Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 16: Donald Trumps wins Presidency. God Help us all!

88Comrade2000

doh, i suppose :(

to be clear to everyone... i think that it was standard practice BEFORE Hillary to purposely maintain two accounts, so you could keep all your dicey email on an account that didn;t need to be shared.... which is easily worse than what Clinton is accused of doing.

I'm not a foreign policy guru. I realized that not too long ago ;)

So as dumb dude on the couch, I fail to see how things were anything close to 'competent' while she was in her position.

The handling of Russia has been... interesting and incomplete. Everything else appears to be a disaster.

I think you are expecting a little too much from a Secretary of State if you think that she could have controlled the Arab Spring, much less the subsequent backlash against it by the military elites in the Middle East.   We don't have that kind of omnipotence.  Nor could she just stop Putin from being Putin by waiving our hands, or make Netanyahu and the Palestinians kiss and make up for good just by wishing it so.       

Clinton and Obama did a ton to repair our standing in the world after the disaster of the Iraq invasion, with both friends and old foes.  We are much more trusted and respected in Berlin and Paris and Seoul and Rome and Buenos Aires and Prague and Johannesburg and so on.   Look at the shift in numbers from 2007, near the end of the Bush Presidency, to 2013, at the end of Clinton's time at State.  Clinton played a huge role in that, and it matters.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/other/u-s-soars-world-popularity-charts-post-iraq-will-it-f6C10878886

No one remembers things like Clinton playing the intermediary for the opening up of Burma from its military dictatorship, or the way she knitted together the international sanctions that finally brought Iran to the negotiation table over its nuke ambitions.   She was the strongest proponent in the White House in favor of the Bin Laden raid.   Overall, she did a very good job.   

She also logged the most "official" foreign travel of any SoS.  She definitely enjoyed the best of all worlds.  That house of cards isn't on my high list of people I want as President.

WTF?   That may be the dumbest criticism you have ever made.  

What was she doing?

She was being a diplomat, and travelling around smoothing over the post-Iraq anger toward us in a hundred countries around the world.   That face to face diplomacy was exactly what we needed, and she did it more than any SoS in history.   

WTF?   That may be the dumbest criticism you have ever made.  

She was being a diplomat, and travelling around smoothing over the post-Iraq anger toward us in a hundred countries around the world.   That face to face diplomacy was exactly what we needed, and she did it more than any SoS in history.   

Well quite a few of the locations in her travels didn't really need any "smoothing" over.  No biggie, It wasn't really a "criticism" it's more of a talking point.  You guys sure get sensitive.

Gotta keep adding folks to this elections clown car.  Dem's better roll out someone soon or you might being watching the inauguration of Trump.

I thought y'all said the Republican party was dead.  Kinda looks like both parties are beat.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/09/14/mark-cuban-i-could-beat-trump-and-clinton.html?__source=xfinity|mod&par=xfinity

In an email exchange with CNBC, Cuban revealed his thoughts on the presidency, how he'd structure his campaign and what it would mean for the nation to have, in his words, a "three-comma POTUS—as in $1,000,000,000.

Asked whether he'd ever run for president, Cuban wrote: "I get asked every day. It's a fun idea to toss around. If I ran as a Dem, I know I could beat Hillary Clinton. And if it was me vs. Trump, I would crush him. No doubt about it."

I think Mark Cuban is way off base. Not a single Republican would ever vote for a Cuban. Smoke 'em maybe, but vote? No way!

Oh, and the birthers which are about 40% of the GOP based on polls asking Republicans if Obama was born in America would be absolutely sure someone named Cuban couldn't be born here.

I think you are expecting a little too much from a Secretary of State if you think that she could have controlled the Arab Spring, much less the subsequent backlash against it by the military elites in the Middle East.    

Control it? No, you're right.

I would expect them to understand it.

The kicker is that I actually think she did understand it, and chose to lie to us to protect her party's election (among other things). But I've been told I'm a complete idiot (by many people here) for believing that, so that only really leaves not understanding it as a reasonable option.

So yeah, I expect her to at least understand it. Maybe then we can discuss doing something about it. We got a ways to go before she fixes anything...

As for the rest of it, we're so far out of what I know that whether I agree or disagree with what you say is irrelevant.

(not a slant on you, it's a slant on me)

She also logged the most "official" foreign travel of any SoS. She definitely enjoyed the best of all worlds. That house of cards isn't on my high list of people I want as President.

You're attacking the SecState, because she traveled a lot?

Maybe you should stick to Judicial Watch conspiracy theories.

