Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MSZ: Fox News Fires Dick Morris: Mitt Romney Landslide Prediction Gets Political Commentator Canned

JMS

Morris stays on point, though, and blames those pesky minorities who can't get it right. :ols:

To get what the Fox is really up to with any face-lift (like you have any doubt) see the Weds DS episode, where, as usual, they blatantly show who they are even while still trying to pretend they're not. :)

I read he's going to CNN this morning (who has been cleaning house as well due to abysmal ratings)

If MSNBC and Fox can justifiably be used as examples of crazy-funny-sad-stupid uber-bias (primarily, propaganda leaf-blowers for the left & right), then CNN can be used to as an example of impotence and incompetence (still with a mild lefty swing). Unless I am at another's home, I haven't watched any of these networks for many months now other than for very limited times for very specific reasons. I don't even think to turn them on to "see what's up" or for any other typical viewing reason.

If MSNBC and Fox can justifiably be used as examples of crazy-funny-sad-stupid uber-bias (primarily, propaganda leaf-blowers for the left & right), then CNN can be used to as an example of impotence and incompetence (still with a mild lefty swing). Unless I am at another's home, I haven't watched any of these networks for many months now other than for very limited times for very specific reasons. I don't even think to turn them on to "see what's up" or for any other typical viewing reason.

True enough. I think so many of them have jumped the shark regards any kind of credibility. Consuming news online is so much more efficient. Dick Morris quite possibly has THE most annoying voice I think I've ever had the displeasure of hearing btw.

CNN doesn't even count anymore.. seriously,, they dismantled their entire investigative journalism department saying that there is no story anywhere that can't be discovered, vetted, and verified through the internet.

How anyone can call themselves a news organization while operating like that is beyond me.

By that standard, our man Hap is a news organization.

~Bang

CNN doesn't even count anymore.. seriously,, they dismantled their entire investigative journalism department saying that there is no story anywhere that can't be discovered, vetted, and verified through the internet.

How anyone can call themselves a news organization while operating like that is beyond me.

By that standard, our man Hap is a news organization.

~Bang

Pointing out that I think ES has a better record for spotting, and quashing, BS stories, than most "major news organizations".

---------- Post added February-7th-2013 at 12:53 PM ----------

Finally. I don't care if you are left wing or right wing or duck wing or hospital wing, one thing we should all be able to agree upon is that Dick Morris is the worst hack of them all.

Now, I think there's stiff competition for that title.

Now, I think there's stiff competition for that title.

I don't know about that . Andrew Sullivan summed it up well for me.

A couple years ago, Media Matters looked at how Morris uses bad information to make money. After reading it, the Dick Morris business model becomes clear: 1) Make ridiculous prediction on TV or elsewhere. 2) Get gullible victims of confirmation bias who saw erroneous prediction to sign up for your newsletter 3) Send gullible audience spam. 4) Profit!

Because Morris is willing to go further than other hacks, he is often exclusively wrong about a subject, which only drives more traffic to him. I've no idea whether or not Morris believes what he predicts, but, regardless, his wrongness as a pundit is without equal. There is no one in politics I trust less.

http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2012/08/09/americas-premiere-snake-oil-salesman/

---------- Post added February-7th-2013 at 12:25 PM ----------

I'm stealing your "wings of a feather" line, P. :)

Whistler: "The only think worse than being witty is not being witty."

*10 seconds of sycophantic laughter ensues*

Wilde: "I wish I had said that."

Whistler: "You will Oscar, you will."

*20 seconds of sycophantic laughter ensues*

On MSNBC... I really enjoy Rachael Maddow ( I think she's the smartest anchor on TV today) and Laurence Odonell is very watchable... both are partisan as hell though.. They are also guilty pleasures more than news sources because after listening to them, you really need to corroborate what they tell you before entering into your information pool. Not because they are wrong but because what they report on sometimes is so down in the weeds it doesn't even register with the public at large and listening to these guys you will think it's the next Watergate. Still smart, well informed... interesting, they make you think...... I will tolerate Chris Matthews in short doses...

