The AP Announces the 2012 NFL All Pro Team. Congrats to Fletcher & Morris

Sizzla3000

Jason Voorhees (Part III) v. Bruce Lee: Who would Win  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Jason Voorhees (Part III) v. Bruce Lee: Who would Win

• Jason Voorhees
    • Bruce Lee
    • Draw, both walk away.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/12/the-associated-press-all-pro-team/

The Associated Press All-Pro team

Posted by Mike Florio on January 12, 2013, 10:26 AM EST

[Editor's note: Inexplicably, the Associated Press will make us wait three more weeks to find out the various 2012 season award winners. To bide the time, the AP has named its All-Pro team. The full team appears below.]

QB: Peyton Manning, Broncos.

RB: Adrian Peterson, Vikings (unanimous), Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks.

FB: Vonta Leach, Ravens.

TE: Tony Gonzalez, Falcons.

WR: Calvin Johnson, Lions; Brandon Marshall, Bears.

OT: Duane Brown, Texans; Ryan Clady, Broncos.

OG: Jahri Evans, Saints; Mike Iupati, 49ers.

C: Max Unger, Seahawks.

DE: J.J. Watt, Texans (unanimous), Cameron Wake, Dolphins.

DT: Geno Atkins, Bengals; Vince Wilfork, Patriots.

OLB: Von Miller, Broncos; Aldon Smith, 49ers.

ILB: Patrick Willis, San Francisco; NaVorro Bowman, San Francisco.

CB: Richard Sherman, Seahawks; Charles Tillman, Bears.

S: Earl Thomas, Seahawks; Dashon Goldson, 49ers.

P: Andy Lee, 49ers.

K: Blair Walsh, Vikings.

KR: Jacoby Jones, Ravens.

SECOND TEAM

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Packers.

RB: Alfred Morris, Redskins; Jamaal Charles, Chiefs.

FB: Jerome Felton, Vikings.

TE: Jason Witten, Cowboys.

WR: A.J. Green, Bengals; Andre Johnson, Texans.

OT: Joe Thomas, Browns; Joe Staley, 49ers.

OG: Marshal Yanda, Ravens; Logan Mankins, 49ers.

C: Maurkice Pouncey, Steelers.

DE: Justin Smith, 49ers; Julius Peppers, Bears.

DT: Justin Smith, 49ers; Ndamukong Suh, Lions; Haloti Ngata, Ravens.

OLB: Chad Greenway, Vikings; Ahmad Brooks, 49ers; Clay Matthews, Packers; and DeMarcus Ware, Cowboys.

ILB: Daryl Washington, Cardinals; London Fletcher, Redskins.

CB: Champ Bailey, Broncos; Tim Jennings, Bears.

S: Eric Weddle, Chargers; Jairus Byrd, Bills.

P: Thomas Morstead, Saints.

K: Phil Dawson, Browns.

KR: David Wilson, Giants.

Congratulations to Morris, he certainly deserved it. He ran with purpose all year long and did incredible.

It's tough to imagine how different this year would have gone without him. THT and Helu were injured, and Royster seemed to have a tough 2nd year. Without Morris we probably win nowhere near as many games, and our offense, instead of being top 5, would have been middle of the pack at best.

And is that the Highlander I spy on the 2nd team? Congratulations to Fletcher! He came alive in the 2nd half of the season so it's good to see him get some recognition.

Who the heck is Duane Brown and how is he on there over Trent Williams? Also Suh 2nd team, whatever, I'd take Cofield over him

Duane Brown is an incredibly good LT for the Houston Texans, he is very deserving. PFF had him graded as the best LT in football this season.

Hopefully Clady's position as first team all pro will put to sleep some of the calls here for him to be signed as our RT.

All that being said congrats to Morris and Fletcher! Good to see Morris getting the more prestigious recognition after being snubbed from the Pro Bowl.

Awesome job by Alfred getting onto the 2nd team as a rookie. Great accomplishment.

And awesome for Fletcher to get some additional notoriety as he moves towards the end of his career. All-Pro teams will just help add to the hall of fame argument.

Awesome job by Alfred getting onto the 2nd team as a rookie. Great accomplishment.

And awesome for Fletcher to get some additional notoriety as he moves towards the end of his career. All-Pro teams will just help add to the hall of fame argument.

Yeah, I want to see Fletcher in the Hall.

Hopefully, would go in as a Redskin.

Wow, what an honor. Alfred just makes the picks we traded this year seem less and less relevant. To have found an All-Pro RB in the 6th round. That's amazing.

Congrats to our own Iron Man too! Hoping he stays around for another season, just long enough to bring home another ring ;)

Can the OP be changed to show that Fletcher made it as well? I've long thought that making all-Pro is far more impressive than making the Pro Bowl, so I'm glad to see two of our guys get it.

Yeah, I want to see Fletcher in the Hall.

Hopefully, would go in as a Redskin.

I think Fletcher deserves it, but I'm pretty sure the football hall of fame isn't the baseball hall of fame. Players don't go in the football hall of fame "as any team."

Trent Williams should be there smh.

I know a lot of Redskins faithful believe Trent Williams deserved ALL Pro or elected to the Pro Bowl. But his thigh injury held him back. IF he was healthy all year, he probably would have gotten more recognition. But he did not play as well after the injury, particularly on his run blocking. And he had a rough time with some speed rushers on the edge. I'm not complaining...I thought he did a great job, especially considering he played every Sunday through a painful injury and never complained. He has a long and bright future ahead of him.

But he was not one of the top 5 or 6 left tackles this season. Close but not quite.

Alfred Morris clearly deserved it. But Fletch? Sorry....I love me some London Fletcher. But he played quite poorly at times this season missing tackles and badly covering tight ends. The hamstring pull and the ankle sprain had something to do with it; but so did age. This was one of London's worse seasons. Did not deserve All Pro this year. Maybe a makeup for all those years in the past when he was snubbed, perhaps. Happy for him....but this year's London Fletcher was not even close to the London Fletcher of the past 3-4 years.

Archived