Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Nah,  I gotta disagree. Canelo put in the bodywork. He was killing the body. GGG didn't change much up. Begged for Canelo to go toe to toe and didn't take advantage of his so called power advantage.  It could have been a draw or Split Decision to Canelo in my book. Tired of the HBO hype train. Lampley is blind, loud and wrong constantly. And Lederman is hot garbage. I never trust his scores. The right guy won. GGG is a punk for leaving the ring and not interviewing with Max.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Hooper said:

They robbed GGG. Great fight, but the business is behind Alvarez and it’s embarrassing to watch. 

I swear I wanted to mute HBO at multiple times during the fight.  GGG would land a combo and Canelo would counter with 1 punch and I swear they were announcing Zues firing off a lightning bolt at GGG.  It was ridiculous.  And you had Kellerman trying to force feed us how Canelo "creating a story" for the fight would get him the win.  Eh, no....look at the stats and when they were taking place.

Just now, ksun247 said:

The right guy won.

Any judge that did not give GGG the 12th round needs their head examined, and as it turns out, two of the judges giving Canelo the 12th is what kept this one from being another draw.  SHOCKING.

115-113 is a perfectly acceptable score for either fighter

I scored it that way for GGG

nobody was robbed

really surprised Canelo actually followed through with standing in front of GGG. Either GGG's power is slipping or Canelo has the best chin in boxing

also, I'm not really interested in a 3rd match between the two. GGG is still elite no doubt, but he is clearly declining. I suspect a 3rd fight would be a more clearly defined Canelo decision victory

I'd rather see Canelo & GGG face the Charlo brothers or Canelo against Danny Jacobs

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I'd rather see Canelo & GGG face the Charlo brothers or Canelo against Danny Jacobs

Man, I wish they would do that. But politics are gonna come into play with the Charlo's. Jacob's fight can be made if he gets past Deverenchenko. 

2 minutes ago, ksun247 said:

Man, I wish they would do that. But politics are gonna come into play with the Charlo's. Jacob's fight can be made if he gets past Deverenchenko. 

one of the Charlo's stays in trouble out of the ring, that might matter more than the politics

the winner of Billy Joe Saunders/Demetrious Andrade should be in the mix as well. Middleweight is healthy right now

• Like 1

Alvarez was basically out on his feet late in the fight. Which was insane because I thought GGG was done after round 6. Again, great fight but there’s a vested interest in keeping Alvarez as the champ and it was embarrassing how everybody at HBO embraced it tonight. 

• Like 1

The saddest part is that people were predicting that if it went to scorecards, there was no way GGG would win the fight. May not be robbery, but boxing is a joke. I used to love this sport but it's predictably rigged. I'd be good if they did away with judges and scored the fights based on punches landed in some formula. 

2 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Alvarez was basically out on his feet late in the fight. Which was insane because I thought GGG was done after round 6. Again, great fight but there’s a vested interest in keeping Alvarez as the champ and it was embarrassing how everybody at HBO embraced it tonight. 

Boxing is only about the money. Nothing else. 

8 hours ago, Hooper said:

Alvarez as the champ and it was embarrassing how everybody at HBO embraced it tonight. 

Huh? This is probably his last HBO fight.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing/la-sp-boxing-notes-20180914-story.html

FTR, I thought Canelo won. Triple G came on late but I thought Canelo controlled the fight until late.

Also Triple G wasn’t really hurting Canelo much and was tired from those body shots.

Was a great fight tho.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Huh? This is probably his last HBO fight.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing/la-sp-boxing-notes-20180914-story.html

FTR, I thought Canelo won. Triple G came on late but I thought Canelo controlled the fight until late.

Also Triple G wasn’t really hurting Canelo much and was tired from those body shots.

Was a great fight tho.

Kellerman in particular was pretty bad last night. Its like he saw something in the first round and built the narrative of the fight around it, despite what was actually going on.

HBO commentary has always been a mess, they have the guy they want to win and it shows in the commentary. Goes back decades really

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

HBO commentary has always been a mess, they have the guy they want to win and it shows in the commentary. Goes back decades really

It’s primarily Lampley. I have no idea how he has slid into the role as a boxing expert when he has zero idea what he is talking about most of the time.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin
  • Like 1

Will definitely be a third fight. But GGG will be 37.

On a related note, about a month ago I heard from a solid source that Floyd Mayweather was having money problems. Didn't pay taxes, other dumb crap. 

And now he's fighting Manny again. 

Hilarious.