Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Dan Snyder buys 224-foot “super” yacht

youlivnlearn

How nice does it feel for it to be 4 weeks into the NFL season, and this is the only news we've really gotten regarding what Snyder's latest billionaire foray is.

Don't wake me from the dream!

Takes up less space too.

Moves better too

The title makes it seem as though Dan Snyder bought it by himself and many here seem to think it's just a plaything for him. In reality he bought it as part of an investment group. Will he spend time on it? Probably, but I'm sure mostly he and his partners will be chartering it out to recoup some of their money. Although in a down economy you would think luxury yachting might not be the best investment. But that's his problem.

That's one magnificent vessel! My first call would be to Fred Smoot to line up the ho's and pop some Cristal!! He knows how to do it up right! And it's definitely a better investment than Haynesworthless as it will depreciate at a much slower pace and costs less to fill it up too!

How nice does it feel for it to be 4 weeks into the NFL season, and this is the only news we've really gotten regarding what Snyder's latest billionaire foray is.
:yes: My first thought was similar: if this his how he's making news, that's fine :)

The title makes it seem as though Dan Snyder bought it by himself and many here seem to think it's just a plaything for him. In reality he bought it as part of an investment group. Will he spend time on it? Probably, but I'm sure mostly he and his partners will be chartering it out to recoup some of their money. Although in a down economy you would think luxury yachting might not be the best investment. But that's his problem.

I think the economy is fine for those in the "charter a yacht" pay class.

That said, the guy owns one of the most profitable sports teams in the World, buying a used yacht with his partners is hardly news worthy.

That said, the guy owns one of the most profitable sports teams in the World, buying a used yacht with his partners is hardly news worthy.

The poor bastid, a USED yacht??!? He'll be clippin' coupons next, "Buy One wide receiver, get the second one half off!"

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Dan-Snyder-paid-around-70-million-for-a-224-foo?urn=nfl-wp8713

I usually dislike reading Chris Chase's stuff on yahoo but this was hilarious...

Among its many other features:

1. Looks great from March to August, then fails to perform from September to January.

2. Can be replaced every three years by another yacht that will seem much better than the previous yacht, yet will quickly fall out of favor when another, even better, yacht becomes available.

3. Has an on-board courtroom to help pursue frivolous lawsuits at sea.

4. Includes a kid-sized bed so Tom Cruise will have a place to sleep when he visits.

5. The crew of 18 includes a manager named Danny. He cannot be fired for any reason, even if his crew repeatedly spills wine on guests, botches meal service and blocks the back of the boat during smoke breaks.

6. At $8.75, beers are a bargain.

7. Needs to be docked 10 miles away from Washington, D.C., in the middle of nowhere at a nondescript location with not enough parking and too few roads to handle the crush of passengers.

8. Won't be as big as the yacht Jerry Jones inevitably purchases.

http://dcist.com/2011/10/dan_snyders_on_a_boat.php

This should come as no surprise considering Smoot is back in town..

.After suffering so much public humiliation during his utter failure of a lawsuit against the Washington City Paper, one can understand R******* owner Dan Snyder needing to lick his wounds. Now, he can do so on a 224-foot superyacht!

Last night, the Post reported the news that Snyder had dropped around $70 million on "The Lady Anne," one of the largest and "most beautiful" yachts in the world. "Despite all the multimillionaires in the nation’s capital," notes Reliable Source, "few have yachts — and none with the extravagant luxury of the Lady Anne":

The Lady Anne “epitomizes opulent modern living,” boasts Burgess Yachts, the London-based company that offers charters on the boat, on its Web site. “A magnificent spiralling five-storey staircase leads you to the spacious decks, be it the comfort of the main salon, the fabulously appointed theatre room or the light and airy upper salon for a pre-dinner ****tail.” The master suite has “rare, pure white triple A-grade Thassos marble.” The yacht features a library, gym and six staterooms that can accommodate 16 people (not counting the crew of 18).

contd at above link

"Somali pirates...Somali pirates...oh please please please Somali pirates! " :ols::ols::ols: ...from the comments after article

Archived