Actually, that's the thing that still bugs me about email-gate. My understanding that every Secretary of State up to Clinton all used their own email and did exactly what she did. She's just the one being attacked for it because it's politically convenient.

I get it on one level, but on another I don't. I mean I wouldn't think SoS is a punch the clock kind of job. I would think that she would be on call 24 hours a day. More than that, for weeks and months at a time she was in a foreign country. Does that mean that during all that time she'd be in an email blackout?

Is no one ever allowed to text her should an emergency come up that demands her attention or that she needs to be immediately aware of?

No. She's the only one who defied a White House regulation put in place to prevent it from happening. And made her subordinates use govt emails.

No. She's the only one who defied a White House regulation put in place to prevent it from happening. And made her subordinates use govt emails.

Which speaks to her arrogance, and shows for a certainty that she was planning to run for President all along.   

Doesn't matter, the glory that is Hillary is undimmed to the faithful.

This is good news. Do people still think Bernie has no chance?

Just reporting the daily updates. Here is one from Huffington Post for ya

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/h-a-goodman/25-reasons-im-voting-for-bernie-sanders_b_8132184.html 25 Reasons I'm Voting for Bernie Sanders Over Hillary Clinton and the GOP Nominee

This is a good summary of reasons to vote for Bernie, for those interested in why you keep seeing more people on the Bernie bandwagon.

Or we can keep bickering about candidates that are terrible by comparison.

"attacking"?  lol  You guys really are protective of Hillary.

lol.   It's just kind of funny to have someone post a story indicating that Donald Trump murdered 17 Nuns with a Chainsaw 

and have you pop right up with a "Boy let me repeat that Hillary is terrible everyone hates her amitrite?"  

This is good news. Do people still think Bernie has no chance?

Sadly, yes.  

Which speaks to her arrogance, and shows for a certainty that she was planning to run for President all along.

Exactly. If the GOP was smart, and they aren't, there would just let this be nothing more than that. A verification of a serious character flaw.

Making it MORE than that makes her a sympathetic figure

Exactly. If the GOP was smart, and they aren't, there would just let this be nothing more than that. A verification of a serious character flaw.

Not sure it makes her sympathetic.  (She makes it hard.) 

But it sure does push the "Oh, those Republicans.  They've been throwing two year old temper tantrums since the day they lost the White House" buttons. 

Just leave it at "Why does a person set up their own email server, in their home, for their work email?" 

(Cause frankly, there's only one honest answer, and it's obvious.) 

Careful.   Now you too are an official Tailgate Hillary Sycophant.  

Look, can't you just be politically unbiased like chipwich?  Just admit that Hillary is the worst person on Earth and all the libs are lying, hypocritical sheep.   Then you too can call yourself an independent.   :)  

Careful. Now you too are an official Tailgate Hillary Sycophant.

Look, can't you just be politically unbiased like chipwich? Just admit that Hillary is the worst person on Earth and all the libs are lying, hypocritical sheep. Then you too can call yourself an independent. :)

I tried. Their sweatshirts were too itchy

Careful.   Now you too are an official Tailgate Hillary Sycophant.  

Look, can't you just be politically unbiased like chipwich?  Just admit that Hillary is the worst person on Earth and all the libs are lying, hypocritical sheep.   Then you too can call yourself an independent.   :)  

Like I said in an earlier post, if I didn't help out in this campaign-to-expose-hillarys-emails thread and post about Hillary it would go unrecorded on ES.  Just trying to balance out the ad nausea Donald Trump posts.  I am an equal opportunity employer, I call this clown show like it is.

In other news, what better way as a last gasp effort to save her nomination than this?  Sure am glad she has advisers, they actually helped her for once.  :lol:  That darn Constitution always getting in the way.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/14/politics/hillary-clinton-bill-clinton-vice-president/index.html

Hillary Clinton said the idea of picking her husband -- former President Bill Clinton -- as vice president had "crossed her mind," but has been advised it would be unconstitutional.

Do people still think Bernie has no chance?

Bernie has no chance.

And that has nothing to do with Bernie, how good of a person he is or isn't, or how good of a president he is or isn't.

Up to 20,000 Expected at Dallas Donald Trump Rally, Plus Protesters

what's he paying them? is it by the hour?

Bernie has no chance.

And that has nothing to do with Bernie, how good of a person he is or isn't, or how good of a president he is or isn't.

When you are running second/first to Hillary and your own party wants Al Gore, or Joe Biden, or other retreads, it's a bad sign.  The Democratic party is really "progressive".  Change we can believe in.

Meanwhile the rich love the party.  Top 1% is prospering.

Archived