Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Predict who the Redskins select at #51

RWJ

Shanahan pre-draft presser live right now at redskins.com, that should help any predictions. He already has mentioned "team needs". :)

I don't know TSO. He normally holds his cards close to his chest.:)

Shanahan pre-draft presser live right now at redskins.com, that should help any predictions. He already has mentioned "team needs". :)

So look for Shannahan to do the opposite of what he is telling us... or maybe that is just what he wants us to think. Or maybe he wants us to think that... never mind.

I don't know TSO. He normally holds his cards close to his chest.:)

I'd agree, but LL as well as a few others have shown recently that he's actually pretty transparent when it comes to the draft. Surprising, I know. But I guess, in a sense, that is playing a game since he knows he has the reputation of deception, lol. By telling the truth he is tricking them by default.

Swearinger, Wheaton, Banks, or Slay (or, very unlikely, Reid).

If you twist my arm to pick one, I'll go Wheaton, since I think we have a plan for FS in the works (we met with Corey a few days back), and they've talked about the draft being deep. If Wheaton is there, his resume is almost too good and perfectly in line with what Shanahan likes to not be the pick. Also, Swearinger might disappear off the boards before we go, word is the Jets were interested. If Banks goes off the board too, I'd take Wheaton over Slay.

Of course, when we actually pick it'll be a Spanish Inquisition pick, in that no one will expect it.

I can't wait for Friday night lol. I dont even know Shanny wasn't even mentioning db's when talking about positions of need. He was more interested in saying then need help at wr or te. Probably nothing but could be something. I'll just go with the popular choice of Swearinger, with secret hopes of it being Terrance Williams.

Just listening to Shanny I think they may target big play WRs just as high as a big need position like DB. More speed would be great, though.

Agreed. One of Green Bay's best draft philosophies is that they're constantly reloading their WR crops with young blood and fresh talent, giving Rodgers as many weapons as possible.

We certainly aren't at a point where we could definitively say we're set at WR. We saw what our offense could do with an explosive guy like Garcon. Imagine if we added another.

WR - Terrance Williams, Baylor

Even after playing well with RGIII in 2011, Williams is a 6-2 WR with 4.48 speed, who went on to have 97 receptions last year, and led the nation with almost 1900 yards and an 18.9 yards per reception average. He's also a good blocker. When Garcon was out of the lineup last year, the offense sputtered. Williams will take over as starter in 2014 for Josh Morgan and give us two deep threats.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/WR/Terrance-Williams.php

Agreed. One of Green Bay's best draft philosophies is that they're constantly reloading their WR crops with young blood and fresh talent, giving Rodgers as many weapons as possible.

We certainly aren't at a point where we could definitively say we're set at WR. We saw what our offense could do with an explosive guy like Garcon. Imagine if we added another.

I've actually been thinking about the possibility of taking a WR with our 2nd rounder. I think if Robert Woods fell to us in the 2nd round he would be a steal. I don't know if he'll fall that far though.

I also would hope to be able to pick up Rambo in the 3rd if that was indeed our first pick. Prob wishful thinking though.

Archived