Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Offense Is So Close To Being A Juggernaut

Warhead36

Despite the loss, I'm not overly upset because the offensive core we have is quite good. RG3, Morris, Helu(who should get more touches), Young, Williams, Garcon, and Reed. There might only be a couple of teams in the league I'd trade places with offensively. This is of course assuming the read option and RG3 as a run threat remain staples, and that RG3 stays healthy. The remainder of the year should be all about setting up the offense to be dominant in the future.

We just need one more piece: another WR. Specifically, a speedy explosive gamebreaker. Garcon is a good #1 overall WR and Hank is a solid complimentary possession guy. Reed is a matchup nightmare at TE. We just need that one more piece. We don't have that on the roster right now. I think Shanny wants Robinson to be that guy but he just isn't consistent enough. Moss was that guy 10 years ago but he's not anymore. Morgan...LOL that guy is trash and should have been cut yesterday.

If we can add this piece in the draft or FA, this offense would really skyrocket and could be a legit 28-30 PPG offense.

And I'm actually seeing people blame Griff for the loss. My Lord. 

I dont. but Skins fans get like this when Im sure 95% or more of the fan base just knew this was a win at the begining of the second half. And they just fart it away in such a inept terrible manner for all to see. This is really bad man.

We showed glimpses of what we could be with our core.  But the fact remains our entire team revolves around the success of 3 people on offense, Morris, RG3, and Garcon.  You are right when you say we need another explosive receiver, because I don't think RG3 trusts anyone except Garcon and Reed.

But we have always done that, we have always shown glimpses of success.  We have always had 2 quarters of flat out domination only to sputter out suddenly. 

Consistency is what deteremines success, you can't be good sometimes.  As bad as the defense played we still scored 3 in the 2nd half when we could have closed it out.  Good teams close out, while we have never been able to do that.  The only person we can rely on is Morris, he always does well for the most part and the rest we never know what we will get and when it will be gone.

Consistency is what we need above all else.  And its the worst thing to lack, because I'm not sure how we go about obtaining it.

The question is, do you stay with the same staff. 

Because there's a REAL chance of 10 not staying beyond his rookie contract if you do. 

Hail. 

I don't mind the offensive staff. I like Kyle. His play design gets guys open and I think he's done a real good job in designing an offense around RG3's strengths. He gets a little too pass happy at times but I think that's just him playing chess and trying to counter the adjustments the opponent makes.

We showed glimpses of what we could be with our core.  But the fact remains our entire team revolves around the success of 3 people on offense, Morris, RG3, and Garcon.  You are right when you say we need another explosive receiver, because I don't think RG3 trusts anyone except Garcon and Reed.

But we have always done that, we have always shown glimpses of success.  We have always had 2 quarters of flat out domination only to sputter out suddenly. 

Consistency is what deteremines success, you can't be good sometimes.  As bad as the defense played we still scored 3 in the 2nd half when we could have closed it out.  Good teams close out, while we have never been able to do that.  The only person we can rely on is Morris, he always does well for the most part and the rest we never know what we will get and when it will be gone.

Consistency is what we need above all else.  And its the worst thing to lack, because I'm not sure how we go about obtaining it.

No doubt, but consistency is bred over time. The offense will go as RG3 goes, and as time goes on he'll (hopefully)get better and better.

I don't mind the offensive staff. I like Kyle. His play design gets guys open and I think he's done a real good job in designing an offense around RG3's strengths. He gets a little too pass happy at times but I think that's just him playing chess and trying to counter the adjustments the opponent makes.

So the next question would be does the on going, wildly reported tension and dislike between QB and HC extend to QB and OC?

Hail. 

Upgrade the line and shuffle some dead weight out of the receiving corps and we'll be set. In general, this is a solid offense personnel-wise.

As far as making adjustments go, it's one of the worst. And I think we all know who to blame for that.

I agree with Bacon.  Some additional beef on the Oline....maybe ones that can actually block in pass pro in addition to run the ZBS.  Roll out Robert more on teams that can get penetration like Minn. 

If we made adjustments on O, then they were the wrong ones.

Another receiver as well, please.  What happened to Hank in the second half????

Kyle Shanahan is probably the most bittersweet OC in the league.  His actual offense is very good, if not great. Some of the formations, and whys he gets guys wide open is amazing.

On the other hand, his playcaling of his own offense can be downright troubling at times.  You often see him for no reason just decide to go away from aspects that are working (the running game).

Up 13 going into the second half, the running game basically disappeared, and what made it worse is that the Vikings recognized this and started overwhelming the O-line up the middle and no adjustments were made.

Kyle needs to do a better job of sticking with what is working and stop getting "cute" on offense just for the sake of trying out something different.  

He basically single handedly gave new life to the Vikings pass rush by that was absent earlier in the game.

The question is, do you stay with the same staff. 

Because there's a REAL chance of 10 not staying beyond his rookie contract if you do. 

Hail. 

Do you think he is in Snyder's office tomorrow giving feedback on the coaching, much like Portis with Zorn?

Do you think he is in Snyder's office tomorrow giving feedback on the coaching, much like Portis with Zorn?

That's a whole other thing again. 

We know he has a special relationship with the owner. We know, naturally, that pisses the HC off. 

IF he has the ear and influence of the owner ala the bad days of lil' Danny with CP like you mentioned and others, then we are in even more **** than we are already. 

Hail. 

Kyle gets way too much blame on here.  Our defense is historically awful.  This team is hard to watch.

This goes for EVERYONE on the team. When you're 3-6, AGAIN, NOBODY is beyond blame. Each unit deserves criticism. Some admittedly more than others. But the offense second half is FAR from beyond reproach. 

Hail. 

Kyle Shanahan is probably the most bittersweet OC in the league.  His actual offense is very good, if not great. Some of the formations, and whys he gets guys wide open is amazing.

On the other hand, his playcaling of his own offense can be downright troubling at times.  You often see him for no reason just decide to go away from aspects that are working (the running game).

Up 13 going into the second half, the running game basically disappeared, and what made it worse is that the Vikings recognized this and started overwhelming the O-line up the middle and no adjustments were made.

Kyle needs to do a better job of sticking with what is working and stop getting "cute" on offense just for the sake of trying out something different.  

He basically single handedly gave new life to the Vikings pass rush by that was absent earlier in the game.

I agree that the play calling sucks, but getting guys open is important.  Unfortunately, our QB zones in on one guy and doesn't see the field.  This works when the defense is pathetic, like the Vikings.  However, take a look at the poor lob pass to Morgan on the sideline from Griffin today.  He looked that way, never made a second read, and decided to throw a danger pass to the sideline.  Meanwhile, he had Reed over the top down the middle wide open.  Every game the announcers point out a wide open receiver he missed.  While I agree we need to run more in the second half, we also need a QB who sees the field and RG3 is not it.  I honestly think we should see what Cousins has after our 8th loss, when it is all but decided that the year is over.  Otherwise, we continue to blindly commit to a player that is a great athlete and an awesome human being, but a so-so NFL quarterback.

While I agree we need to run more in the second half, we also need a QB who sees the field and RG3 is not it.  I honestly think we should see what Cousins has after our 8th loss, when it is all but decided that the year is over.  Otherwise, we continue to blindly commit to a player that is a great athlete and an awesome human being, but a so-so NFL quarterback.

Ugh, I thought the one positive of this game would be the lack of blame Robert took.

He's coming back from surgery and had three great games out of the last four. We have bigger fish to fry.

Archived