Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 16: Donald Trumps wins Presidency. God Help us all!

88Comrade2000

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/10/okeefe-strikes-again-undercover-video-purports-to-show-hillary-campaign-violating-election-law/

An undercover video published Thursday by James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas purports to show Nevada-based Hillary Clinton campaign staffers and volunteers ignoring andknowingly violating Nevada’s voter registration laws. Moreover, the video appears to showthat this conduct is being condoned and encouraged by a local attorney who works for theClinton campaign. <rest at link>

Yeah, really shocking. :rolleyes:

Agreed.

We have undercover video which reveals that workers in Hillary's campaign offices are campaigning for Hillary.

Fortunately for the rich folk, under Obama the top 1% are getting richer at record rates.

I was going to observe that once again, you've conveniently forgotten to provide any support at all for your grandiose claims, and ask you to provide some.

But I'm thinking about it, and the more I think about it, the more I conclude that I'd be really, seriously, shocked if atat claim wasn't true, at least by some measures. 

When Obama took office, we were in the process of the second biggest economic collapse in our nation's history. 

And everything I've read says that when things like this happen: 

1)  The very rich are the people who lose the most. 

2)  And they're the people who get back what they lost, the quickest. 

Look what happened to the stock market, during the collapse, I think the Dow lost half of it's total value.  It's not hard to see the Warren Buffets of the world losing half of their total net worth, in a period of a few months. 

But, that stock market also got back everything it lost.  Rather quickly. 

Joe Average didn't lose half of his net worth.  But he didn't get back everything he lost in a year or two, either. 

So, yeah, I would not be at all surprised if your claim is true, at least by some measures. 

CNN announced the lineup for the 2 debates on Wed: 9/16.  Poor Gilmore; didn't even get invited.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-primaries/253337-fiorina-officially-makes-cut-for-main-debate-stage

I think Gilmore and all those people in the undercard debate need to drop out.  This time, I think I will watch the main debate only. I only watched the undercard last time; because I was curious about Carly.

Agreed.

We have undercover video which reveals that workers in Hillary's campaign offices are campaigning for Hillary.

According to the video, it is a felony in the state of Nevada for anyone involved in the voter registration process to “solicit a vote for or against a particular question or candidate; speak to a voter on the subject of marking his or her ballot for or against a particular question or candidate.”  

The video appears to show that numerous Hillary Clinton campaign staffers are well aware of the law. Nevertheless, the video shows them laughing at the law and repeatedly bragging about violating it by promoting Hillary Clinton verbally and with campaign literature as they attempt to register potential voters

The Project Veritas video further appears to show that the Clinton campaign staff solicits voter registration in close proximity to state offices, which may also violate Nevada law

According to the video, when the attorney in question, identified as Christina Gupana, was told about this alleged lawbreaking, she advised the staffers to, “Do whatever you can. Whatever you can get away with, just do it, until you get kicked out like totally.”

More than one staffer says that the campaign’s motto towards these laws is “Ask for forgiveness, not for permission.”

Yep, just "supporting the candidate". :rolleyes:  or should it be  -_- 

Yep, just "supporting the candidate". :rolleyes: or should it be  -_-

You're right.

All political organizations are forbidden from registering voters.

Maybe they should contract voter registration out to ACORN.

(Oh wait. They got demonized by an "undercover sting" that falsely accused them of committing a whole bunch of felonies. Whatever happened to that guy, anyway?)

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2015/images/09/10/demsclinton.pdf

Lot's of info that is terrifying Clinton and starting to (according to Check Todd this am) scare the donors.

The most important number-

Registered Voters

Women

Clinton-50

Bush-49

Registered Voters

Women

Biden-57

Bush-41

Hillary is sunk if those numbers are accurate. 

In fact, those are absolutely mind boggling numbers.  They absolutely destroy the idea that Clinton has some sort of ground swell among women demanding she be the candidate because they want the first women POTUS.  I think women hater her.  Even those that support her don't like her.

NYT: (Op Ed?) Jeb Bush’s Tax Plan Is a Large Tax Cut for the Wealthiest

In recent weeks, Donald Trump has torn up the usual Republican script on taxes. He has called for tax cuts for the middle class while complaining of “outrageous” tax breaks for multimillionaires, especially hedge fund managers. 

