Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Untold History of the United States by Oliver Stone.  I binged the whole thing in a day, and a lot of it is aware of, I disn't know how many of our presidents in 20th century were racist.  Im gonna look to see how many governments we really overthrow in favor dictators support g our interests.  Makes the second gulf was against hussein even more out of place, like bush jus needed a list of boogie many before Obama lead way with drone attacks all attacks round the world without really declaring war on anyone

Reza Aslan's new series 'Believer" (a CNN series) looks very interesting from clips I've seen. It appears they will be exploring several interesting inter-related themes, going well beyond the "this is featured just because it's so weird to us" stuff, though that part looks educational and fun too.

Powered through 6 episodes of Luke Cage.  Love it so far, a lot more action than Jessica Jones.  The black detective chick, MY GAWD :o

15 top critics have now chimed in on STARZ "The Missing," and it is still at 100% on Rotten.  Far as I can tell, no a single ES'er watches The Missing, and that hurts my feelings :(  what a great friggin show.  3 episodes in and it's just as strong as Season 1.  

Finished Season 1of LOVE in Netflix, Apatow is a comedic genius.  Season 2 drops next week.  We can't get enough 

The Magicians is a little slow but decent, 5 episodes in.

@youngchew

Its cause it's on Starz.  There is a HUGE problem with the network.  They don't package it with tiers of service.  It's like HBO where you have to get it on its own.  It doesn't come with the most expensive package on Fios and I'd assume it's like that everywhere else.  Meanwhile, I get Showtime, Cinemax and Epix with my top tier subscription.  I pay for HBO cause it's the tits.  I pay for Netflix cause it's the tits.  Amazon is the tits.  Starz... not the tits.

The network is doing itself a huge disservice by not packaging in like Showtime, Cinemax, etc.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Starz... not the tits.

LOL.  I was unaware of that, STARZ not being a package deal with another premium channel.

It has some good shows:  Missing, Outlander, Power, TGE.  and they've got some new ones coming American Gods, the White Princess.  But it's definitely the weakest of all premium channels outside of TMC, in honestly not sure why we still subscribe to it.

9 minutes ago, visionary said:

i got a couple of seasons of Outlander on Amazon video at some point.

Did you like It?  We love Outlander.  Catarina Balfe :o

6 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Mahershala hasn't missed in a long time, one of the best things going in Hollywood right now

Worst part of Moonlight was not enough Mahershala LOL. 

3 minutes ago, youngchew said:

Did you like It?  We love Outlander.  Catarina Balfe :o

I like it, but I've mainly been watching an episode or two at a time with my mom when I visit my parents or vice versa.  She likes it a lot (big Jamie fan, lol) and she's read the book series.

• Like 1

jeebus...just saw santa clarita diet 1st episode...not at all what i expected at all....thot it was gonna be some sitcom and it would be interesting to see olyphant do that right after justified... and am a big fan of drew too....but it was so gross :ols: not sure i want to see episode 2

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

jeebus...just saw santa clarita diet 1st episode...not at all what i expected at all....thot it was gonna be some sitcom and it would be interesting to see olyphant do that right after justified... and am a big fan of drew too....but it was so gross :ols: not sure i want to see episode 2

LOL  I looked it up before watching, because it looked weird but interesting.  Didn't mind it too much, but it was gross.  Episode too I thought was a lot funnier, but still gross.  

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, visionary said:

She likes it a lot (big Jamie fan, lol) and she's read the book series.

Ugh, Jamie.  Every time he's on screen, the wife ooohhhs and ahhhhs.  Big sexy ****.  

21 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

..but it was so gross :ols: not sure i want to see episode 2

Dude, it was so bad lol.  The entire season is gross, but that first scene with Drew is about as bad as it gets.  The opening epi made me gag.  And that never happens to me lol.

12 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Season 5 of The Americans starts on Tuesday night.  I know you guys are sleeping on it.  

Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't seen any promos. Thankfully the DVR was already set to record it.

Just now, Corcaigh said:

Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't seen any promos. Thankfully the DVR was already set to record it.

Hadn't seen any promos, either.  They've got this season and one more after, IIRC, to wrap it all up.  I think **** really hits the fan this season with Stan catching on.

Season 2 of Love on Netflix dropped yesterday!  Woot!

One episode left of Luke Cage.  Great friggn' show.  

Spoiler

Super bummed about Cottonmouth getting rocked off, he was my favorite part of the show.  But Diamonback is one mean mother ****er!  The actor is from DC.

The Crown is pretty good so far, only 2 episodes in.  

Kinda late, but we finally finished season 2 of Transparent on Amazon.  Such a good show, mandatory viewing.  Kathryn Hahn is one of the funniest women alive.  

Love how Black Mirror is a bunch of stand alone stories, you can just watch an episode whenever.  One of my faves right now.