Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Following. POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Kilmer17

All I can say is- WOW.

What an epic premier.

Was just about to make a thread about this show. Maybe we should turn this into the official thread to talk about the show because I have no doubt we're gonna need one sooner rather then later.

Since I finished 24 on Netflix, I've been dying to have a show that I could get into like I did that show. I hope this show can be it. They set the hook, the rest of the season will determine if they can reel everyone in. A lot of shows have promising pilots only to fizzle out. I hope this show can keep it going.

I was going to come here and start a thread too! Great start and Kevin Bacon was great.

Plot wise, do you think this will be 14 episodes of a race to find the son or trying to get out in front of random followers and their crimes? I get the point of the show, but I'm a little concerned that the mastermind is locked up.

I am excited for Mondays!

Having Carroll behind bars opens up all sorts of possibilities. It looks like it will be a chase for the kid as well as a hunt for his followers.

Best premier since LOST imo.

I completely agree...at least of the shows I've watched. Maybe that means that Maggie Grace is the key to a good premier.

It opens up cool possibilities, but now that he will no contact with the outside world, how will they continue to execute his plan? I won't worry about it...the concept is cool so I should trust it!

---------- Post added January-21st-2013 at 10:40 PM ----------

FYI, a good review...

http://watching-tv.ew.com/2013/01/21/the-following-kevin-bacon/

I scrolled down quick because I didn't want spoilers. I didn't see the premier, being burned by Alcatraz which ended up just being another procedural. This isn't the same thing is it?

No, not at all. IMO this is a very unique show. There are a lot of twists and turn in just the firt show. It was awesome. Think they are replaying it on Friday.

This seems like it's going to be a great show..I really enjoyed the premier last night..Kevin Bacon was outstanding and a perfect fit in that role...there's not alot of known talent in this show..but I think that makes it all the better ...plenty of "holy crap" moments...should be interesting to see it unfold..I love when I catch a show in the beginning and "follow" it thru..:)

Plus it uses local spots..Richmond, Waverly(who would ever think they'd see this town on network TV?..their Diner is awesome tho..lol), Norfolk...

It was a great first episode... I'm just worried that it may fizzle out if the plot doesn't evolve.

I'd hate for it to turn into Alcatraz and we start watching the same thing every week.

Right...there is the risk that this turns into them rounding up a "follower" each week with a longer-term thread of finding the son. But, I do hope it's more of a 24 formula where it takes the entire season to resolve the big things. I don't want each episode to be a mini-chase that is all wrapped up in an hour.

spoiler:

I was literally upset that they killed off Maggie Grace's character in the first episode. I really enjoy seeing her on my T.V screen if you know what I mean. And it seems like she never lasts long as a main character on T.V. shows or gets any big movie roles. Aside from being Liam Neesons kidnapped daughter.

I'm guessing that had more to do with her schedule (I suspect that it was a 1 off for her by her own choice) than anything else.

She does have a decent movie career now.

A lot of me agrees with you. But part of me thinks that it was a move by the writers to create a big shock in the 1st episode that will keep viewers coming back. Semi big name, she'll be a regular? Bam. Guess not.

24 had a good example of this at the end of the 1st season. Jack saved his wife and daughter and everything is gonna be peachy. Boom. Wife dead, fade to black.

I echo much of what's been said. It looks like we have a broadcast network show that will eclipse the previous leader for darkness of crime content (Criminal Minds). Good casting and premise. The trick will be in making it hold up over time. Something I thought was going to be difficult for Dexter---an intense dark theme that would seem to have limited legs, story-wise over an extended period---but that one went so well that I am hopeful.

Archived