On Wednesday, Jeb Bush joined Mr. Trump by issuing a tax plan that ends certain tax breaks for hedge fund managers. But aside from that detail, Mr. Bush’s plan stays very much on script for Republican tax plans: It cuts taxes for almost everyone who pays income tax, with by far the largest tax cuts at the top. 

According to an analysis by The New York Times, Mr. Bush’s tax plan would reduce the effective income tax rate on filers making $10 million or more per year to approximately 21 percent, down from 26 percent in 2013, the most recent year for which data are available. The average taxpayer in this group earned $29.2 million in 2013, meaning the plan proposed by Mr. Bush would have saved them an average of $1.5 million that year.

There's actually a lot more to the article than just what will happen to Jed Clampett.  For example, I think it says Jeb's plan would supposedly lower taxes on pretty much anybody.  (Including a really nifty quote from an economist at the American Enterprise Institute, saying that the tax cuts won't really stimulate the economy, but if they pay for the tax cuts by gutting entitlements, then that would be really great..) 

And I thought I saw that they had a companion article, where they had a tool that would let you fool around with the tax plans for all of the candidates.  But I'm not seeing it, now. 

I hate to be an agist..but Biden is 72 (and would be 74 by the time he took office).

If the Presidency prematurely ages people (as evidenced by how fast the last 3-4 Presidents have aged in office) - I'm not sure Joe would last until the 2nd term. 

The Dems really needed to have a youth movement this election, especially in light of how Hillary has continued to shoot herself in the foot (by the way - I still think she has plenty of time to get away from this downward spiral - even more so if the RNC is stuck with an albatross of a fringe candidate).

Scott Walker plunges in the polls in Iowa

Trump and Carson are sucking up all the oxygen. Walker never had a chance. Bush I think is playing smart and laying low like Clinton. No use worrying about poll numbers if you have the campaign in place to make it to spring. 

Joe Biden Opens Up to Stephen Colbert About His 2016 Doubts

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/biden-colbert-not-yet-ready-commit-2016-n425396

I was going to post the same info from another site. OT, but I have missed Colbert's first shows so far, dammit. And in the piece I was going to post, it said he (Colbert) was not going to be "neutral" about the election or politics as a host, but would speak more from his personal POVs when being serious. 

Im not sure it's completely accurate to compare what's happening with Hillary to what's happening with Jeb.

But honestly, right now I'm not even HALFWAY sure of what's happening with any of it.

Fascinating.  So many story lines.

You're probably right. Jeb has to be more out there than Hillary right now. She can take all the damage right now because of the others in her primary. Jeb probably has a harder path and has to talk about Trump and always deal with Rubio or Cruz or Paul. Good point. 

You're probably right. Jeb has to be more out there than Hillary right now. She can take all the damage right now because of the others in her primary. Jeb probably has a harder path and has to talk about Trump and always deal with Rubio or Cruz or Paul. Good point. 

It's very strange.  If I was advising either of them, I'd be telling them to do the exact opposite of what they are currently doing.

If Trump is still going strong Nov 1, Jeb may have missed his chance.  But if he goes on the total offense now, he risks damaging his own status and thus opening up for Kasich or Rubio to be the savior.

Hillary has the sword of Biden hanging over her head.   So she cant really attack him yet, because he's not even running.  So she really has no choice but to play defense all the time.

What Hillary should be doing is focusing on her agenda for the next Presidency and laying out some clear plans that might pique the interest of voters.  Her attacks on any candidate are unbecoming.  She isn't a like-able person and has a reputation of a bully.  She doesn't come off well dancing on tv shows like Ellen, it looks fake and forced.  Her advisers also need to stop dressing her in Little Boy Blue/Old Mother Hubbard attire and make her look a little friendlier.  I am not a Hillary fan, but I feel sorry for how bad her advisers have helped her along the way.

Other candidates can attack each other because, for the most part, they aren't disliked by their own party like Hillary.

