Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Has anyone watched The Followers?  A Fox series that is a season in.

I assume you are talking about the Following. Really enjoyed it at first. I am fascinated with serial killers and I like Kevin Bacon, but halfway through the first season I started getting really bored with it. I just wanted it to be over. I finished the first season, but I am not going to start the second.

My guess is it is gone after this season. I would recommend skipping it.

I assume you are talking about the Following. Really enjoyed it at first. I am fascinated with serial killers and I like Kevin Bacon, but halfway through the first season I started getting really bored with it. I just wanted it to be over. I finished the first season, but I am not going to start the second.

My guess is it is gone after this season. I would recommend skipping it.

Have you seen Dexter?  Is it just too slow moving?

Wire on Netflix? I'd love to watch it.

I was hoping it would be but I just did a search and it doesn't look like it is unfortunately.  I've heard a lot of great things.

Have you seen Dexter?  Is it just too slow moving?

Yes, I love Dexter. Very interesting and I don't consider it slow moving. It is one of my favorites. I am near the end of season 7 and there really was only one season I didn't enjoy that much and I think that was season 5. It wasn't horrible, just not up to standard.

I will say that it took me about 6 episodes to start to appreciate it. But then I was hooked. He is the perfect serial killer.

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

i am currently watching the following (all with my wife)... with varying degrees of frequency and enthusiam:

i should note that the ONLY tv i watched for like a decade was the wire and the sopranos (both awesome!)...so i am catching up on some stuff that most saw loooong ago

the best (not in any order)

Sherlock  (love it)

Game of thrones (love it)

arrested deveopment

really good

breaking bad (but I haven't gotten far into it, and it is on hiatus until we finish one of the other dramas)

downton Abbey (i liked it a lot the first season..it slowed down a little bit after that for me)

mad men (his daughter steals every scene she is in, in my opinion)

battlestar gallactica (many many flaws...but i still like it :) )

freaks and geeks

the office

and with my kids i sometimes watch

batman beyond, and the 90s animated version of batman.... they are both really good, i think :)

Yes, I love Dexter. Very interesting and I don't consider it slow moving. It is one of my favorites. I am near the end of season 7 and there really was only one season I didn't enjoy that much and I think that was season 5. It wasn't horrible, just not up to standard.

I will say that it took me about 6 episodes to start to appreciate it. But then I was hooked. He is the perfect serial killer.

Sorry, meant for the slow moving question to be about The Following. 

But yes, Dexter is great.  The wife and I have watched Breaking Bad, Prison Break and Dexter all back to back.  I need another that is in line with those styles and can compare - only got half a season left of Dexter so need to find one quick haha

Sherlock is good but that **** is too long. 90 minutes damn

I was like Yessss okay I know about Soo Lin yessssss Come on already When will this end :(

It's good but long

And yes, We can get S3 of Luther here online through unauthorized means. I have too much to watch at this point with Sherlock to watch Luther. It's nice, though, to see Sherlock S1 and 2 on Netflix. Because I need that Netflix closed captioning. 

Edited by ixcuincle

After breezing through this thread, I really need to check out Breaking Bad. Presently watching my wife's pick, Scandal. Actually pretty decent. All time favs:

The West Wing. Best everything, including strongest cast ever assembled.

The Wire, one of the only series to end as well as it started.

24, strong through season 4. Jumps the shark in 5 though and downgrades from great to good.

The Shield, best pilot ever. Although I suggest to pretend the show stops at season 4. 5-7 Goes from average to terrible.

Lost, Amazing through five seasons, then it jumps, literally to the ridiculous. Still angry at this show for killing off my two favorite characters.

The Sopranos, Love the cast here as well. Jumped the shark and ended at the same time.

There are some great recommendations in this thread, but does anyone have anything funny to recommend? I liked 30 Rock, Seinfeld, How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, Key and Peele etc.... I really don't like Parks and Rec, although I really like, Aubrey Plaza. I only watched the first season and found it dull. Same with Office Space.

I heard Community is good, but they don't have it on Netflix.

It's back next Tuesday here and I'm counting down the hours already.

Is Joe dead or not? Man, the teasers are driving me nuts lol. Brilliantly written and acted show. Absolutely hooked. 

Hail.

I think the actors are great, but the show stumbled it's way through the first season, well, in my opinion. I thought it was a bit boring, but it did receive favorable ratings. I read somewhere that they thought about cancelling it, but the ratings were too good. So it is back for at least one more season.

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

There are some great recommendations in this thread, but does anyone have anything funny to recommend? I liked 30 Rock, Seinfeld, How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, Key and Peele etc.... I really don't like Parks and Rec, although I really like, Aubrey Plaza. I only watched the first season and found it dull. Same with Office Space.

Modern Family is my favorite comedy these days.  Only one I watch.

Archer is pretty funny (if offensive most of the time, lol), I've been watching a lot of that with my brother lately on Netflix. 

Justified is fairly funny too, though it's more of a crime/drama/action show with lots of humor than a straight up comedy.

Another pretty funny (and somewhat offensive) show that I like is House of Lies.

Edited by visionary

• 2 weeks later...

Justified is fairly funny too, though it's more of a crime/drama/action show with lots of humor than a straight up comedy.

Cool, I didn't know there was any kind of humor in Justified. I have been wanting to watch it, but keep putting it off.

I love Archer. I wouldn't mind a three way with Cheryl and Lana. Well, umm.. that is just creepy.

I've said it before...join the clone club and watch Orphan Black before season 2 starts in the Spring.

Hell, watch it for the sole reason to see how Tatiana Maslany pulls off playing 5+ different roles so convincingly.

I just recently finished Orphan Black. OMG, soooo good. And Tatiana Maslany is AMAZING. I love her.

Im thinking of starting Lost from episode one.

If I had one wish, it would be to erase my memory of Lost so I could watch it all over again from episode one.