Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

On 11/10/2018 at 6:46 PM, StillUnknown said:

Oleksandr Usyk is a damned savage

ko of the year type ****

so much high end talent boxing right now, i'm enjoying these years so much

What channels are these fights on? In general. 

2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Showtime/Espn/fox/fox sports

Streaming is the new thing tho. Espn+ has a bunch of cards and DAZN is putting on a ton of good cards.

I've fallen off lately (sooo much **** going on) but I did catch Crawford-Benavidez awhile back.

Was a good fight up until like the 6th, then Benavidez got swept rest of the way, and caught some massive shots and was TKO'd (really he was dropping his hands, talking ****, basically saying "Please knock me out" for like 4 rounds prior so he finally got the pickup after being put on hold).

I agree though. Boxing is in a good place. Just wish I had more time for it.

DAZN has a decent card this weekend. 2-time Olympic Gold Medalist Clarissa Shields is fighting. So much trash talk between her and her opponent Hannah Rankin. Shields has been sparring guys and giving them the business. Plus, Gabe Rosado vs Luis Arias. Bad blood between these two guys also. Big Baby Miller is headlining vs some undefeated Romanian guy. BAM BAM Rios is also on the card. 

I am all for streaming services, but HBO & Showtime have been such a staple for Boxing since I was a kid.  You pretty much always knew right where to go for the fights every weekend. Mix in a little ESPN or USA network Tuesday night fights and you were set.

I don't like the trend of having to hunt down where to find fights all the time, but I am sure I will adjust to it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It's def an adjustment, but a necessary one.  This is the road back. Supply/demand. That model was no longer gonna work with the way mma has been wrecking everything, and the way HBO's programming has been deteriorating 

MMA plateaued some time ago. they haven't been doing nearly the amount of business they did 3 or 4 years ago. They struck gold with McGregor, but outside of him, they don't really sell PPV's like they used to. Boxing is in a much better place than MMA right now IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

MMA plateaued some time ago. they haven't been doing nearly the amount of business they did 3 or 4 years ago. They struck gold with McGregor, but outside of him, they don't really sell PPV's like they used to. Boxing is in a much better place than MMA right now IMO.

Finally! ?

• 3 weeks later...

Wilder vs. Tyson Fury tonight

Really hoping Wilder wins, but I don't think it will be easy. Tyson Fury is a headcase and has not seen high level competition in a very long time. That said, he is skillful and more importantly, he does not mind making a fight boring if it works for him. For a man of his size, he's not a devastating puncher, but he has a level of craft that Wilder has not quite seen yet. Wilder will need to be disciplined tonight, if he's working purely on emotion, it will work against him. Been a while since Fury has been hit with anything real, so Wilder could kill him with a good right hand. I would much rather see Wilder/Joshua than Fury/Joshua so I'm hoping Wilder connects. Picking Wilder by late round (t)ko.

• Like 2

Fury will box and make it difficult for Wilder early on. Think he'll probably be leading on the cards until the BOOM! Probably 8th or 9th round KO for Wilder. Still laugh at the gif of Fury punching himself in the face. 😂🤣😂 But if Cunningham can drop him with a decent shot, no way he withstands a solid right from Wilder.

This is a decent list of names on this card tonight. Wish the undercard was televised. 

Got Stevenson by KO on the Showtime broadcast. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

Wilder better hope Fury can't maintain that herky jerky pace for 12rds

its completely throwing off Wilder's timing. he's guessing with his shots instead of aiming them.

the power will be there if he connects, but Fury is frustrating him so far

This is how I envisioned Fury actually winning this bout. He's just too difficult to square off on. Wilder has made his career on smaller or slower guys who couldn't make him work hard. He's got big talent and a big shot but Fury is cagy and troublesome.

BTW I'm not watching (I'm on the UFC card) but would love to catch round by round updates here.

1 minute ago, Chachie said:

This is how I envisioned Fury actually winning this bout. He's just too difficult to square off on. Wilder has made his career on smaller or slower guys who couldn't make him work hard. He's got big talent and a big shot but Fury is cagy and troublesome.

BTW I'm not watching (I'm on the UFC card) but would love to catch round by round updates here.

i didn't expect Fury to be as sharp as he is given his troubles outside of the ring, if he keeps it up, he should win a wide decision

I have him up 4-1 after 5

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

i don't see a way for Wilder to win on the cards

12th round coming up, he's gotta stop Tyson or hope for a robbery

There's no way this is close on the cards.  Then again... boxing.

edit:  Wilder almost did it.  I thought he had him but Fury got back up.  Excellent fight!