What Hillary should be doing is focusing on her agenda for the next Presidency and laying out some clear plans that might pique the interest of voters.  Her attacks on any candidate are unbecoming.  She isn't a like-able person and has a reputation of a bully.  She doesn't come off well dancing on tv shows like Ellen, it looks fake and forced.  Her advisers also need to stop dressing her in Little Boy Blue/Old Mother Hubbard attire and make her look a little friendlier.  I am not a Hillary fan, but I feel sorry for how bad her advisers have helped her along the way.

Other candidates can attack each other because, for the most part, they aren't disliked by their own party like Hillary.

I agree.  But instead of talking about what she will do, she too often spends her time talking about why what someone else will do is bad.

I wonder if her campaign spends anytime trying to understand WHY people don't like her.  Or if they only spend time trying to figure out how to combat that fact.   It even comes across in her apologies.  She says things like "IT was a mistake"  Instead of "I made a mistake"  So she ends up not getting the full benefit of what the apology could have done for her.

Totally agree with this. If she is trying to appeal to the 18-29 demog, she is failing. Most of these folks (myself included) do not consume their info from network news. I know it seems silly, but Trump & Sanders are the frontrunners of social media/reddit/internet presence in general... and whether or not that equates to actual votes remains to be seen.

I've honestly yet to see a trending article or nugget regarding Hillary's policies, or her solutions to strengthen the middle class, fix the economy, etc etc.

OTOH, Bernie, for instance, seems to only ever talk about and echo concrete issues and solutions to problems that the majority of Americans are facing. It comes off as 100% more genuine, to me at least.

I just don't see how she can win the hearts & minds of voters like Obama did, or her hubby. Maybe I'm in my own little bubble, I don't know.

The more I think about it, I think Biden is just setting things up to be Plan B.  He's laying everything for a late entry in January/February; after it's clear Hillary is toast.  I don't think his heart is really in it and he's still getting over his son's death. He will only run if things get worse for Hillary and it's clear Dems need a savior.

He was on Late Show last night.

http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/09/11/439448899/on-colbert-an-emotional-biden-still-doesnt-sound-like-a-candidate

Part 1 of Interview:

https://youtu.be/opVaEC_WxWs

Part 2 of Interview:

https://youtu.be/XwmMPytjrK4

More on the (very few) tax proposals from the various candidates. 

Tax Foundation:  Comparing the 2016 Presidential Tax Reform Proposals

Not much there, since it appears that so far, only four candidates have actually even made any tax proposals.  But they promise that they'll update the page as candidates make more promises. 

And a much longer look at Jeb's proposals

Tax Foundation:  Details and Analysis of Governor Jeb Bush’s Tax Plan

Now, note:  I use the Tax Foundation as a source, a lot.  But I use them because they reprint data on income taxes, that come from the IRS.  I don't really care if they have an agenda, when they're simply quoting what the IRS says. 

However, I will note that their analysis of Jeb's tax proposal 

1)  Says absolutely nothing about how to pay for it.

2)  And apparently uses their special economic model, to conclude that Jeb's plan will cause GDP to grow by 10%, a 7% increase in wages (which they explain by saying that lower taxes on wages will make Americans work more), and a 30% growth in capital investment. 

And I have to confess that I'm rather skeptical of proposals that tell me that "Well, I'm going to hand out huge tax cuts, without bothering to pay for them, but I've got this prediction that says they will lead to magical economic growth, which will fix everything". 

So, I'm not sure I buy all of their predictions.  But I still think it's worth reading.  (And they do include some of the "static modeling" impacts, too, which I assume are much harder to fudge.) 

Did Huckabee really just claim that the Dred Scott decision is the law of the land still for his defense of why Kim Davis should be allowed to discriminate?

Wha???

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/huckabee-dred-scott-still-the-law-the-land

Just shows you where his head and his wishes are.

I agree, but candidates rarely do this, esp. not so early.

Once you put a plan out there, esp. one with specifics you can be beat up. It gives your opponents something to bite into. Other than Trump's wall, I don't think I've heard many specifics at all yet. I wish it wasn't this way, but they almost never talk policy until near the end unless they're an underdog. 

Archived