Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Can't offer much advice there. I don't drink enough to get drunk and alter the times in which I take my meds, and I usually won't even drink anything like fruit punch while I'm on it.

I always carve out a week per year (usually when my friends and I go to the beach [didn't happen this year]) where I get piss drunk and am off meds for 6-7 days. Other than that I don't do much more than a glass of red wine.

Ya, its rare i go to bar to catch up with folks (was looking for your answer in particular , honestly ).  I've always felt safer smoking weed, and doctors i had lately now are fine with that, though im stopping to be eligible for a clearance now.

I imagine that week being interesting : ) i go a day without one of them i notice (i know at least one we both take, but that can be taken off the air)

Just now, Renegade7 said:

All three can't be skipped and work on building up in the body to a certain level.  I've been told a couple hours prior, but they cause drowsiness (why i can't take them in the morning)

cool, that makes sense why they advise to not take with alcohol as alcohol can increase drowsiness.  Reminded me of a time when I went to get retested for allergies and the doctor gave me an option of switching over to a new medication.  Probably a year before my appointment, one of my co-workers had told me she was on that medication and how bad it messed her up.

She said that when she took it, it knocked her out to the point she could hardly wake up in the mornings and her head was foggy, etc. and that she had to get off of it.  I remember looking it up and read the package insert and it said to not take with alcohol.  Fast forward, I tell this story to my allergy doc and he was like, you won't die if you take it together or after drinking, just would sleep a lot :ols:

@Dont Taze Me Bro ya, with mine it not only makes it worse it negates its effectiveness if i say take the meds with alcohol same time.  Couple hours prior hasn't been too much of an issue, never know how long ill be up when i got out like that.

But taking all of them in the AM never works, not a thing i can do about, no amount of caffinee, splash of water, i left work early yesterday to work remote and give myself more time to come to because i feel asleep learning python previous night before taking them.  I hate when that happens.

For me seroquel already works like that, though I've adjusted. Like getting hit with a tranquilizer. Definitely one of those where you truly do not want to be driving or operating machinery.

If I take it on time everything is fine the next day, but if I take it like 2-3 hours late, I'll definitely feel like I haven't slept in about 20 years.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

For me seroquel already works like that, though I've adjusted. Like getting hit with a tranquilizer. Definitely one of those where you truly do not want to be driving or operating machinery.

If I take it on time everything is fine the next day, but if I take it like 2-3 hours late, I'll definitely feel like I haven't slept in about 20 years.

Yep, that's the one, Depakote ain't much better (together, forget it). 

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Yep, that's the one, Depakote ain't much better (together, forget it). 

I remember being so out of it one day from a migraine that I wanted to knock myself out from the pain. Took two doses and I might as well have blasted off to the moon. Couldn't feel anything when I got up like 15 hrs later. Whole body was numb for a bit before it wore off.

Been killing that Fingers station today

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Took two doses and I might as well have blasted off to the moon. 

GratefulGrizzledAmericangoldfinch-small.gif.953e1457d0d37e59b0a38592e41e13f4.gif

Maaaaaan, i take 500mg, my mom takes 1000. She's convinced they are trying to sedate her out of doing anything stupid that might hurt her, i all but confirmed this last time i went to doctor with her (doctors aren't pushing aren't pushing to make things like mood stabilizers non-drowsy because its essentially an extra layer of safety).  We pushed to find a way to take more of her meds that cause drowsiness at night, so when she does its like clockwork them time until she goes upstairs.

.So looking around Anacostia as I was discussing, area around the Anacostia metro station.  Area between the station and water isn't cleaned up yet, but going down Suitland Pkwy they definitely ripping property and building new stuff.  Got down to the safeway at Alabama ave, nothing new, and good hope rd back up to 295 looking at people outside and cars parked.  Nope, I don't know whos in those apartments on suitland, but gentrification hasn't really touched that particular area around the metro yet. It's still around $1000 to get a studio walking distance to metro, that's only place id stay over there and don't really like it.

Archived