On Fox, I like Lou Dobbs long time watcher...

CNN... are they still broadcasting.. haven't watched anybody over there since Larry King retired. painful. Dick Morris isn't going to help them either.

Isn't Dick Morris the guy who used to book a DC hotel room to suck the toes of a prostitute back when he worked in the Clinton administration?

Yeah that's the guy..... he also allowed the "prostitute" Sherry Rowlands(*) to listen in on his calls with the President to impress her... which is what actually got him fired..... I mean nobody got fired under Clinton for sucking a few extra marital toes.

(*) Prostitute is in quotes.. because hey Dick was paying for her... but his relationship with the woman had gone on for years.

I don't know about that . Andrew Sullivan summed it up well for me.

Isn't that the same business model Ann Coulter uses?

On MSNBC... I really enjoy Rachael Maddow ( I think she's the smartest anchor on TV today) and Laurence Odonell is very watchable... both are partisan as hell though.. They are also guilty pleasures more than news sources because after listening to them, you really need to corroborate what they tell you before entering into your information pool. Not because they are wrong but because what they report on sometimes is so down in the weeds it doesn't even register with the public at large and listening to these guys you will think it's the next Watergate. Still smart, well informed... interesting, they make you think...... I will tolerate Chris Matthews in short doses...

Hey, my main source of news is Stewart and Colbert, so take of that what you will. :D

To be honest, you should verify with any news source, particularly nowadays with all the rush to be first, there isn't a whole lot of time spent being right. I don't mind there being people in news with points of view and making arguments as to why their points of view should be taken. The problem comes when that gets mistaken for real news, which it sometimes is on Fox.

To be honest, you should verify with any news source, particularly nowadays with all the rush to be first, there isn't a whole lot of time spent being right. I don't mind there being people in news with points of view and making arguments as to why their points of view should be taken. The problem comes when that gets mistaken for real news, which it sometimes is on Fox.

Yeah you are probable right.. Gone are the days of Edward R. Murrow, or Walter Cronkite where you could not only trust the source but everybody was watching the same source.... So if they reported it as a big deal, it would get consideration as a big deal.

I think I might be the only person still watching CNN, though I only watch bits of Out Front and AC360. The daytime stuff is idiotic and banal, and Piers Morgan drags out the same topics ad nauseam.....weeks of asking every friggin person in showbiz about Whitney Houston....now every show is about guns.

Still, foreign correspondents like Ben Wedeman (though his queenish drone of a voice is severely irritating) and Arwa Damon(sp?) Are a cut above others.

They are kinda cleaning house at Fox aren't they... First Sarah Palin, now Dick Morris few months ago Judge Napolitano...

Parting ways with some of their most partisan talking heads.

http://www.mstarz.com/articles/8197/20130206/fox-news-fires-dick-morris-mitt-romney-landslide-prediction-gets-political-commentator-canned.htm

I agree with you about Dick Morris being due for firing, but I can't agree with you about Palin or Napolitano.

I don't watch Fox, but IMO Palin was a good choice for them since they are not shy about their pro-Republican bias and she is a leader within the party. She also is an interesting figure to have on Fox because while she is sort of "establishment", she also sort of isn't. She seems more independent-minded than a lot of the people they put on their shows.

Napolitano is about as partisan as Ron Paul - technically he's a member of one party but his views often conflict with those of his own party and his reasoning is usually something that's worthwhile to hear because it's based in philosophical ideology rather than partisan nonsense or pragmatism, which is 95% of what we hear from other media sources. I don't think they got rid of him due to his partisanship - I think it was the other way around. Republicans can't have a guy on the air doing stuff like this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvRWjFLvXZI - at least not on their dime.

I am glad they picked up Kucinich, though. That has potential to create some great debate.

Archived