Weeden though. We better hope Romo never gets hurt, in fact, he could lose his starting job this summer to Weeds. Cowgirls are back

For all the flack that Shanahan got for stubbornly following his "system" and not being flexible, I'd be amazingly disappointed if the new guys come in and basically ignore a top 3 fullback in the league with a proven running game simply because his system didn't previously utilize a full back a lot.

I would too but I've floated it a lot and I still think DY has a heck of a fight on hands to make the 53. 

Which would be a REAL shame as he's one of the hardest working ballers we have on the books. 

Hail. 

Hypothetical. We sign Ryan Clark and Donald Penn. The 34th pick rolls around and Calvin Pryor, Kelvin Benjamin and Zach Martin are there. Who do you pick?

I'd rank my preference as follows:  Pryor, Benjamin, Martin.  Having said that, I really love what Benjamin has to offer us, so I could be persuaded.  Thing is, there are more big receivers to draw from, such as Bryant and Moncrief.  After Dix and Pryor, there aren't any can't miss safeties. 

Hypothetical. We sign Ryan Clark and Donald Penn. The 34th pick rolls around and Calvin Pryor, Kelvin Benjamin and Zach Martin are there. Who do you pick?

I say Calvin Pryor. I don't think he'll fall to the 2nd round, but if he does happen to I don't think that's somebody we should pass on. Plus if we get Ryan Clark it's probably a 1 or 2 year deal to be a stopgap. I like Benjamin but not sure if we should waste our 1st pick on him anymore.

This from PCin Oz from Cpnd.

Here's Porters breakdown from Keim:

Porter received a $2 million bonus for signing with Washington.

Base salary: $1.25 million 
Cap hit: $2.8 million 
Note: Porter will receive a roster bonus of $15,625 for each game he is active, up to a maximum of $250,000. He also has likely to be earned incentives of $300,000. 

Base salary: $2.25 million 
Cap hit: $3.8 million 
Note: Porter will receive a roster bonus of $15,625 for each game he is active, up to a maximum of $250,000. He also has likely to be earned incentives of $300,000.

Is anybody else not really worried if Jared Allen goes to the Cowboys? Seems to me age is getting up with him and even still we have Trent Williams who will lock him down.

I'll never forget the look on Jared Allen's face when RG3 raced past him for the first time. Such bewilderment.

I think adding Penn will be huge for right tackle.

I hope Bruce keeps a plan to budget for a long term deal for Trent Williams

That, a new OG, and potentially another with Gettis (if the staff is confident that he can take that spot in the summer) frees up A LOT of possibilities come draft time.

Clark won't be here for long, assuming he signs at all. I'm going to have to say Pryor.

Niles Paul had only 4 catches for 51 yards last year.   
Paulsen on the other hand had 28 Receiptions, 14 starts, 267 yards, a long of 33 and 3 Touchdowns.

Jordan Reid started 4 games... was 45 for 499 Yards, 3 Touchdowns, and one 18 yard rushing attempt apparently.

Fred Davis had 3 Starts, 7 Receptions for 70 yards and a single Touchdown.

Oh and wasn't it NIles who was doing kick returns at one point in the year, and failing to get to the 20?

That's a big step though.  One back offenses are specifically designed to do certain things.  Changing one piece takes away from something else.

But I agree, he needs to find a way to make it work with DY.

Some of you guys need to hit refresh on your shtick! I swear I don't understand the hate for Paul. All the guy does is show up for work and do what he's told. In the process, he keeps his nose clean, backs-up multiple positions and excels on ST. He's the epitome of someone you want on the back end of the roster.

Alexander never got treated this way and (positions aside), was virtually an identical, multi-purpose player and he was held in high regard! Difference is, Zo was around for Gibbs 2.0, so I guess that makes it okay. Paul was drafted by Shanahan and therefore guilty by association.

Sad...

Zo could actually play, niles has been a major let down. I love niles on special teams but unfortunately that's all he can do right now which is mind boggling because he's an EX WR but he struggles mightily at catching the football. lol

One more thing on Darrell Young.  If he's not a fit here.  I have to wonder if some other team would trade a late round pick for him.  Guy is a heck of a blocker, and not a bad runner.  In fact, what if he got promoted to RB instead of FB and we ran him some more?

I'll be happy if we don't sign Clark. Guy is in it for the showbiz now. I'm all but certain he would not want to injury his pretty little face or get his skull rung as he fancies himself a mediot. Although everything I hear him say seems fabricated and calculated, and not very interesting at that. Further, he does it with an air as if he was 2 time DPOY or something. Has he ever even made a pro bowl.

Pass on Clark for me. Would like Penn if he's as good as most of you think. I would rather see a younger Clemmons in a show me type deal.

Give Clark the Penn so we can be Owen them some cash.

That's so much better than the Gross Porti John backfield we had in Shanny's first FA... (Grossman, Portis, Johnson).

Won't happen, but DY was a pretty dang tough lil' LB coming out. 

Hail. 

I already asked, no plans to let him play over there as of right now.

Archived