Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Random Breaking Bad question.  In the final season sixth episode "Buyout," at the end Mike was going to sell all the meth to Declan, Walt steals it.  Mike is about to shoot Walt and Jesse said that Walt has a plan to get all three of them money while letting Walt keep the methylamine.  Jesse said he wanted to quit, so I assume the plan involved getting him money.  But then when Walt talks to Declan he mentions $5 million for Mike but nothing for Jesse.  I just wonder why Jesse agreed to the plan if it didn't involve him getting money.

I guess it isn't that important but the show usually does a good job showing things and piecing plots together, but that didn't make sense to me.  I suppose Walt could've just lied, but he didn't have $5 million to give Jesse.  And I know he wanted Jesse to keep cooking with him.

Amazing show by the way, best I've ever watched.  I also don't know why Mike told Walt, "we had a good thing," right before Walt shot him.  It wasn't a good thing actually, Walt was going to be killed by Gus. 

I said something about myself being woke in one of the political threads last week. About being woke is a struggle. I was just joking but it got me thinking afterward. I see more and more people saying that **** online. So I got to reflecting: Am I woke? And my answer? I don't ****ing know and I really don't care. I just am. I care about being a good person. I care about being an honest person. I care about being smart, learning from my mistakes, treating people right, being nice, always being fair, so on and so forth. I don't care about being "woke". 

People that really, truly understand life, truly understand people, truly know how the game is played, etc will never, ever seriously say that they're "woke" or that they took the "red pill" or whatever dumb ****. Truly woke people don't announce it. It's not a light that just switches on. It's a lifetime that builds the person. Not ****ing Milo tweets or 4chan or even a single experience (real talk, too often we let trauma define who we are). Truly woke people don't say that ****. They just are. 

The other conclusion could be that I'm just an unwoke ****. Oh well. 

I swear I genuinely hate the Internet. 

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

Random Breaking Bad question.  In the final season sixth episode "Buyout," at the end Mike was going to sell all the meth to Declan, Walt steals it.  Mike is about to shoot Walt and Jesse said that Walt has a plan to get all three of them money while letting Walt keep the methylamine.  Jesse said he wanted to quit, so I assume the plan involved getting him money.  But then when Walt talks to Declan he mentions $5 million for Mike but nothing for Jesse.  I just wonder why Jesse agreed to the plan if it didn't involve him getting money.

I guess it isn't that important but the show usually does a good job showing things and piecing plots together, but that didn't make sense to me.  I suppose Walt could've just lied, but he didn't have $5 million to give Jesse.  And I know he wanted Jesse to keep cooking with him.

Amazing show by the way, best I've ever watched.  I also don't know why Mike told Walt, "we had a good thing," right before Walt shot him.  It wasn't a good thing actually, Walt was going to be killed by Gus. 

I think I remember what you're talking about. I think Jesse's motivation was to save Walt's life. I might be talking out of my ass. 

And yes, it's a great show. Top 3 or 4 all time in my book. I think The Wire is definitely better but that's no slight to BB. 

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

I think I remember what you're talking about. I think Jesse's motivation was to save Walt's life. I might be talking out of my ass. 

And yes, it's a great show. Top 3 or 4 all time in my book. I think The Wire is definitely better but that's no slight to BB. 

3 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Mike told Walt, "we had a good thing" in respect to the operation they had running before Walt showed up and got involved.  Gus's operation was so airtight, they'd have never been discovered.  It ran like clockwork.

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

Meh. She reminds me of every grown woman I'm related.

That's what makes her so sexy, IMO.  She's not knock your socks off, drop dead gorgeous.  Christina Milian is just "regular pretty."  She's supposed to be really humble and down to earth, too.  Does a lot of charity work and keeps to herself.  

cm.jpg

Just got back from taking RG to the vet...she's gotten so fat she can't clean her butt anymore, and throws the biggest hissyfit when I try to do it...I know it sounds funny, but they're gonna have to put her in "twilight" to do it, and that makes me nervous.  I'm gonna be worried all day.:(

2 minutes ago, mark327 said:

Sure are.  Odds are your not going to hit it. :kickcan:

The only odds that change are that more than one person will hit the lottery. 

But, would you rather split 700M 3 ways or 30M 3 ways ? 

2 dollar wager. Either way it is not so horrible. 

3 number lottery is 1000 to 1. That is the reason why the payout is 500 bucks. 4 number is 10k to 1... 5000 buck payout. 

If someone took the time and had the millions of dollars to wager on the lottery...They could win every week.  ~$292,201,338  is a lot to wager to only win 30M though. 

25 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Hey, math isn't my strength. I need a calculator to do calculate.

You are not that old. Clearly intelligent. I think you are pulling my leg. Or simply never thought about it. 

I made a wager with my grandmother forever ago. 50 bucks. 

She refused to believe that there are only 1000 ways to with the straight number 3 digit. 111 only comes up once if you count to a thousand. 

She took out a legal pad and started numbers from 000 to 999. Bless her heart, she got to about 570 or so and started to think about it. 

Easiest 50 bucks I have ever made. 

When gambling. Know the odds. Sometimes even bet against them ( but expect to lose). Folks made a lot of money when the Raiders beat the Redskins. Folks won a lot of money when the Red Sox beat the Yankees. etc. 

17 minutes ago, c slag said:

Anybody in here ever get put in Facebook jail or had accounts disabled 

Not personally. I have know a few that have. 

As long as you are ...not a complete idiot...you can stay. 

You act a complete fool on top of it. Nothing can save you. 

I hope you are not on the idiot side. Wait is it the foolish side ? 

Archived